It's not yet too late to save the live servers ......

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Kalika, Mar 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Breanna Well-Known Member

You go girl!!!! LOL Exactly right.
    Cyrrena, feldwebel87 and Dude like this.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

So, we all agree that the population has dropped over time. But what does a discussion like this one do to change that?

The producer has already said that DBG doesn't want to advertise the game (something we've been begging for for years and years). They want to attract players who played the game in the past to return, per the interview, which means nostalgia rather than innovative content. I don't have the link to the interview ATM, but someone surely remembers the one I'm thinking of.

I'm pretty sure that given what we've heard in terms of finances and personnel, DBG is not currently working on some kind of EQ3. They may coast along with EQ and EQ2 for a long time and still have the company make money.

I guess what I see is that all of this has been said before, again and again, ad nauseam. To absolutely no purpose. the definition of "craziness" is doing the same exact thing again and again and expecting a different outcome. What exactly do people think this discussion is accomplishing?

To me, if I were a genuinely new player coming to try EQ2 and ran into this kind of long, dismal, depression-fest, I might abandon all hope and go to some other game, which I hope is not what people are trying to accomplish.
    Siren, ConcealFate, Cyrrena and 3 others like this.
  3. Breanna Well-Known Member

Wow I've been saying that for a while now. If I were a new player and came to the forums and read some of these post, I'd run the other way fast. Too much negativity!
  4. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

Yup shaming people with critism, totally valid critism is the way to go.

Lets be happy the servers are still up and running and lets not at all complain about the mechanical issues, the population issues, the game play issues, the lack of content issues, performance issues (graphical and network), the reuse of zones, banning people from discord, the obscene amount of p2w and the total disrespect of customers the last 10 years throwing feed back directly in the bin.

Lets hide under our covers and call everyone that has an issue with the current game and wants to voice their concerns that these issues has not been looked at throughout the last two expansions a troll or paint them as wanting to destroy the game. A lot of people love EQ2 or loved. More people used to love it because of the direction the game has taken and they are totally allowed to voice why they dont play the game any longer or what changes they want to see to the game.

You know what? If I was a new player and I saw EQ2, I would love to get the facts. I wouldn't want to read about a game with severe issues all around painted with rose colored glass and invest money and time on it. That would anger me so much more and leave a sour taste in my mouth.

Its totally fine to constantly white knight DBG if thats what you want to do, but own up to it. The game has severe issues that have not been looked at for years and blindly defending it and not ever voicing what the issues are will not make EQ2 better and it will only make DBG more of meme company in the MMO space than it already is.
    Bekkr, Mizgamer62, Ursa Minor and 4 others like this.
  5. Breanna Well-Known Member

{sarcasm off}
    Cyrrena likes this.
  6. Bella222 Active Member

Soara2 likes this.
  7. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

You absolutely do need to discuss issues. You'd ideally want one issue per thread, because most people won't read a wall o'text. And I hope everyone continues to use /feedback and /bug.

But "oh woe is us, EQ2 is dying" isn't constructive. Point out specific problems, suggest solutions if you have the ideas. But bemoaning the declining population isn't gonna improve what you need improved.
    Siren, Cyrrena, Geroblue and 4 others like this.
  8. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Well in all my years of feedback, specific feedback, it's rarely fixed. It's a nice test to see if sub numbers with backed up data such as eq2wire is enough to possibly even get them to look at feedback! It still amazes me that the "they love constructive feedback" which just, isn't true.

Crazy idea, I know siggy.
  9. Fensy New Member

No one wants to play this game, it's out of date, it has absolutely no appeal to anyone of the average gamers. Even if they spent the money, they know this.

This game is only for the people left in it.
    Scrappyz likes this.
  10. feldwebel87 Active Member

You said no one wants to play it despite playing it?
    Snikkety, Siren, ConcealFate and 2 others like this.
  11. Nelie Well-Known Member

I have taken a break for about 3-4 months now and just came back to say hello to the guild. I have to agree with some valid points being made here that maybe I didn't see (and some that I have seen) since I have been gone.

Population - Here is what I believe. Population issues have been on both ends of players and devs. If you are new, finding good help to steer you in the right direction to keep interested can be difficult. For someone like me who can jump back in and understand what is going on and can number crunch, I don't need the direction. One of the frustrating aspects that affects the population is all the simple mechanics combined. I have spent a good amount of hours with new recruits before helping them understand how everything works together, it wasn't that 1 mechanic itself was difficult to understand.

(Constructive) Feedback - While there are wild and crazy posts that think they are being helpful, there are truly are some posts that constructive and detailed that do get ignored. I feel this is where things (such as content, class balance, mechanics, etc.) are why the way they are right now. While I understand most the frustration that comes with the posts that are not constructive, there are players who have put it constructively at one point and time and still gets ignored.

Someone in my guild asked me if I am thinking about returning to the game here soon along with the next expansion. I never would have never thought I would lean towards the answer of "no" but still remain undecided. I have always hated complainers and never wanted to be one myself but after being away for 3+ months and coming back and hit with a question of if I will be coming back with the new expansion, I am now what I have become to hate. I try not to let emotion dictate why I'm turned off of playing this game now but just as people who post feedback, it is hard to do.

EQ2 is still a pretty decent game and I enjoy what I still have invested into it. I still look at the bright side and hope that I can return someday and be the leader I have been before where I can help someone new get into the right direction with my help. Simple little things like that why I enjoy what I do in Eq2.
    Cyrrena and Mizgamer62 like this.
  12. Rotchi Active Member

I would as a new player find it really good to find honest information about the state of the game and not rose colored posts praising everything.

Edit to clarify:
    For example.. if my client crashes over and over when zoning or if I experience lag, I wouldn't start trouble shooting my computer cause I would know that these are "normal" issues in the game. Would save me a lot of time and pulling out my hair trying to figure out what is wrong.

On the other hand if I didn't find honest information I would sooner or later figure it out by myself and immediately lose respect for the community that post "everything is ok", that would definitely make me leave the game.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  13. Dude Well-Known Member

The problem is that that is not a normal issue in the game. I know some people have that problem, but I do not. If it were a common issue with the game, then it would happen to me, too. It does not.
    ConcealFate and Cyrrena like this.
  14. Breanna Well-Known Member

I do agree with that but I also feel it should be phrased in a polite and respectful voice. And NOT the OMG the game is dying blah blah blah with absolutely no input other than that.

I agree there are some aspects of the game that is not working as they should I never disputed that.

I also feel the post about all they want is money and you HAVE to spend money to play the game. You Do Not (other than your subscription) have to pay money. IMO people are spending money because they want to and not because they have to, they are just to lazy to work for it. There is very little things on the market place to enhance your game that you cannot find in the game itself. If you want to spend money upgrading all of your spells, then that is on you and not DBG. I remember several years ago there was no way to upgrade your spells other than in game, we had no research assistant. So if you wanted your spells upgraded you went out and did the dungeons and the raids to get those spells.
    Xianthia, Cyrrena and Dude like this.
  15. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Well, I am new to actively playing this year. So I do want to play this game.

The problem I see it is there are lots of paper and pencil gamers who could be playing this hame; however, anything computer gaming related is antithema to them.

I know why, but I game to have fun, not for some 'its not like the old days' claim. Miniatures and Napolionics rules became paper and pencil with maybe the use of miniatures. Then slowly computer gaming came along.

If you want something in here scary, just notice that when your character walks closely past an NPC, the NPC's eyes and head follow you. I'm not used to that in a computer game, and its a bit freaky.
  16. Kittik Well-Known Member

No, he said the game is only for people who are left in it.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  17. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

And, thank you for your time everyone.

This thread has been locked.

-dw
    Sykle, Cyrrena, ConcealFate and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.