Jadeite Medallion, where do I find these

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Claws, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Claws Member

I was wondering were I would find the Jadeite Medallion, not that I need any but it is nice to know.
  2. Choot Member

They come in a random number when you purchase Cobalt Crates from the Marketplace. (Currently Singing Steel Crates).
    Claws likes this.
  3. Melkior Well-Known Member

4. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

Crates are also rewarded from Overseer. Dev Kander has left the door open for more in-game avenues of obtaining these crates,
    Maviarab, Twyla, Hartsmith and 2 others like this.
  5. Hartsmith Well-Known Member

I had only just started opening these (using monthly sub stipend) when the Singing Steel Crates became the Blood Ember Heritage Crates, and was wondering how I was going to be able to complete the sets I was trying to complete. I hadn't noticed the tokens that the crates granted, per se, but since I just now discovered the Smugglers Grotto in Qeynos for the very first time, I took note of the token required.
    How do I get to the Freeport equivalent grotto?
  6. Beee Well-Known Member

At the island in Freeport

But the mercenary and mount are much too expensive with the 7000 coins
    Forestchild, Lateana and Hartsmith like this.
  7. Beee Well-Known Member

no idea how daybreak thinks we can get 7000 coins for the mount and 7000 coins for the mercenary

I lost a lot of coins opening steel chests without getting coins.. so I will never ever get 7000 coins not talking for 14.000 :mad:

Oh i forgot the free chest from daily overseer quest.. this gives average 10 coins .. so just 700 days for the mount
    Forestchild and Twyla like this.
  8. Mermut Well-Known Member

Buy spending real money to buy the crates from the marketplace, that's how.
    Wulfgyr likes this.
  9. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

Are the crates’ mount, familiar, and mercenary required to be a T1 raider? Or is this optional and much of the anxiety is derived from completionist or prestige (bragging rights) mindset?
  10. Bludd Well-Known Member

ask a guard in freeport or qeynos docks for arabella to find the merchant to get daily overseer quest
    needs to be subbed and level 10 (11?) overseer
    Hartsmith likes this.
  11. Hartsmith Well-Known Member

Overseer 10, easy enough (if your agents have the all the positive traits)
    Also needs Adventure level 120, not so easy if your highest level is 100.
    Bludd likes this.
  12. Melkior Well-Known Member

You don't need to be adventure 120 to earn the medallions. Some of the rewards are intended for level 120 characters however.
  13. Bludd Well-Known Member

120 level 10 overseer to get the free daily overseer quest, but buying premium crates grants medallions anyway
  14. Beee Well-Known Member

Yes, but in the first weeks there were no medalions in the chests

At the moment you cant get old steel chests for getting the mercenary or the mount. The only way is $$$ bying chests for getting the 7000 medailions - in average you need 700 chests this means hundeds of USD and this two times.

This way is a perfect way to frustrate players (and some allredy quitted within the last weeks because of this)
    MSMS and Hartsmith like this.
  15. Kari Well-Known Member

It is not required for raiding, but it does provide an advantage to those who do.
    Hartsmith and Benito like this.
  16. Hartsmith Well-Known Member

You do need to be adventure level 120 in order to do that Daily Overseer quest. Since I don't have any characters of that level, I cannot confirm the Jadeite Medallion as a reward in that quest's crate. I do know that Season 1 crates contain random gear for level 115 and that you can get gear for level 120 in Season 2 crates, but I have never seen Jadeite in any of those.

Can someone confirm that you get the Jadeite from the Daily Overseer Quest? And is there any other way ingame to acquire Jadeite without having to buy the Cobalt Crates?
  17. Melkior Well-Known Member

I guess I didn't realize that it required 120 to get that originally. That quest shows up account wide though on all my toons regardless of level, but I did purchase it on a 120 character come to think of it. Sorry about the bad info, There is no other way to get the medallions other than buying the crates or doing the overseer heritage daily. Getting from 100 to 120 isn't so bad. Do the PoP timeline, it takes several hours if you aren't familiar with it, then the BoL timeline levels you extremely fast from 110-120. You should be able to do it in a weekend.
    Hartsmith likes this.
  18. elbuenomalo88 New Member

Hi there=)

Just bought for over 40€ DBC and bought 20 heritage crate and 10 heritage crate. And i got 94 and 48 from the Currency needed for the Mount and Merc...

And over one month doing Heritage Daily Quest and now i have 514 Jadeite Medallion so...i can understand if people not really happy with that.

Im really happy with the game so i dont have any problems spending bit money for it, but it can be really frustrating to need over 1 year to be able to get the mercenary or Mount.
  19. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

Am I wrong in saying that mount/merc/familiar buffs of very slightly lower power are available on the VoV currency merchant in SE? I vaguely remember when I quit that 2/3 were available, and I thought someone told me it's 3/3 now. So you just have to play the game, grind and get coins and you can buy the buffs without Jadeite medallions. And I had a feeling one of them, maybe the mount buff? Was actually free.

By all means someone step in and correct if this is wrong. My advice would be to stockpile Jadeite long term in case some other new chase item appears. Hopefully for the remaining players though that side of the game just dies a death. It decimated the top-end playerbase.
  20. Benj Well-Known Member

The currency merchant in Svarni currently sells a mount infusion and a familiar infusion, both of which are better than the summer ethereals infusions we received at the end of RoS. The game update this week should also add a mercenary infusion to the same merchant. None of these infusions are free, but they are pretty close to free (small amount of plat, status, and only 10 of the basic expansion currency).

For at least one of these infusions (I don't remember off-hand), the Jadeite version is still better, but not so much better that I would drop real money into the loot boxes.