item progression: shoulders

Discussion in 'Monk' started by ARCHIVED-zaboron, Apr 26, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-zaboron Guest

[IMG]
    I argued a lot with gaige about this, but i have to admit he was right. The dragonscale shoulders are so much better than all the t7 fabled shoulder pads I've seen in the game yet. It has the highest hp, highest base mitigation, 7 defense, and a good proc, while all the other shoulders have no proc at all. I dont think a quest rewards which is easily soloable for the most parts should be comparable with loot from x4 contested epics. I don't want a big nerf for this item, but maybe adjust it and the other items a bit so it is not the best for everything a tank needs.
  2. ARCHIVED-NerissaRavenHeart Guest

where do the dragonscale shoulder come from again?

Masu
  3. ARCHIVED-zaboron Guest

claymore quest in poa
  4. ARCHIVED-selch Guest

Heh, everything a raider needs to nerf down non-raid equipment... That's how to satisfy yourself like did in crafted rage before. Oh well, but that's you I guess like you can fight rest of armor parts naked but just with that one... Good luck with 350 mitigation... Beside +20 mitigation, and +4 defense, does not bring back +100 powers, tons of resists, other procs, other offense bonuses.
    As many of you say: "It is all about the choice"
    You had fun for x4's, got many other masters, count it towards that...

Message Edited by selch on 04-26-2006 12:23 PM
  5. ARCHIVED-DarkerApprentice Guest

It is just one item. Let it go. Please. Stop calling for nerfs on everything and let people play and have fun. No offense intended but it's just a single piece of gear. All the other raid loot is uber. Let this one go.
  6. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

No. A legendary quest reward item should not be better than every single fabled piece for the same slot in the expansion.
    I mean jeez, those legendary quest reward shoulders have 7 less mit than most T7 fabled leather BREAST PLATES.
    The mit on them needs to be nerfed, period.
  7. ARCHIVED-DarkerApprentice Guest

If you take the fabled gear as an entire package (more resists, more stats ... the claymore piece is only upgrading 2 stats, no power bonus, etc.) the fabled gear are still better. So maybe the mitigation may need a slight adjustment but oh well.
  8. ARCHIVED-selch Guest

So will it save you enough mitigation when rest of your gear is legendary too?
    I call that greed.
  9. ARCHIVED-Gungo Guest

rumour has it. Its already being nerfed. Sad though since i like the green arm graphic =P
    Btw the Eye stalk fabled is alot better.
    Relic is a trash mob drops.
    excarnate i thought was trash drop as well in labs?
    The mantle of wind needs a serious upgrade as a contested drop off hurraicanus
    And the stormcharge mantle i have no cleu where it drops but probably off trash as well being its only lvl 67.
    Barring all that i agree the mitigation is a wee bit to high by about 50.

Message Edited by Gungo on 04-26-2006 02:38 PM
  10. ARCHIVED-DarkerApprentice Guest

I'm not saying it's greed. I am saying why call for a nerf? I mean, the developers ARE going to nerf it. It's just a matter of WHEN. They nerf things all the time without a thread on a forum being posted CALLING for it to be nerfed. Remember the bracers in palace? This will be fixed...I'm just confused why we have to call for things to get nerfed when we know that they will ultimately get nerfed. Let it ride. No offense to anyone posting here just my opinion.
  11. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

Legendary should have appropriate mitigation for its moniker.
  12. ARCHIVED-DarkerApprentice Guest

I agree with you on that gaige; I really do. Just confused why we use monk forums to call for nerfs instead of the systems built in place for doing so.
  13. ARCHIVED-selch Guest

Seems some not, I don't see any rule or general opinion that every item should be around its moniker, obviously it is a "reward" item and I don't see many legendaries close to Fableds, and this one has almost nothing "attractive" beside mitigation...

May be stats use some more love, seems it is lack of quite stats especially powerside to complete its mitigation

There is one good point here: it is not loot that you can camp and get over and over... it is a reward for a quest , in the end it is a reward for a QUEST in EverQUEST.

Message Edited by selch on 04-26-2006 02:56 PM
  14. ARCHIVED-Logannx Guest

It is hard to answer a post like this without being inflammatory. In general these monk boards are great, especially compared to some of the other class boards. The only thing that ever gets oogly here is the point of views not shared by raiders and non raiders over gear. The issue of risk vs reward always comes up, rarely time invested, and even more rare that this is a game and not RL. I am a non raider myself and I think it is great we get a bone thrown at us for puttin the time in to do this great quest series knowing full well I will not be able to finish the end of the line. Also I am content with only receiving one item that is on par with raiders loot. I do not require a full set to make my days better. Being more casual the quest line takes me heck of a lot longer than a powergamer.
    By no means am I slamming raiders and powergamers here. You guys earn the great raid loot you get. And if I wanted a full suit of great armor I should prob join a big raid guild. But that's not where my fun is so it is a nice treat to have a reward like this in there. One item per expansion sounds reasonable to me. The key is that everyone has access to it if they put in the time to get it, and that includes raiders so they can still have the best gear in the game. I guess it really depends on how you compare your gear....do I have the best in the game, or do I have better gear than everyone else? Which point matters most to you?
    I am satisfied being able to function wonderfully without a full set of raid gear, however since I do enjoy questing it is nice to be rewarded for effort(in time spent) and the whole claymore line and even infiltrating line have been a treat. Obviously I hope the the shoulders do not change but I ask for nothing more.

Logann 70 monk..Kithicor
  15. ARCHIVED-Dfoley323 Guest

So let me get this straight.

A reward from about 17 quests that takes minimum, probably 14-20 hrs to get to, shouldnt be compareable to items that can be gotten with a 1 group raid in 1-2 min?

Relic - trash - can drop from farm groups in lab/lycieum, all it takes is 1 rellic patter... has 110 more power, more resists, and more mit
    thats right noobs, relic has more mit. 140/3 + 314 = 360 mit

The quest arms - u get no power, a 1 hr reuse buff with a 5 min duration and 343 mit, thats 17 less mit, over 800 less resists, and its 4 less stats (+64 stats on rellic + 60 on quest arms)

No ofense but ryza and gage you need to be quite and do some math before you cry nerf..... im sorry the death toll raid loot isnt zomg amazing yet, but i get so sick of hearing you 2 cry for nerfs when you have no clue wht your talking about, those arms may come from a quest line that can be soloed up to that point but ur looking at 40-50 hrs of soloing to get there. Where as 1 group of decent geared raiders can get rellic arms.....so yeah pls be quiet and do some math
  16. ARCHIVED-zaboron Guest

well let's talk about the shoulders from hurricanus, a contested, which have less mitigation, hp, str, and avoidance than the dragonscale shoulder pads.
    With wiping a few times during the first triesetc. you will need at least ~4 hrs to kill hurricanus for the first time - if you are a hardcore guild and have no hard competition. With gearing up etc., the estimated time for killing that mob is at 10 hrs. 24 ppl in a raid * 10 hrs = 240 hrs. So killing hurricanus needs a lot more work than that claymore quest, but still the reward is worse. I do not think that is right.
  17. ARCHIVED-Cirth_Beer Guest

hummm
    24 ppl in a raid * 10 hrs = 240 hrs
    What is that math ? it's simply ridiculous ! it's like comparing potatoe and carrots :eek:
    And the problem may be the fact that hurricanus drop crappy thing .... and his loot should be buffed ...
  18. ARCHIVED-selch Guest

Yeah, they created all the small mountains at Norrath, world owes them...
    Sick of Raiders nerf cries... well, in the end, like Koster says: They are just vocal minority.
    Message Edited by selch on 04-27-2006 07:07 AM
  19. ARCHIVED-zaboron Guest

exactly my point.
    Message Edited by zaboron on 04-27-2006 04:41 PM
  20. ARCHIVED-shaolen Guest

In my opinion I think they should downgrade the Relic and Excarnate armor to legendary. When you look at those armor, they drop from none named mobs. Even though they are Epic they are in essence "trash mobs". It takes little effort to acquire them, simply be in the raid and win the roll etc... Even though they are extremely rare now, been on four or five lab raids no relic drops. Was the drop rate nerfed due to raiding guilds abusing the zone or folks calling for a nerf rate on the drops?
    Anyway back on topic, I wish they would leave the Claymore rewards the way they are since it takes some effort and time to get them. For the average monk (like me) the Claymore quest series cannot be soloed after the first few, I wish it could. For those of you that raid full time I think you should get the better gear. But at the same time, those of us who don't or can't raid like that should be able to get some nice gear too once in awhile. This gear should require time and effort to get it, it should not be given out easily.
    What bothers me is the attitude of some of the monks here. Some of you guys tend to trivialize or put down the non-raid gear (and in a round about way non raiders) because you do not need it, or its easy for you to acquire. When you do that you come off as "holier than thou" which is not cool at all. I appreciate the posting of the gear and advice but could really do without the attitude.