Its almost that time again...SPRING ROAD TRIP 2020 Itinerary

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Cyrrena, Apr 7, 2020.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hang on, Atlas?? Like, way back when during Project Gemini? They still make those? :eek:

And thanks for the clarification on ULA! Was going nuts trying to figure out which country it was... ;->

Uwk
    Cyrrena, Leloes and Breanna like this.
  2. Balcerak Well-Known Member

Well Mercury at least, they started with Redstone rockets and switched to Atlas for orbital flight. Gemini was all Titan II as far as I remember.

Yup Atlas, but not made the same. They used to be balloon tanks that only could be vertical if pressurized with fuel. They've changed a lot since then.....
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

D'oh! Meant to say Mercury; brain hiccup. X-P

And that's good; I should hope there'd be SOME changes to the things after all this time! :D

Uwk
  4. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I remember those early launches. I remember Sputnik going by overhead, and the Explorer 1.

The evening news one night said Sputnik was overhead. My grandmother and I went outside, and saw a tiny dot of light, it was just past sunset, go by over head.

The squirrel month the chimpanzees like Hamm, and lika the dog.

Then the Sub-Orbitals. And Yuri Gagarin making the first orbits around the Earth.

Yes, I remember all of those. Mercury, Gemini, and Apollo. Space Shuttle, and the Apollo 1 fire on the pad.

Brave men and women.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ow, yeah, amen. :-/

By the time I was born, I think they were into Gemini; I remember Apollo 11, if blurrily, and have to wonder if my memories of it were accurate from that time, or just colored by all the footage of it I've seen since. :)

Uwk
  6. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Squirrel monkey is what I meant to type.
  7. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

You can set up a tent in the Caymen Islands and open a bank, call it Bob's Bank and people can deposit money, its all tax free and there are no regulations, you can shut it down when you get as much money as you want in it and leave the country, there is nothing illegal about it since there is no regulatory oversight!!!
    Breanna and Leloes like this.
  8. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

The original spelling of Cyrrena was from when I was in UO and it was Sirena, but that was taken, so I tried Sirrena, the obscenity filter would not let me have it, it said it was naughty, for the life of me, 15 and a half years later, I cannot figure out what is naughty about it, and I tried to get it again on Kaladim and Rivervale and got the same response.
  9. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Don't forget Richard Branson is still trying to sell tickets commercially on a space vehicle his companies are supposedly developing. I don't know, I know he is from my part of the world but he is a bit of a fruit loop to be honest and blunt as a spoon.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

LOL! Well, better him than Elon Musk these days. X-P

Uwk
    Breanna, Cyrrena and Leloes like this.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

That is weird! Can't imagine which language has it in there as something offensive; I hear "Depp" is in one or more languages. :-/

Uwk
    Breanna, Cyrrena and Leloes like this.
  12. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I could use Sirena or Sirreena, but not Sirrena....so no idea what just adding one r to Sirena does to make it naughty, would be nice if Dreamweaver could tell us!!!
  13. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Yeah, I get the impression such filters, not just here, seem to be written in haste. And may not necessarily match something naughty.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Maybe in Spanish or Italian? Sirrena sounds like something from a Romance language... :-/

There might not even be a list anywhere that people can read or access, but it just wakes everything up when a "bad word" shows up. :-/

Uwk
  15. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I've had people tell me, not recently but not long ago, that words I had used as a child must be dirty, but they aren't.

Like flabbergasted, bamboozled.
  16. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I can speak some Italian and understand fluent Italian, and Sirena is an Italian and Spanish spelling and I have never seen it considered obscene or foul. My first husband was half Sicilian and half Florentine.
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Heh! Ever hear The Music Man soundtrack or seen the play or movie? In the song, "Ya Got Trouble," Professor Harold Hill (Robert Preston FTW) seems horrified at such ghastly words as "Swell!" and such phrases as "So's your old man!"

Given that it was around 1912, I guess that was kind of ghastly? ;->

Uwk
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Woo! :D

Odd, though; have you talked to Dreamweaver about this? :-/

Uwk
  19. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Yes, the 'old man' one was a put down. Basically a response to something someone called you, and you would respond 'So's your old man'. People said Dad or Father back then, if I remember my history correctly.
  20. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

No....