Its been a long while...

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Streiter, Apr 13, 2017.

1. Streiter New Member

Hello, so I havn't touched EQ2 since.. Sentinels Fate.

Wow... thats a long time ago.

Anywho, I started playing back at launch of EQ2 and I have been digging around for an MMO to play and I am thinking of coming back to EQ2. But honestly, I would like to know if there is a progression server, something still on vanilla EQ2 or maybe just entering Desert of Flames expansion?
    Prissetta likes this.
  2. Phaedrix Active Member

See any of the numerous threads that already touch on these topics. To answer your question directly, though: yes, there is a progression server (a.k.a. TLE server) called Stormhold. Currently we're between TSO and SF. Stormhold was in vanilla EQ2 a little under two years ago. ;-)

P.S. Welcome back and good luck!
    Prissetta likes this.
  3. Meneltel Well-Known Member

TLE is for all access players only. So you cant be F2P, just a heads up.
    Prissetta likes this.
  4. Kalika Well-Known Member

Yes Stormhold, but it is a strange version of EQ2 since itemisation is a total non sense .... My 70 warden was doing 2500 dps with crap gear while solo questing, this is like 3 times what she did back in 2008.

So more or less monster litteraly explode, anything below 1^ named or ^^ do not really exist.

And in group/raid it is certainly the same, i remember that level 80 T1 dps during RoK days was from
    2000 (brand new level 80 in quested gear in a regular group) to 8K (raid geared raid buffed high en scout).

So well dps is ow 2-3 times that, and this very certainly trivialize about anything.

Anyway it's fun to revisit the content while being superwomen.