Itemization is BAD, but zero communication? Fixes coming or not?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Kahleem, Sep 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Haskar Active Member

I was right tho ...
    Meneltel likes this.
  2. Krov Active Member

As for myths , no worries ... when the TSO expansion is jacked up .... we will work on it next expansion and myths become a buff so there fixed!
    Meneltel likes this.
  3. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

And when that is broken as well? If history proves true then it will be. You keep telling us the next one will be fixed, and then the next one.

RadarX, Kander, whomever else- Quite frankly, I don't believe you. I have no faith in you.
    Meneltel and Tekka like this.
  4. Unloveable New Member

What if ALL THIS TIME by saying "the next expansion" they simply meant Kunark Ascending, the Live expansion? o_O
    Meneltel and Dude like this.
  5. Castegyre Well-Known Member

So they'll have everything fixed by the time TLE gets to Kunark Ascending? Do you think they can actually pull it off by then?
    Meneltel likes this.
  6. Unloveable New Member

Maybe they meant that they have been focusing on Kunark Ascending all this time (the next live expansion), and once they release it, they will finally be able to fix TLE, i.e. in November 2016? /shrug
  7. Dude Well-Known Member

That actually makes some sense.
  8. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

No, that's not what they meant. Even if that is what they meant it would still be unacceptable and I still wouldn't believe them.
  9. Tekka Well-Known Member

I wouldn't buy that even if they hadn't said the exact same thing with each previous release, then dropped the ball. Not to mention that it doesn't bode well if they don't have the staff to work on an expansion, as well as normal fixes.

Then you throw in things like RTT and this BG thing and it gets even worse. You can't commit to fixes on the TLE server, but you can toss out gimmick servers and BG revamps?

You spread too thin, and the entire game suffers.
    Meneltel and Ishuna like this.
  10. Socks New Member

Just as most people on TLE I’m not happy about the answers we got, but at least I appreciate that we actually got an answer!

If you are really not going to address any of the concerns we have with the content on the server right now, at least you could give us something to look forward to before TSO. That is, if you want to keep the TLE players paying.

A properly itemized AND CHALLENGING RE2, Veksar and Shard of Hate might do just that. Give us that, and you’ll have some more time to try and fix TSO before we vote it trough. That’s three zones. And there are many people here who’d love to help you out with itemization etc, you know that.

Remember, RoK and TSO is what most people on TLE have been looking forward to… Making them last only a few months each is not good business.

Aaand just for the record, I still think we deserve to have our concerns addressed as per lists in other threads, but at least the above mentioned changes would keep us going for a little while longer, and show some goodwill.
    Haskar likes this.
  11. Poofe Active Member

Pledge with me "no new purchases until fixes are implemented". Nothing from marketplace, no new sub, no DBC.

I begrudgingly resubbed when DB did their obvious cash grab for discounted subs because I was about out. I should have just used the rest of my Krono. I just didn't think it'd be this bad...

No more.
    Meneltel and Castegyre like this.
  12. Tekka Well-Known Member

The statement was no reitemization on current content, but given that content hasn't been properly itemized when it's released, I don't think it's too far a stretch to - There will be no reitemization/proper itemization..
    Meneltel likes this.
  13. kitleez Member

I cancelled 7 subs (yah yah i know) I do not feel any changes are coming this expac or any in the future. What's the definition of Insanity again, because if you think there is suddenly going to be changes, please look it up. I will still play with friends but won't put anymore money into this to be taken advantage of.
    Feldon, Meneltel, Castegyre and 2 others like this.
  14. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm not re-subbing if this is the best they're going to give us. I usually try to give people the benefit of the doubt, and I've stuck up for this dev team on numerous occasions, but you eventually hit the point where what your getting just isn't good enough anymore. So unless they prove to us that not only do they care enough about us to fix it, but are indeed actually capable of fixing it, I'm not re-subbing, nor am I buying anymore house decorating crap from the marketplace.
    Feldon, Meneltel, Castegyre and 2 others like this.
  15. Monotone Active Member

I killed off all 6 accounts. My main one though is good till next year since I took advantage of the sale on year membership before they decided to go silent on most issues. Nerf raiding to a joke, followed by now adding more lies to try to keep us around. Not spending another dime though in regards to the game. I don't blame the devs on this. I blame poor management for this. Management rather push out another expansion than fix issues plaguing Live, and TLE/RTT. Doing so with less devs on staff than ever in the past. I feel for those working 80+ hour weeks to push an expansion out.
    Feldon, Poofe, Meneltel and 1 other person like this.
  16. Xakrein Well-Known Member

TLE is one of the gimmick servers.
  17. Lasai Well-Known Member

Effective communication runs both ways. I, personally, do not think the effort is helped by threats, personal insults, accusations and attacks on Community Reps, Animators, and others who cannot address the itemization Holy Grail that is the constant Mantra.

How you present an argument or position can devalue the attempt. "Here, we redid Itemization for you, since you are too Stoopid to do it right" Do you think that attitude is working for you?

The silence you all are getting is, in my opinion, the only response a Company can give when ethics forbid they respond to you in kind. What goes around, comes around.

The most vocal can deny it, but gloves-off posting on that other forum shows the bitter contempt and arrogance that permeates their side of the conversation. I can only guess what this has created on the other side.
    HaphazardAllure, Sejreia and Livejazz like this.
  18. Poofe Active Member

^ nope, nope, nope - if DBG has to rely on you to keep things remotely acceptable, then this experiment deserves to die a fiery death. I think that'd actually be preferable for the Devs, but will look bad for the lost subs.

All this may also be an under sell, over deliver tactic as well. People are happy that they were talked to (Senpai, notice me!). Imagine how happy they'll be when one thing is fixed.
  19. Tekka Well-Known Member

Correct, but it is a (mostly) permanent addition to the game, not a short run Event server, which they stated RTT was the first of. And if they weren't prepared to commit to fixes and upkeep, they shouldn't have pushed TLE out either. (no offense TLE guys)

Special servers are not a bad thing, provided you have the staff to keep up with it properly, which they clearly don't. But instead of focusing on what they already have, they pushed out two servers - one of which is limited run, but has special gear - and now a limited appeal revamp of the BGs, which they also won't have the staff to execute or maintain properly if they can't do what they've already got.
    Poofe likes this.
  20. Poofe Active Member

If you actually did your research you'd see an escalation of tone over several expansions of persistent issues. You're late the game. Glad you're white knighting for them though. Maybe you'll get a fun title out of it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.