It may be the end for me in EQ2

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Jealyn, Dec 28, 2016.

1. RedvsBlue Well-Known Member

I remember it well. Trust me I am with you in that regard. I never participated on RTT because I didn't think it was the right move. They tested the idea, got feedback and results, and now we wait to see if they release another letting us know that it benefits the game.

As far as making current content last longer they are doing exactly that. Yea it's not the glorified way they did in the past but they are trying to do it. The fact that they are struggling still should speak volumes to everyone whether the means are artificial or not. IMO I would say it is impossible with their timeline. This dev team is working their *** off to produce what they are and it is not meeting the mark of the time when they had hundreds of devs and CSR's. The only way we can get back to that point is if they were given more time to release content period. That won't happen because they are now on the ropes to keep enough content out to keep people playing the game. We are at a stalemate essentially. Some people can deal with that fact and some leaving cannot. But this I quit over grey content has got to be the most ridiculous thing I ever heard. The first week of BG's I went in there and lost all of my raid gear due to my toon being lost between servers and I am still here.
    Dude likes this.
  2. learpilot74 Active Member

Dabb, the problem is not with just me. It is actually with you. You cant find 20 people on the server that will honestly say that all the grinding in grey zones is good content and great additions to the game play. People go away, the game dies and you will be out of the game as well. I definitely wouldn't invest in a company you were running with that attitude, you probably would be out of business in a month! I never said I didn't enjoy the game. But lapdogs such as yourself make excuses for companies like Daybreak and take the shut up and like mentality. It is crazy to me that you feel players should not voice the issues they see that they feel need improvement. There are a lot more of us than there are of you that feel the way many on the forums have already posted.
    Ashandra and Mizgamer62 like this.
  3. ZUES Well-Known Member

I have to agree, grinding grey content is horrible. No matter how good the epic 2.0 will be, it's not a reward versus effort.

I love long and difficult questlines, especially epics. But in EQ1 it was sitting at an NPC and turning in copper coins for 8 hours. It was sitting with other players and learning languages as they spammed a macro. I was hard and very time consuming! But never once did I have to backtrack and do old content. This questline is so time consuming that there is a 100% chance my alts will never have their epic 2.0's; thus rendering them useless. As if the deity grind and ascension grind hadn't already hindered the use of alts....

Speaking of alts.... why can't we use their hard earned questing for these updates? Othimir faction for example. Rime! AOM sig line! We've already done all that stuff. Due to nerfs and class balance most of us had to switch raid mains.

There needs to be claimable tokens along the way to put in our shared bank for alts. That's the only thing that will make all this useful.

Epic 2.0 better be amazing is all I have to say. If it's not I'm done. And honestly, I don't see how one item could possibly be THAT good without upsetting class balance and making people incredibly OP. The effects are going to have to be more than amazing, like, super amazing and have an OMG factor of 10.
  4. RedvsBlue Well-Known Member

Honestly what I am hoping for is that they have come class purpose balancing included. That would be the super-amazeballs for me. Rework abilities or AA's that have become useless. If they only come with high resolve/mit reduction and raw stats+Rune abilities I can't see that lasting long considering what just happened to runes and the hammer.
  5. learpilot74 Active Member

They do say the epic 2.0 will be good and BiS for at least a few xpacs
  6. Ashandra Well-Known Member

Time will tell talk is cheap.
    captainbeatty451, Tekka and Meneltel like this.
  7. Alenna Well-Known Member

but does it have crating stats to help crafters if they are wanting the adventures to be crafters then they'd better put crafting stat on the epic 2.0 or take away the level 100 crafter requirement
    Ykysh and Meneltel like this.
  8. Ratza Well-Known Member

Add me to the list of people who switched mains about 2 years ago ....so all this old content I did in the past on my former main is now useless and I'm forced to grind old content/quests to get a new 2.0.....I was excited about this xpac's potential but that excitement has dwindled to a groan and forcing myself to log in to do undesirable outdated stuff or broken stuff or nerfed PQ's and virtually sub-zero shadow quartz/incardine key drops and find my class has been nerfed again including nerfed ethereals I spent all summer working on and so on and so on. It seems anything that was fun or a joy to do has been smacked down while anything tedious, annoying, frustrating has become the norm!....this is a game - it should be fun....the balance between fun and tedious has tilted to the far tedium side and not in a good way!!! I've defended our devs time after time but am finding it harder and harder to defend or understand the direction they are taking in this game with this xpac. I'm pre-paid until May 2018 so if I decide to simply quit logging in they already got my money so I guess none of it matters at this point anymore. :(
    Mizgamer62, Tekka and Whiomaju like this.
  9. Ashandra Well-Known Member

I don't think I've seen so much negative feed back as what's been happening in all these threads and my account goes back to the start , I have been logging in for raids only now no grping ect there seems to be zero feed back from dbg staff just the occasional thread shut down , my sub won't be renewed this time round unless I can see a major change in direction .
  10. Meneltel Well-Known Member

I think that the higher ups think they are on the right path. They may want to get off this path while there is still time...
  11. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

Eh, I've seen feedback this negative before, usually right around the time the games population takes a spike downward. Some will come back after they've had time and distance, most won't. I remember when they added complex scripting mechanics to instances with TSO there was a huge spike in angry feedback.

You mean before the path ends at the edge of a cliff?
    captainbeatty451 likes this.
  12. learpilot74 Active Member

What is a fail is that troll attempt lol. Like the other guy, I had another account I do not play anymore. That really is irrelevant. Even for the player who has never gone through that old content, it is still rehashed. It has no challenge to it. It isn't even like the worst part of it is the questing. It is the ridiculous amount of repetitive faction grinds that are ridiculous. Grinding for faction is not fun, it provides no reward in the old zones, and simply put....lazy development for the purpose of a time sink so they can make less content.
  13. learpilot74 Active Member

Dont get me wrong, im still having fun. But I do see a very disturbing trend of grinds being way overused due to lack of a developmental team. We pay good money to see NEW content.
  14. LisciaSF Member

I agree the factiongrinds were a bit annoying. If you put on some of your favorite music or a broadcast of a twitch stream in the background, it makes it more bearable.

The fact I have to say "bearable" is a bit of a frightening thing though, since EverQuest 1 epic quests (EQ2's 1.0s as well) were genuinely engaging and interesting to progress through. I had to repeat "Kill 12 mobs of a certain type" over 60 times to BUY AN ITEM from a faction merchant. When I resorted to hiring a Conjurer for 50kpp to sit at Kerra Island for four and a half hours to cut down on flight time to and fro the island for 30 quest cycles (it's actually 3 quests in one for Never Ending Mending of a Broken Land), the creativity just isn't there. I just wanted the thing done. It felt good finally finishing the quest because of the massive upgrade in that slot, and that much more closer to being an asset in T3 raid kills. It was a bittersweet sort of feeling, though.

I'm sure hoping it'll change for the better in the following quests.

I'm playing the game for my guildmates, friends, and I suppose, the community of my server which I've gotten to know decently well. Just another thought to add to this thread, which probably has been said before but may as well be said again.
    captainbeatty451 and Meneltel like this.
  15. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Lemmings think they are on the right path as well--up until they jump off the cliff and realize there's no going back.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  16. Season Active Member

You missed my point. It is not goign to change. Not with DBG nor with a game this old. You have resources right now and that's where the game is. Either work with it or don't.
  17. Earar Well-Known Member

then why do they send us mail to tell us to come back and try the new stuff if catching up is too hard and if there's too much they ask ?
    their politic .. same as their game .. lackluster.

I totally understand some. Came back after 2009 .. lots has change but I enjoyed leveling up my characters, doing epic repercussions and so on .. and then you are lvl 100 ... ToT, scourge waste, KA ... there's so little to do .. especially KA ... you need such high resolve and gear that u can't even finish the basic quests. .. you go from outdoor to solo instances ... and then advanced solo when you have not enough quests to gear up for the adv solo dongeons. It's stupid.

and you're too low to group up also. so yeah it doesn't feel worth it.

how do they want to bring back people by doing that ?

it's just like FB games.
    it's saaad
    Toxify likes this.
  18. Ashandra Well-Known Member

Maybe another company will take over in the future for at least the name alone of eq would sell any product. Sony cut and ran why not these guys?
  19. Meneltel Well-Known Member

I fear that by the time they sell it (IF they can find a buyer, as rumors stated that Columbus Nova was the only ones interested in buy at close to SoE's price range) that the name, while known, will not draw ex-players back without a lot of rewards and worthwhile enticements.
  20. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

I always used to say that if I ever won it big in the lottery that I'd buy the EQ franchise and then actually hire enough people to actually maintain it. We all have our pipe dreams.
    Meneltel likes this.