Join Us for the Rum Cellar Campaign this April!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Apr 1, 2015.

1. suka Well-Known Member

if they made it 500 sc, then that would be a good reason to stay all access because we could use one of our monthly sc to pay for it. but 1500 is three months of sc and $15 would be one month of subscription.
    Quillyne, Alenna, Losadunai and 4 others like this.
  2. Velros Member

so your new plan is to charge us for GU sized releases that where free under the expansion pack plan, thanks for ripping my money out of my hands Daybreak. not even a single free GU with AoM somthing i paid for expecting free GU's.. meaning your already in my bad book
    Rynda, Kinya, Gaealiege and 1 other person like this.
  3. NrthnStar5 Well-Known Member

I'm concerned that there will be no advanced solo version. That seems to imply that if you are fully geared in Yellow Gem gear, the solo version would not offer anything in terms of progression. I could be wrong, but now is not a good time for me to get into heroics...
  4. suka Well-Known Member

since we are maxed at 350 aas and level 100, i am wondering what kind of progression we would see from this anyway. looks to me like just a small adventure and some extra loot for a level 100
  5. ElectricPotato Active Member

This anouncement probably marks the end of my EQ2 playing experience. I don't like the game enough anymore to warrant 15$ fees on top of the 15$ monthly I pay per account.

I was kind of expecting to get more AoM content already, ever since the Velious- buy ahead model. Velious included upto Cobalt Scar and sirens grotto ostensibly. I was expecting more out of AoM. Hearing that more AoM content will be purchased separately, I'm even less thrilled.

On another note, april 1st was a terrible day to anounce this. The content mentioned has a silly kind of theme to it, and without Darkon, EQ2Wire, ZAM, and such having big (THIS IS NOT A JOKE) text next to the headline, one would expect this to be a april 1st gag. Supersadface.
    Quillyne, Karsa, Gaealiege and 5 others like this.
  6. suka Well-Known Member

so other than some loot, how is this different from the player made dungeons? except that i won't charge you to come get drunk in my dungeon and you won't get any xp or aas in either case if you are already maxed.
  7. Wanderingbat Active Member

Uh huh... totally family oriented. Gotta love it. the family that gets drunk together , stays together.
  8. Lostmymind New Member

More broken promises and lies. What a shock.......
    Why don't you fix your existing mess called AoM instead of creating more bug and lag filler content only certain Devs want?
    This sounds like yet another bad idea, and I refuse to pay for poorly thought out, uninteresting content you just described. You can ditch your class revamp as well. There are better ways to solve the issues than to rush to implement poorly thought out ideas. Maybe when you lose another chunk of the player base you people will start listening to the players instead of your own agendas.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  9. Darkon Well-Known Member

My god you guys. The hostility is completely unwarranted. I understand being upset but is 15$ (the cost of a large pizza..) really so outrageous?

Come on friends, if they announced it was going to be another 40/60 like AoM I could see being this outraged. But let's be real, we're mostly American's, we can probably skip one of those large pizzas to pay for our hobby.

I do wish they'd have included the first of these for those of us who purchased AOM, but I understand that they need funding to continue to keep the lights on so I don't begrudge them my 15$.
  10. d1anaw Well-Known Member

Join you if I am a max level adventurer. Anything else, you aren't interested in. Oh well, guess you won't be getting my money.
    Oneofmany, Belenos, Lateana and 2 others like this.
  11. Deveryn Well-Known Member

The plan is to release an expansion's worth of content in pieces and support other free updates. Expansions, as we know them, are done with (which is something they tried once before. see: AoD). This is their replacement. The whole business of giving so much out for free over the course of a year has not served them well.
    chattie, Kittybock, Dulcenia and 3 others like this.
  12. suka Well-Known Member

@wanderingbat
    family oriented if all of your family is 100.

@ morath
    oh and they are still working on the deity line. along with some other things they promised. the only shock of this is the cost. otherwise, it really makes sense. as long as, like she said, it is something extra that isn't important to the line of progression. and too bad it isn't agnostic. if you are already maxed in level and aas, then the only reason to do it is for loot and the collections. which really is not much incentive.
  13. suka Well-Known Member

@ lostmymind - i don't agree at all. class revamps are nice. any quest sounds like fun, although more like a festival.

and come on guys, i didn't see any broken promises. they only said before they were planning things, not that they were definitely coming out. they are allowed to change their minds and their directions. why not give it time and see where it leads? i do hope they rethink the price bit though.
  14. suka Well-Known Member

my only disappointment is mainly that they made it exclusive- only for level 100. not very fair. had it been inclusive with sliding scale levels i could see it being worth the $15. the fact that only 3 of my toons will see it for a very long time and they are spread over 2 accounts makes it unlikely i will be able to buy it.

but i look at things this way. I pay my monthly sub. i am happy with the content we already have. If i go back and mentor down to do all of the stuff i haven't done yet on just my maxed toon, that will keep me busy for years. so even if i don't get to buy the new stuff they are making, it is still my favorite game
    NickStern, Oneofmany, Belenos and 7 others like this.
  15. jeradl Member

15 for this is a crap rate. At that rate you would have charged us 135 for the 9 AoM zones we just got. Stay at that price point and a lot of us will be playing something else.
  16. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

My only concern is this:

Does this mean from now there will be no new overland areas? Just little instance areas to enter? If that is going to be the case, that makes me very sad. As it is the land areas, with npcs giving quests, places to discover and such that makes this game so special to me...
    Rynda, Oneofmany, Kittybock and 4 others like this.
  17. Terrius Well-Known Member

The thing that annoys me is, we paid for AoM which was more expensive than any previous expac (no pre order discount) with the promise of free content in upcoming updates. We paid for a year worth of expansion and now we are told at month 5 that in order to experience the rest of the expansions content (directly related to AOM according to holly's post) we must now pay an additional $15.

This seems shady and unfair to loyal paying customers.
    Rynda, Mindsway, Quillyne and 7 others like this.
  18. Uncle Active Member

all kidding aside

30 for xpac 15 for dlc then maybe 15 later in the year really not that bad compared to say Call of duty ( and yes I know not the same genre) but they charge 50 for the game then 10 every three months for the rest of the year on what I would call limited comtent DLC. Most current game have a similar set up so it not so much that it bothers me but maybe have the first one mid summer mite have made it a easier pill to swallow don't get me wrong a new raid zone alone = $15 for me. but some will contest gold members 15 a month on top of dlc's might be a tad high may be discout it for them like you done for dcuo in the past
  19. Bivin the Halfling Ranger Member

The write up by Cyliena over at ZAM in their coverage of the subject includes this:
    "While pricing will not always be the same for every campaign, the current price for Rum Cellar is set at $15; no, you can't pay in Station Cash (we asked), but members will get their 10% discount on it."

So, my 10% discount means I pay $13.50 instead of 15.00, but I can't use my SC. I save a whole buck and 2 quarters.
    Whee.
    Well, no one in my family has any toons at 100 yet, so we won't be buying this.
    We're paying for two accounts already, so I don't see my wife agreeing to throw money at this. (If Mama's not happy, nobody's happy.)
    And for those who say its only the cost of a large pizza......
    Ladies and gents, my family foregos eating out or getting delivery, including large pizzas, so that we can afford 2 subs.
    I kinda think my family is supporting the company enough already, by putting much more than $200 a year into it.
    If i can't use my SC, which was part of the deal for those who kept their subs when the game went FTP, even for smaller DLC, then what's the point?o_O
    Kinya, Gulaep, Tylia and 7 others like this.
  20. Lamatu Active Member

This is only for those that know me in game. Time to say goodbye to EQ2.