Its almost that time again...SPRING ROAD TRIP 2020 Itinerary

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Cyrrena, Apr 7, 2020.

1. Leloes Well-Known Member

Not saying it is just kids.....guess I just don't get all this PC stuff...........
  2. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Well, Before I retired I was talking about star formation with a coworker, and someone walking by thought I was talking about people.

Me, "Supernova is an exploding star. Not a person, not a car."
  3. Balcerak Well-Known Member

Yeah some current lingo is missed by me. I have a lot of interest in rocket launches though, so would be happy to tour Canaveral/Cape Kennedy again (I've been twice). Are we going to get going before the SpaceX demo 2 launch? I'd love to do that and have lots of info about it.
  4. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Cyrrena sis not start the trip , she MUST be sick , I worry about her .
  5. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

she came on , on one of her toons the other day , but she barely talked , so yea something is up .
  6. Leloes Well-Known Member

I hope she's not sick. She could be just distracted by other things.
  7. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Well Cyrrena if your coming on and you don't feel well just tell us , and take care of yourself we are your friends , your Road trip family , and we care ( even ttobey ) .
  8. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Balcerak just drop the info on this thread , we can always push our buttons and go on a short trip over to that we can teleport to destinations when we are in a hurry and than we can tell Cyrrena what she missed .
    Well we went to Canaveral last year and we watched a rocket launch , but there is no such thing as to many rockets.
    And if everything fails , we can also do the time warp , extending time going ahead in time or going to the past
    we can do it all well within limits.
  9. Balcerak Well-Known Member

The demonstration mission 2 from SpaceX is currently scheduled for May 27th. I love rockets and anything related (the engines, the ideas etc) So about a month away. ESA and Russian launches are also viewed by me whenever I can, as well as ULA launches and Chinese and Indian. But some aren't easily seen. I think the May 27th launch will be very popular.

I usually have a stream from 'everyday astronaut' on one screen and the main SpaceX feed on the other for those launches. https://everydayastronaut.com/ Tim is a great guy and has learned from scratch all he can about rockets.
  10. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Due to a real life emergency the SPRING ROAD TRIP (by Airship) 2020, will begin tomorrow, 27 April 2020, Monday.

Sorry.

~Cyrrena
  11. Leloes Well-Known Member

No problem, Cyrrena. I knew there was reason for the delay.
  12. Balcerak Well-Known Member

Yup no issues. We are happy to wait, especially if it means you are along.
  13. Balcerak Well-Known Member

Not sure if this will fit into the schedule but: gives info on the SpaceX Crew Dragon launch.
  14. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I am just happy your ok I hope what ever was the problem is taken care of , for your sake.
  15. Breanna Well-Known Member

Agree to all of the above. We are happy to wait until you are ready, and have your real life stuff fixed.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Forgive my ignorance (I'm a space fan, too; thanks for the link! :D), but what's ULA? ESA = European Space Agency, and I think Japan still does stuff, but I admit to being out of the loop on ULA. ;->

Uwk
  17. Balcerak Well-Known Member

Not trying to leave anyone out :) It is just the only manned launch that is actually scheduled for May.

ULA is launching the X-37B (unmanned space plane that usually stays up for a year or two) scheduled for May 16th, so that would be possible. A Falcon 9 Starlink mission is scheduled for May 7th and a Japanese cargo mission to the ISS is scheduled for May the 20th. All other May launches are 'TBD'.

Another good place to look for things like these is https://spaceflightnow.com/launch-schedule/ You can see there that many other launches were planned for May but have been delayed. ESA, India, Rocketlabs, China, Virgin Orbit all have launches that were scheduled for May but have been changed to 'TBD'.

I watch all of the launches I can. The ones from China and Japan often are hard to find and the Russian ones usually only do live broadcasts of ones that have a NASA connection.
  18. Balcerak Well-Known Member

Oh and ULA is United Launch Alliance, forgot to answer that! It is a combination of Boeing and Lockheed Martin. They do Atlas and Delta flights, but those are supposed to be replaced by Vulcan sometime.

Boeing also does separate business with NASA to make the Space Launch System and the Starliner space capsule, but they've been having a few issues with those.

Blue Origin (Jeff Bezos' space project) has so far done 7 or 8 or so suborbital launches. But they've been working on much larger rockets for the future. They don't say a lot so they don't get as much coverage.
  19. Balcerak Well-Known Member

Oh, and for space nerds there are many channels on YouTube in addition to Tim Dodd the everyday astronaut. Scott Manley has a cool channel with a mix of space games, Kerbal Space 'build your own simulated rocket' Vlogs, along with very serious space and science info. Others include LabPadre which has cameras trained on the SpaceX construction and test site in Boca Chica village, and The Vintage Space channel that covers lots of the older flights and history of space flight.
  20. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I also suggest John Michael Godier for his science channel. He talks about strange things in the universe, galaxies, etc. I thought he was older then I saw his photo.

Also, The History Guy, History that Deserves to be Remembered. Bits and odds of history I mostly never heard of before. And I have hundreds of books on the past.