Juggernaut needs fixed and changed.

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-InsaneChaosMarine, Jul 9, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-InsaneChaosMarine Guest

[IMG]
    I don't need to say anymore, the cost of this spell is 1% Health per second (LOL), plus it decreases ... our avoidance, mitigation with all damage, and only increases our critical chance (we are mostly capped) and combat art damage (we have the lowest damage combat arts in the game, they suck.)
    ALSO: it only works if your berserk.. if your berserk goes away 1 second after you cast it... so does this ability LOL.

This buff needs changed, first of all, lets look up the description of Juggernaut online...
    Note : A force, an idea, or a system of beliefs that overcomesopposition — especially if it does so ruthlessly — is called a“juggernaut.”

I propose this instead of what it is.
    Every 3 Seconds it costs 1 Percent Health and Power. (if you run out of one it cancels itself)
    Until Canceled or until you run out of health or power.
    Increases Damage Reduction. (probably 10-15% at master)
    Increases Autoattack Modifier. (by a little bit) [Or threat %] [Or Strikethrough %]

Why Damage Reduction? It's simple, watch X-men. (IM THE JUGGANAUT B.tch!)
    Why Autoattack Modifier? Berserker relies heavily on his auto-attack damage.
  2. ARCHIVED-LygerT Guest

juggernaut is an offensive ability and should remain so, changing it to a defensive is further stepping on the toes of the guardian.

i propose a flurry proc instead of the weak crit/ca mod that it currently does. as it sits it's mainly a solo ability which has no practical use because it is too offensive for a solo ability.
  3. ARCHIVED-InsaneChaosMarine Guest

Its to bad we can't hit anything, but it does not step on guardians toes, the effect kills your health and mana.
    That sounds very berserkish to me, and it kind of sucks for a solo ability since the ability would constantly be killing your mana.

but I've always veiwed juggernaut as a defensive thing.
    Marauder is more of the offensive version of Juggernaut.
  4. ARCHIVED-LygerT Guest

Talathion@Antonia Bayle wrote:
  5. ARCHIVED-InsaneChaosMarine Guest

Lygerr@Mistmoore wrote:
    Well yeah, but it also kills your power and health quickly.
    Its until canceled, until you run out of power or health. (10%)

If you used adrenaline with that up you would run OOP so fast it wouldn't be up all the time.

But thats besides the point, I always pictured juggernaut as a hard to kill object or person is all.

Anyways, what do you think it should be if the cost was 1% power/health every 3 seconds and until canceled, that was a berserker ability? Besides damage reduction that is.
    How about Increases Strikethrough Chance by 20%.
    Increases Autoattack Modifier by 0.2.
  6. ARCHIVED-Tekadeo Guest

I dont see a juggernaut as something unkillable, i defintiely see it as an offensive thing really.
    Juggernauts are unstoppable. Always moving forward. Winning. As a sports fan, we always talk about Offensive Juggernauts, never heard of a defensive juggernaut. Defensive Stalwart? Yes. The 2000 Baltimore Ravens were one of the most amazing defenses of all time, yet the only serach I come up with is saying "The Ravens may not have been an offensive juggernaut, but.." That's it.
  7. ARCHIVED-LygerT Guest

it's just the NAME of an ability.. it does not mean it has to follow ANY rules for classification for offensive OR defensive.. it has ALWAYS been offensive at the cost of defensive.
  8. ARCHIVED-InsaneChaosMarine Guest

Well it can be an offensive spell, but if it lowers mitigation and avoidance AND kills you, then it should be a HUGE increase in DPS, and I think it should be until canceled.

The AA in the berserker tree should be there to lower its penaltys by up to 10% per point spent.
  9. ARCHIVED-Thetmes Guest

Sounds like you want an untill cancled DA I say no you want DA roll a crusader and leave the warriors out of it
  10. ARCHIVED-Boli32 Guest

Doesn't it give you potency and crit bonus, for a short duration? (if you put AA in) as far as I can see the major drawback is the health tick more than the parry/defence/small mitigation. I think the biggest concern over it is the +crit chance as you have since RoK been able to cap that out.
    If that was changed/removed to something else (along with executioner's wrath proc effect, I suppose) changed:
    "increase critical chance by 27.2%" to "increase melee weapon damage bonus by 15" (15%).
    It would make it a viable ability again. Tbh that's all that needs changing; (27.2% crit chance would have raised your autoattack damage; this is no different). Asking for inumerable and quite frankly massive defensive abilities as WELL as offensive ones is only going to get you laughed at and not taken seriously.
  11. ARCHIVED-InsaneChaosMarine Guest

Boli32 wrote:
    So Lowering your defense and parry AND mitigation AND having a health cost of 1% every second wouldn't equal to anything good?
    Extra CA Damage means so little to us, since we have the weakest Combat Arts in the Game.

Things we like:
    Strikethrough
    Autoattack Modifier

Divine Aura has nothing to do with increases Offensive Attacks.
  12. ARCHIVED-Boli32 Guest

If you are worried about a mere 900 mit and some contested avoidance then you have more serious issues than a single buff
  13. ARCHIVED-LygerT Guest

point is the ability isn't worth the negatives regardless, solo or in group. if you don't notice the debuffs enough to worry about it, then congrats to you, you probably have some awesome gear and many hours farming for it.
    of course for a benefit there should be a cost for this ability and i don't mind seeing the current cost remain but the beneficials need to be tweaked to be more worthwhile. as it sits its one of those skills that you look at on your hotbar and contemplate bothering to cast it, along with the 2 blue AEs and 1 green encounter AE, open wounds also is very weak at level 90 and needs a real AA to enhance it, not drop the recast on it ~15%, the AE damage component is a joke.
  14. ARCHIVED-InsaneChaosMarine Guest

There is a cost of it taking up our 65 ability slot and being garbage.
  15. ARCHIVED-Thetmes Guest

I agree it needs fixed but as others stated what you are asking for is over the top and sounds allot like some form of DA to me. Which you have asked for before hence why I used the referance again and asked you to roll a crusader if you want it. I realize that DA does nothing to increase Off stats or provide any Off benifit. I looks like you are asking for DA plus that though. So again have a nice day.
  16. ARCHIVED-LygerT Guest

Kimber@Nagafen wrote:
    why do you keep mentioning DA, like we need more of it?

or is it an abbreviation to which we are supposed to know in the zerker forum for a crusader skill? if so, DA is commonly known as double attack. for which i am wrong in guessing that is what you also are referring to, i hope, instead of using yet MORE abbreviations with the same exact letters..
    at level 80 gear starts to overwhelm with the amount of double attack making it an unecessary modifier, for which it becomes worthless beyond that. how much does crit bonus and CA bonus offset that? that is why this thread exists, because it doesn't do much.
    i suggested a flurry % instead of everything else, but how much is fair for the cost and not overpowering? i'd guess a 5-10% flurry wouldn't be over the top yet worthwhile enough to help again define the "Berserker" with a class defining ability. the other would be a strikethrough but i continue to not believe that raiders should get everything for balance of the class, not simply because i have quit raiding but because that is where i believe the divide has started.
  17. ARCHIVED-InsaneChaosMarine Guest

if it stays with all those penaltys, 20%-25% flurry, IMO.
    Less its Until Canceled.
  18. ARCHIVED-LygerT Guest

you're high.
  19. ARCHIVED-Silzin Guest

Lygerr@Mistmoore wrote:
    He isnt high, he is this way all of the time and doesnt seem to understand the valu of some stats and how they can be balinced.
  20. ARCHIVED-InsaneChaosMarine Guest

Silzin wrote:
    "balanced"