juggernaught and other berserker class definying ability

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-yadlajoi, Apr 6, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-yadlajoi Guest

I wanted to know the rest of the community’s what they were thinking of juggernaut ?

When this was introduced in KoS i twas pretty neat since there was very little way to increase crit percentage (mark of awakened instinct and str line) even if the cost in mit and defensive skill was pretty hard
    With EoF we could increase its duration wich was nice.
    Now comes RoK, where everyone worth a damn could easely reach 100% crit making this ability pretty « meh » aside from the fact it increased CA damage. Please keep in mind that open wound another of our class defining ability because obsolete with mythical introduction, so that was 2 CA that were pretty much useless.
    In TSO we could invest point to add crit bonus to it in order to make this skill worth something again, crit bonus for melee were much rarer than spell crit bonus.
    Now in SF we have crit bonus everywhere, even quested treasure gear from paineel has more crit bonus than a skill with 5aa into it.

I dont think it would be too much to add 10 crit bonus per rank in the TSO tree to the juggernaught aa, or maybe give the final rank a complete control immunity (stun snare root KB charm daze etc)

As we all know out of all the 250 aa available we already have many many useless ones or just wasted points (wisdom agi for KoS debiliation most of perseverance for EoF) and now AA into juggernaught is giving almost no benefit, almost same with the frenzy AA (thou the base dmg increase is good)

More and more of our class definying ability become obsolete.
    Even rampage falls short when you compare the DPS it outputs compared to cacophony of blades and peace of mind.
    I would almost advocate for turning rampage back to what it was prior to it s terrible nerf back in t5 not many of you might remember that it was reduced from full duration to only 10trigger on a 1 HOUR TIMER (of course fixing the bug that was making rampage proc feeding rampage procs wich was pretty nifty :p)
  2. ARCHIVED-Kota Guest

i only have 244 aa atm, but out of all of them, there are only 3 i feel are useless. i do wish they would do something with those 2 abilities tho. i don't think rampage should be compared to something like CoB.
  3. ARCHIVED-yadlajoi Guest

I m not talking about AA but about class specific CAs becoming useless/obsolete, their only redeeming part were AA you could spend on them to enhance them and now even with AA those CA are obsolete. And for CoB/PoM i understand what you mean but rampage should be berserker's bread and butter. When CoB / PoM come higher than rampage on the zwparse it feels kinda wrong to me
  4. ARCHIVED-Ocello Guest

The thing is, these skills are still very much money until you reach like lvl 80+ so there isn't a need to revamp the whole skill. The right thing to do would be to either change the AA's for them or make adornments for them.
    I would vote giving Open Wounds a +4 targets modifier...so our auto attack will hit 8 instead of just 4. This would very much make Open Wounds viable. And I would also vote to make an AA that gives Juggernaut complete control immunity for it's duration.
  5. ARCHIVED-yadlajoi Guest

It takes 1 to 3 days to reach lvl 80 and then 1 or 2 weeks to reach 90 depending. Open wound is a lvl 58 skill and juggernaught a lvl 65 one. So by your standar the time these CA are "money" is pretty much a few hours top... Openwounds should be 100%flurry via AA juggernaught +10%crit bonus per rank to make these usefull. OW has been in a dire need of a full revamp for now years and juggernaught is taking the exact same path. The more time pass the less toy we have while every other class get more toy to play with. It s been pattern for berseker for year it s time to break it.
  6. ARCHIVED-Obadiah Guest

No cap on Crit Bonus, I'm fine with the abililty as it is. 10% total instead of 5% doesn't seem unreasonable, 10% per rank does.
    100% flurry - even temporarily - is an awful lot. Not that I'd refuse it .... just sayin that's a lot. 1% Flurry per pt on OW seems like a reasonable request, but it's not going to happen this expansion.
  7. ARCHIVED-Ocello Guest

yadlajoi wrote:
    Wow dude you are off your rocker if you think SoE means for the game to be played that way. And also if you think those abilities wouldnt be outrageously overpowered. Just go away, you are a detriment to the adult discussion we are trying to have here.
  8. ARCHIVED-yadlajoi Guest

Ocello wrote:
    Leveling takes just this much time unless of course you disable XP to lvllock yourself.
    Abilities are obosolete these days openwound has been for years if you are content with having less and less class defining ability every expansion you are a detriment to the class and the players trying to get 100% out of all their ability and of their toon.
    Outrageously overpowered number, yes cause if i had listed as what i d be happy 2%flurry per rank on OW AA and 3% crit bonus on juggernaught then if a dev would decide to actually work on our class instead of leaving it as the red head basterd child he would just take the number cut them in half and we d just remain with obsolete to weakish aa.
    As for the discussion feel free to leave it since i started it, and you seem to be content with having broken ability so instead of militating for staying in the same mediocrity you seem so eager to live in and let people who want to see broken thing (open wound) get fixed and CA becoming obsolet get tweaked
  9. ARCHIVED-Ocello Guest

yadlajoi wrote:
    1. I am far too educated to comprehend that jumbled mess of hot garbage you just typed. Typos i can deal with, but jeeza did you just faceroll ur keys?
    2. I would be more than happy to see them change. But asking for such ridiculous amounts is inane. 100% flurry WOWWW
    3. My berserker is a beast, sorry yours is a "red head basterd child." I don't understand it, myself; the only tank better than Zerk is SK. Period.