item progression: shoulders

Discussion in 'Monk' started by ARCHIVED-zaboron, Apr 26, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Gungo Guest

I have spent 5-6 hours camping w a group a named or update w/o anythign to show for it either. I have camped quest series where the rewards are not worth recieving until you get the final reward leading to many many nights of w/o any reward. How is that any different? In a raid you are gauranteed a drop. (in theory each of thos edrops should always be an upgrade for someone) Many raids now include multiple mobs w multiple drops providing multiple rewards for multiple raid memebers. It may take you a few trys to kill a particular mob, but eventually it reaches farm status. I really don't see where raid rewards should always be greater then long quest series rewards. In particular the claymore series or ring of fate series final rewards i think should be equal to most raid rewards. because of the time and difficulty in obtaining them.
    Easiest way to think of risk vs reward. ask your self this question.
    In which case would equipping your guild be done faster?
    Doing the entire claymore series for each memeber of your guild OR raiding every night.
    I am done with every quest (not epic quests) in KoS. So i spend all nights until raid time helping people on thier claymroe quest series. Most of those nights which is about 2-3 hours a night before raids the people i help do not leave with any rewards. IT the expectation of the final rewards why people do this. But when we raid which is alot better now that there is at least 5 raids we cna do at least 3-8 people get a reward. In total raiding is more rewarding then questing. As it should be. But that in no way entails that all quest rewards should be inferior. Especially long quest series w a final reward that requires an epic kill. Which imho should be one of the best items you cna obtain for that tier. There is no reason why a quest series which requires ~30 quests and several epic mobs/zones killed should not be the best obtainable reward for that tiered. Even to the point of being a bit overpowered. In that same regard i think thier should be long quest series that a group of people can do like the claymore that the final 20-30 quests provides rewards equal to many fabled. So someone who did 24 quests killing many named. Which is exaclty where the dragonscale spauldrons are in the claymore series not have an equal reward to fabled is a bit nieve. In fact i have no problem with the claymore series requiring Harghar the deathless epic x2 with a 3 day respawn as a step in the claymore series. But the reward better be [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] well worth that sort of bottleneck. He is an easy mob but for many casual non raiding people he will be tuff. Imho he needs to be spawnable at least once randomly every 1-3 days.
    The point is no group quest rewards should not be better then fabeld raid items but they should be comparable almost even equal to many of them especially the final rewards in a long quest series. Sorta like the ring of fate.
    Message Edited by Gungo on 05-18-2006 11:19 AM
  2. ARCHIVED-zaboron Guest

[IMG]
    enough said.
  3. ARCHIVED-selch Guest

WT Reduce 99%

How more ignorant you can be...

That's a [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn]ing upgrade for any mage or druid out there. And it proves the statement, it will be upgrade to someone in raid while you can use your strongboxes, they are crying to get off weight. Also proves yet another selfishness.

Enough said? :D
    Yeah Ryza, we learned about you enough now :D Are you by any chance power leveled? :D

Message Edited by selch on 05-18-2006 12:06 PM
  4. ARCHIVED-Gungo Guest

Zaboran ....Learn to read.................people are quite aware itemization in KoS is skewed, but majority of raid drops are always upgrades even over long quest series rewards...........you link 1 dumb raid drop and think you somehow proved a point should i link the millions of quest rewards that are pure vendor foder....Your link does not serve to make a point in any sense..............................

Gungo wrote:

Message Edited by Gungo on 05-18-2006 12:23 PM
  5. ARCHIVED-zaboron Guest

find out for yourself. It's not that hard, i promise :)
  6. ARCHIVED-selch Guest

Sadly this still proves you have zero idea about rest of classes claiming this item is junk. I bet you looted it. If I were a mage in this raid and you loot it, I would never raid with you again.
  7. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

Why would a mage loot that when they can get a 32 slot, 99% weight reduction bag from an easy HQ?
    Oh yeah, they wouldn't.
  8. ARCHIVED-selch Guest

They have 5 more slots to fill in.
  9. ARCHIVED-zaboron Guest

I dont think mages need to carry around THAT much heavy stuff :) they are wearing cloth after all.
  10. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

Okay so even if assembling 24 people and killing a dragon for a bag is reasonable, shouldn't that bag be better than one you can get from an easy HQ?
    Its yet another example of itemization that is broken.
  11. ARCHIVED-selch Guest

Is this an excuse?

Why would you need to carry too much stuff, while total your armor weights 2.0 a piece of your 2K carrying?
  12. ARCHIVED-selch Guest

You can do HQ one time, you can do raid everytime. So if your luck is sucky, why would this be source of broken itemisation? And in the end, in raid zones, you get loot only one time?
  13. ARCHIVED-zaboron Guest

justifying a 20 slot bag from a x4 dragon as a reasonable drop is borderline stupid.
  14. ARCHIVED-selch Guest

Yeah, you should be in EQ1 when Negafen & Vox dropping 100% Wt reduction bag.
  15. ARCHIVED-BlueX Guest

Well, since I like to spend hours doing quests rather than raiding, I think we should nerf raider items in favor of those who take time to do quests. Have the quest items be the best items.

Similar argument, no?

X
  16. ARCHIVED-zaboron Guest

sorry, you are on the wrong board. this is the eq2 forum, not eq1. different game.
  17. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

Sure, if quests randomly reward items. Lets say you do the Claymore shoulder quest and it has a 1/25 chance of actually rewarding you the shoulders when you complete it.
    Oh and raiders take time to do quests also you know. I do all the epic/hallmark quests.
  18. ARCHIVED-selch Guest

EQ1 effort > EQ2 effort
    EQ1 risk > EQ2 risk (repair cost)

Why would reward optimisation be different?

Message Edited by selch on 05-18-2006 12:53 PM
  19. ARCHIVED-selch Guest

Why not random rewards if they were "repeatable" as raids are?
  20. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

My guild did the Gates of Ahket Aken raid 2x a week, every week of DoF. We killed Rhoen everytime. We saw *two* Gis of the Dark Disciples in a time when my guild had three brawlers.

Just because a raid can drop an item and your guild repeats that raid, doesn't mean you'll see the item you want - unlike quests.

We've killed Black Queen tons of times and *never* saw the Skullcap of All-Seeing.