Its actually really good!

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Tybertanky, Dec 1, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Tybertanky Guest

I made 20 on monday night before logging off, and never got a chance to do anything.
    Also just prior to loggin off, i managed to get grimbinder adept1 giving to me big upgrade from the apps1 i never even tried:).

Well last night i was unable to find a group so i decided to head off to Thunder Stepps (sp).
    I was soloing sand crabs white to me on the beach, i was impressed with the damage output from the pet, wow it was great, i managed to garner 48% exp to 21 in a matter of 2-3 hrs solo.

I am satisfied with my new Powah!..see you guys in game.

Tyberious
  2. ARCHIVED-Nhilist Guest

Good to hear...to be honest I have been very pleased with my adept 1 of the grim in parties...just have to keep his **ZOMG** in line and not go up and start trying to wack away at the mob. He will still fold like a cheap suit in a melee, as it should be I spose.
  3. ARCHIVED-saboteur1133 Guest

Oh my god, a positive necromancer post?!? :smileyvery-happy:

Good to hear you guys are enjoying the class, as am I. I couldn't believe it, but the grim adept1 has an attack that was doing over 100pts of damage! (At least at lvl 24) not bad for a pet considering I can't even nuke for that much rofl
  4. ARCHIVED-Hidohebhi Guest

Yaay an optimistic necro, I thought I was alone.../cheer!
  5. ARCHIVED-Handlebars Guest

Not alone, the complainers just talk over everyone else. Plenty of happy necros, myself included.
  6. ARCHIVED-Shrieken Guest

I made 20 last night and took the Grim out for a spin - he's way cool, mobs dropped extra fast - even though he's no tank.

Another very happy necro.
  7. ARCHIVED-Mita'ku Guest

Posted on it earlier, but on another plus side (got my hands on a grim spellbinder master I scroll) I love this thing :) I use it non-stop and its able to tank white cons no problem :) not sur eabout yellow...but I've been in nek forest killing the motley bears pretty much non stop..with the exception of power regen. So yeah, if you upgrade it even more, he does get to be a decent tank :)

-Mitaku
  8. ARCHIVED-Machesis Guest

I'm finding necro alot of fun myself. I'm at 24 as of yesterday. I can solo a bit and its not hard to find groups.

When solo I try to keep my pet on the mob and dot and heal, eventually the mob comes at me and I tank or run around if it hits to hard until my pet requires agro. At anyrate I can get around.

When in a group I find the necros advantage is quantity, if not quality. You can dot and nuke pretty much nonstop with essence shift since the tank's taunt seem to work really well.

I like the skeleton illusion and other little spells we get. Lotsa fun so far and glad I picked Necromancer.
  9. ARCHIVED-MaxLiao Guest

I can't say that the necromancer class is for everyone. And I was certainly skeptical between levels 20 - 22, wondering if I made a mistake. But now, I love the Necromancer.

If there's an Enchanter around I get a little let down as I can't bring my full power to bear, but if your group has no crowd control and is pulling group spawns, you can six-fold DoT creatures!

Area of Effect DoTs:
    ~ Seism, Blight

Single Target DoTs:
    ~ Swarm of Rats, Grisly Mark, Bludgeoning Earth, Static Pulse

I consider my Pet a DoT, too. So make that 7 Dots!!

Many of the above spells are Debuffs, too. Static Pulse may not do a lot of damage, but it all adds up and it's a debuff ... like every other DoT, when it fades cast it again.

On top of that you can temporarily stop creatures from casting (or simply give the tank a break from damage:
    ~ Petrify

You have Direct Damage Spells (though I rarely use these anymore unless a creature needs to be burned down immediately):
    ~ Dust Blast, Lightning Burst, and Storm of Lightning (AoE)

Nine times out of ten, I can cast everything above (except the Direct Damage spells) without aggroing a creature. If you count your pet as a DoT, that's 7 DoTs, 3 Debuffs, and a stun in nearly every combat. Who can complain about that? :smileyhappy: Now let's add in the ability to drain my pet for power, or give a Splinter of Essence (converts helth to power) to anyone in the group.
  10. ARCHIVED-Tybertanky Guest

I have since made lvl 22, its been totally fun.
    If i am unable to get a group right away i will go solo on the beachs in ts or nek.
    Its been alot better since i learned a strategy, sometimes the tables get turned on me but 99% of the time i find a way out of death, gotta love petrify!. This one spell has saved my life so many times, and the grimbinder pet works like a charm!.

I will be chugging along till i make 25 and make it into EL.

Tyberious
  11. ARCHIVED-Jakanden Guest

Sheesh - I think my max damage for my Grim (Adept 1) is about 75 and I am level 26.
  12. ARCHIVED-Suraklin Guest

I just dinged 20 today on my necro didn't get a lot of time to do anything with my pet. Hope to find an Adept spell soon cause at App2 he's kinda wimpy. I'm glad to hear the pet seems to do well at Adept level. Seen a lot of negative posts about Necro today and they kinda had me thinking about leveling up my Sorcerer or Enchanter until all the issues I've seen were addressed. Now I have hope for the future of leveling up my necro more. I loved the class in EQOA. Hope I love it as I advance further into EQ2 with Necro also.
  13. ARCHIVED-Krile Guest

I thought that Seism was a single target DoT, and Bludgeoning Earth was an AoE?
  14. ARCHIVED-Naughtesnec Guest

I find that my Grim Adept I is best in group situations, I have Adept3 spider and he can tank all day long (I'm 23 atm - but I have been doing it this way since 20). The Grim Pet can infact outdamage, but I prefer to add on the damage and heal the pet less. I also don't have any problem controlling the pet with a CC group member - I have more problems with grp memeber not assisting than my pet. And, if he acts up I just cast a new one and it resets aggro - although if its a sticky situation i will just banish pet and wait the 1 min to recast. Also, Grim is a great pet to cast in groups because it adds to everyone's power pool as well, +25 or so. I don't see that documented anywhere, but I beleive thats what "Grim Presence" does.

Some comments:

I wish Swarm of Rats would fight all mobs in a grp encounter just not the one targeted when cast.

I wish Blight had an icon showing when it faded off you main target.

I wish skellie form did something else, but I luv it (especially being a Ratonga - I get to be TALL!)

All in all, Im very pleased with my choice. I feel with the pet - our soloing options are much more available (at least I think we can solo more mobs in the same amount of time as other classes - but I could be wrong.) With pet healing and endless power siphoning - I can go pretty non-stop - especially if I remember to buy food/drink.

Cheers
    Krafoogoo
    23 Necromancer
    Everfrost Server