It may be the end for me in EQ2

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Jealyn, Dec 28, 2016.

1. Tekka Well-Known Member

Only if the 'pack' is two guys on a pogo stick.

Unless you're being sarcastic, in which case, carry on.
    Aquaskaientos and Mizgamer62 like this.
  2. Dabb Active Member

Why even come on the forum and complain, make yall feel better?
  3. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Why come on to the forum and complain about complainers, does it make you feel better?

*snickers as I slip back into the shadows*
    Mizgamer62 and Conifur like this.
  4. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

No, them fixing the crap we complain about would make us feel better.
    Mizgamer62 and Conifur like this.
  5. TrulyVexed Active Member

Missus cancelled her sub today. She said the quest line was bad enough with the repeatables required and having to run Greenmist just to continue the quest line but when she saw the sheer amount of grinding of GREY quests that would be require for epic 2.0, she just closed the game and walked away. The whole point of a game is to have fun this seems to have been forgotten.

Since my last post earlier in this thread I know of another 3 people that have quit. This, combined with when I realised I'd have to do the Order of Rime quests again (did on my original main and swore never again) I'm far more tempted to just log out and fire up Witcher 3. Hell, going into the office might be more fun. Never thought I'd say that! More than anything else, I'm just disappointed and saddened as I've historically loved this game and I keep trying to find reasons to play but the game keeps finding reasons for me not to.
  6. Castles Active Member

a vote of no confidence goes to this new company. shutting down the money grab Landmark (letting it fester so long), hosting LoR (what, Vanguard 2?), and constant service interruptions and major issues with the EQ/2 titles makes it a wait and see company. the kids are still liking H1Z1 on and off, i have 3 accounts with 1 year subs coming to a close in a few months. i agree, it's time to walk away from these games.

wow i posted this on DBGs forums!
    Tharrakor, Mizgamer62 and Meneltel like this.
  7. Jarve New Member

George Shaw ones wrote “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man”

I find myself sitting in a hotel room because my plane was delayed due to the unfortunate events in Ft Lauderdale yesterday. I thought I would look through the forms and give my “unreasonable man” thoughts.

First, a little background for context: I played this game 12+ years now, with a few breaks here and there when real life required it. I returned in August after a break while I was studying and working in Ukraine. Present day I am back in the U.S and I travel most weeks for work. Don’t drink much anymore so when I am in a hotel room at night I returned to the game to relax after a long day. It was hard to return and make a toon viable with all the barriers, deity, runes, many post on this subject.

I knew it would take time. I managed to get a couple alts that had an adequate amount of deity, gear, adornments to suck but raid because one was a needed class: a dirge. Started raiding three to four days a week again and have time to mess around on alt charters that I enjoy playing when not raiding. I don’t think I am alone in this: my “main” is not my favorite toon it is just a need toon for raids that also feeds gear to alts. Having the holidays off helped, started the epic 2.0 on my dirge and warlock. My Illy and monk could start it also with a little grind to use all their ascension scrolls that are saved up.

Through the years there has been game dynamics that I hated. Take for example how pvp affected pve, or emerald halls before persistent instances. There are encounters that made me want to break my keyboard. Guk at level comes to mind. MY point is: we found workarounds, took the good and the bad, and carried on. Still did the epic 1.0 on 11 alts the original way.

Ill concede that I have changed, but eq2 likewise has changed. Am I wrong in thinking that playing viable alts has become an overwhelming task? Won’t this affect grouping? I used to group on alts more than my main, this is not really an option anymore. Besides eq2s obsession with speak of a dragon being a preq for multiple quests through the years, I don’t remember this many old quest lines and pure time sink in old zones. As stated above, I play this GAME to relax, not to have developers decide I need this that, do old xpacts ect. It has been said in many... many threads. Is ANYONE LISTENING? During my last break I looked forward to returning to a game I enjoyed over the years. I am perplexed how the developers even though what KA and the direction of the game was a good play style or business decision. Maybe I am in the minority in my thinking.

I disagree with the quote that I started with in this situation: “the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself”. I decided to not “persist”. I found it harder and harder to log in alts to get scrolls. I dreaded logging in to do old signature lines and faction to progress. In a moment of clarity I realized something. My intent of playing this game was to relax and have fun. The dynamics of KA were no longer fun for me. I think the developers forgot that this is a GAME at the end of the day. I have left my raid guild. I canceled my membership even though I still have time on membership I haven’t logged back in. There is a sadness that goes along with leaving; However, there was a sadness in what happened to a game I loved.
  8. learpilot74 Active Member

Season it doesn't matter if you did. You have to look at the big picture. An inquisitor may be able to get away with raiding without ethereals, etc but DPS and tanks basically can't. They have made these items near impossible to obtain as well. I have killed hundreds of the required names for the dropped with ZERO success. I am far from being alone in this. You say buy one when they are for sale. On our server they go for 2million plat each. Many of us do not have that type of plat, and I am not sinking more RL money on top of sub for kronos. I shouldn't have to. I feel Daybreak purposely set this up this way. The game is broken in it's current state. Hence why you are seeing more and more people walking away stating their reason for quitting is exactly as I mentioned. Plus, we pay good money to play the new xpac and I expect new content that is challenging, not sending me back to rehashed grey areas that require zero challenge. That is lazy development. You can keep trying to rationalize how Daybreak is right and their consumer base is misguided or wrong, but the people quitting is the proof in the pudding. We are not talking about people who joined last year. We are talking long time vets that like the game but felt they finally broke it far enough they will walk away. I do not want rewards fast or easy, but the game needs a solid progression system, and that....it simply does not have. Either you are a select few classes that don't need ethereals, you played for a small time frame last summer and were just shy of given ethereal rewards (it was NOT challenging), or you are out of luck as dps or tank. Giving away very powerful awards with no challenge, then removing the ability to reasonably obtain them so you can progress to end game is not a very good business plan if you want your game to succeed. Daybreak better change course or this game is shortening it's lifespan at a faster rate than needs to be.
  9. learpilot74 Active Member

That is the exact attitude of the 1% on this game that is killing it. Allowing Daybreak to get away with awful content. They love their lapdogs! The object is not to tell people to go play something else, that makes zero sense. People leave to play other games it diminishes this game out of existence. If you come back in a month with ethereals, etc and rdy for the raid...I am calling BS that you didn't buy kronos, had a lot of help from a guild carrying you to get gear, or spend RL money to obtain plat to spend 2million on each rune.
    Meneltel, Mizgamer62 and Tharrakor like this.
  10. learpilot74 Active Member

Love your rational that a subscriber should have to go spend RL money on top of their sub. I love players that support cash grabs by companies!
  11. Dabb Active Member

IF U DONT LIKE IT GO PLAY SOMETHING ELSE
  12. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Or try to save the game, so we can keep playing the game we loved and can love again. And, please, don't shout.
    Bekkr and Mizgamer62 like this.
  13. Dabb Active Member

theres nothing wrong with this game we can't DEAL with, its completely playable and still fun after 13 years, the cry babies are the ones who will ruin it, just play the game
  14. harvash Active Member

I wish I had all these issues of living on the bleeding edge of current xpac content.

Whelp, guess i'll just have to log in and keep playing and having fun, I am sure I am missing out on all the rage fueled issues but what else can I do...
  15. Pauly Well-Known Member

requiring grey content and old faction must be racist somehow. Grey content matters!! IF you don't want to play.. go the hell away.. YOU are what is wrong with this game.
  16. RedvsBlue Well-Known Member

The part that makes me scratch my head is if all of these people did the epic 1.0 to start the new one they would quickly remember that they did grey content for that epic as well.......What are we fighting about again?
    Mermut and Raff like this.
  17. Breta Well-Known Member

I recommend checking the epic 1.0 quest thoroughly again. The prequisities were greay old quest, however, the majority of the faction and other grind involved current content.
    Alenna and Mizgamer62 like this.
  18. RedvsBlue Well-Known Member

No need to go back I ran my second troub yesterday. Started me off going to TS, FP, and Qville, poets palace, EL, Rivervale, PoA, Tower of the Draftling (all grey). Yea 2.0 might require more but why shouldn't it? You remember when expansions used to take a better part of the year to complete? You remember when harvesting rares for your epic took entire days of game play? The game is so fast paced now because of the new crowd. They can't make it last that long anymore. I honestly say what is the big deal. If that faction grind was current content would people still complain? I think they would. It seems rather ridiculous to me to pick the easiest part of the quest to go nuts over.
    Thilka likes this.
  19. Breta Well-Known Member

Do you remember when you actually had to do the current content, or even play on your own server (hello event server), in order to get the best rewards? Good times

It's not that it would be impossible to make a new content that last longer, it's just cheaper to make us redo the old content. And that's a super lame approach.
    learpilot74, Meneltel and Mizgamer62 like this.
  20. Raff Well-Known Member

Doing old content doesn't bother me. But gating that content behind Ascension levels is kind of irritating. I don't have much play time any more. What with job, family, life etc...

So when I come in game, I can either grind for Asc levels or work on Epic 2.0.....except I can't. So mostly I work on the required factions for that time when I might get some time to get an ascension level. It would be nice for epic 2.0 stuff to count a little bit towards asc levels.