It's time! Wie es zu tun?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Ra'Gruzgob, Apr 19, 2020.

1. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

Es gibt mehr Spieler. Es gibt mehr ausländische Spieler. Ist es also nicht der richtige Zeitpunkt, Abschnitte des Forums für Sprecher anderer Sprachen als Englisch zurückzugeben? Oder werden Sie weiterhin alles reduzieren, was reduziert werden kann?
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Since there's just the one EU server, I'd think you wouldn't need multiple language sections.

But honestly, how many people who come to these forums don't have a minimal grasp of English? When people don't, the title and text of the message generally would be a big clue that they need help in their own tongue. And if you were isolating into a "EU Server" sub forum, you might not get the folks who can read the question but whose first language is English helping.

I see regular posts from people I know who have their primary language as French, German, Russian, and Chinese.
    Breanna likes this.
  3. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

Well well, have everything heard? French, Germans, Russians and Chinese are welcome! The others is at tESO! And if apply new method for learning languages ​​in dream on dw? He will fall asleep, and special machine, as in matrix, will teach him all these languages ​​in addition to those that he understands? Then he will manage.. yes yes he will cope..
    Breanna and dirgenoobforreal like this.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Maschinelle Übersetzung ist frei verfügbar, obwohl ich zugebe, dass sie nicht perfekt ist. Welche Vorteile hätte ein EU-Forum?
  5. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

to many different languages in Europe, you would need one for each , and like Sigrdrifa said you would limit yourself to a much smaller pool of people to help or so on .
    If anything I would have something like a chat forum where you could chat with others , because if you got a problem you have to again ask on the regular English one for the Euro server , because Darkpaw will not employ about 10 or so new people just to man those sub servers for all the subjects .
    Ich habe andere Sprachen gesehen auf den Forum , und Leute sie dass verstehen hben geholfen .
    Breanna likes this.
  6. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

lol oops und Deutsh ist meine Sprache aber Rechtschreibung war noch nie meine Staerke.
    Breanna likes this.
  7. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

If forum engine had ability to group all messages in a particular language into one feed. Say, for each message in a some language a tag would be assigned. And all these messages could be seen separately from rest, then I would agree that this forum is not a toxic environment for non-english speak players. Second. EU server is just standing apart and requires a separate (additional) game client. And only. His main language is in any case same english. And technically, it is not a more convenient environment for public, playing non-english speakers. Though I think that yet main reason for current linguistic isolation (not say otherwise) is desire for groups of mostly English-speaking players to avoid serious and fatal competition by side foreign groups of players. If they had their own separate forums, then they would have more easily from outside attract recruits, created new guilds, unclear (for english speakers) in their activities. And oh horror! They would be more successful in raids and in general in assimilation of game resources. In other words, they would have ruined current Norrath world we are now familiar with. So when I created this theme, I seed that it there is just a reminder, that this potential opportunity has already been carried away by course of river of time named Lethe.. Splash! I don't characterize this circumstance as bad or good. This is game that belongs to a certain circle of people whose thoughts feel comfortable only in a limited space of an english-speaking environment. Although this contradicts the original idea of ​​game itself, within which there exists though a formal staying of different language groups
  8. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

Das exakt. Aber Sie stimme, es ist bequem Forenbeiträge, in Ihrer Muttersprache zu lesen?
    Es weiche gesagt. Sie sind so nichtsnutzig geblieben wie vorher.