It may be the end for me in EQ2

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Jealyn, Dec 28, 2016.

1. Conifur Well-Known Member

Ding ding ding. You win the game. That is what they want. That is the business plan behind this expansion and most likely all others.
    Mizgamer62 and Meneltel like this.
  2. Dabb Active Member

I'll bet u in 1 month or less I can max a lvl 1 toon to 100 adv and 100 TS, have all quests and sig lines done and be raiding with comparable DPS while playing normal and not super grinding. They gave us ALL the tools to be able to achieve that. What do you want, someone to hold your hand? Get busy and get to playing, this is EverQUEST not CoD or a game u can jump right in. Its a MMORPG where you work towards goals and rewards. Simple answer is if you don't like that then you can play Free as a casual very easily. If you wanna be able to play with your friends, get busy :) much love
    Thilka, Dude and Jachin like this.
  3. Dabb Active Member

and just for the record, I HATE tradeskilling, but I did it, because thats part of it. :)
  4. Ashandra Well-Known Member

^^^ This.
  5. Dabb Active Member

All I can say is if you don't like it go play something else, if all you have is complaints ffs. The game is 13 years OLD, less of a staff, be thankful the game is still here! Christ you guys have no compassion for those guys that im sure worked 100's of overtime with a minimal staff to bring KA to us...so sick of cry babies. What would you do if they shut it off right now, what then? BE THANKFUL
    Febrith, Spindle and Dude like this.
  6. Chimay Active Member

Just give those of us who 1) don't have the time to go back or don't enjoy doing grey content and 2) don't enjoy the grind of mashing buttons for 100 levels of useless tradeskills: to pay for these items on the Marketplace. Results would be:

1) More population for EQ2
    2) More money for DBGs
    3) happier customers except for elitists who will whine bc they feel they have actually accomplished something by having the time to grind old content or 100 levels of crafting nothing for the most part.

People are so selfish, just give people options and keep people happy. You can do things in the game for free or you pay.
  7. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

Normally id agree with this but this is just dull. Your character sig says u made ur character back in 2010 with 1k quests done. You probably had done most of the tedious stuff back when it wasnt tedious because it was current content. Ill bite tho, make a new scout and dont transfer stuff to him (runes and whatnot) then come back in 30 days and show me a parse and the signature of your new scout doing atleast 300 mil dps on a 2min+ singletarget fight. Id honestly be impressed
  8. Ashandra Well-Known Member

This game has been profitable for all these years the buck stops with the boss it's not a charity .
    Mizgamer62, learpilot74 and Tharrakor like this.
  9. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

Here on the other hand you have it all backwards. Customers should be thankful that they are allowed to purchase what DBG makes? This is not a charity mate, its a business and THEY need US, not the other way around. WE are what matters because WE pay them, and if Customers start dropping fast because they aren't satisfied with the product you'll soon not have eq2 to play anymore. So Its YOU and DBG that should be thankful that some people care enough to come here and critize instead of just uninstalling.
  10. Alenna Well-Known Member

the point is is you should not have had to do the tradeskilling and used the commission system they put on place have a uest for the recipe like they did for the wizard 1.0 epic I've done many a wizards epic combine through the commission system you should not have been forced to become a tradeskiller since you hate tradeskilling it goes against what made this game so special where you could be just an adventurer or a crafter or both* if you so choose they did not gate the content you like behind content you did not like until now.

*I happen to be one of those that does both so I'm not one of those being gated. I know people how hate crafting and I think this major change in the gameplay philosophy is wrong.
  11. Chimay Active Member

If they shut the game down it would be no loss at all to customers. We would go play something else and they would be out of jobs. Not a great trade off.

They need to make decisions to keep the population happy and addressing complaints / feed back is part of the process. If they cant handle the workload and put out a product that people like then so be it, I don't feel sorry for them or thankful to them.

You are right, if we don't like it we can go play something else and more of them will lose jobs or money in their pockets. Or they can listen and provide options to maintain a healthy customer base. There is a reason their team is small, a lot of customers quit and moved on.
  12. Tsurupettan Active Member

Would you accept my assassin that I made on December 2nd? :p

Also I sat in dabb with discord and we worked on this stuff together, neither of us had all the 'tedious stuff' done.
  13. MikeySaysGo Member

The game needs to go back to it's roots. Classic D&D style gameplay and advancement. Not this same max level for the last 3-4 expansions making you do dumb **** like crafting or epic weapon quest line from like a decade ago or this new tithe and stuff. Just start over with the same engine and stuff at level one. I want to look forward to going from a 1d6 weapon to a 2d6 weapon. Just remember Dungeons and Dragons rules.
    Cragfire and Tharrakor like this.
  14. Regolas Well-Known Member

So you're saying in under 31 days you can do the following:

Level 1-100 adventure
    Level 1-100 tradeskill
    City Timeline bore
    All solo quests currently known and required for epic 2.0 on your archtype
    Epic 1.0
    Be at acceptable dps to current raiders
    Tradeskill epic and then KA TS timeline for good measure.

What's your definition of playing normal? I'll take that bet on you playing less than 5 hours per day...so that's what, 150 hrs over a month?... Most normal people with jobs and other real people that require attention (family) won't be able to come close to that playtime.

You do all of that in under 6.5 days played on the character and you win the bet. We can agree on what you win beforehand if you like. :)
    SynnikuL, Mermut, Mizgamer62 and 2 others like this.
  15. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

Fair enough. Where's the numbers?
  16. Blaylocke New Member

How many of these "dead zones" and grey quests are ones that you skipped because you were either power-leveled, exploited dungeons for experience points, or used Agnostics to bypass?

As for "rehashing old content being lazy developing" would your suggestion then be for the Developers to delete all unused old zones to be more efficient is usage of server bandwidth? What would be the point of keeping old zones if the game is all about the top level characters getting new zones to raid and new gear with which to bank-sit?

Apart from having to grind out a tedious number of factions points (something a crafter has always had to do on every character for any quest requiring faction. No faction coin in Thurgadin for crafters...) have you stopped to consider before ranting and whining that there are many players out there who actually have all of the prerequisite quests completed because they did them when the quests came out or progressed characters through all of the signature lines for each expansion as it came out?

I don't recall seeing any zone in the game stating that having an Epic 2.0 will be a requirement to enter the zone. I have not been forcibly transported to any of the "boring" zones with grey quests after logging in. I find that I am still free to play the game the way I want to play it within the boundaries I set for myself by what I choose to do or not do.

I am far from an elitist player. I have no raid gear, no ethereal runes. I feel no need to compete with anybody to have better gear than they do.

There are no better games out there. Nothing on the MMORPG horizon appears to offer even a glimmer of what one can find in EQ2. All of the new games are all about pay to win models and are played on phones. I would suggest you quit looking at the destination and stop asking for a short and easy journey. Instead, make the most of what is being asked of you. Chrono down to at least get some Ascension XP out of the older content. Find other players who will either Chrono down with you or have alts appropriate for the level of the quests you need to complete.

There is nothing wrong with what the Devs have done in this expansion as it is making the players who want the brass ring to actually get on the carousel and ride it around.
    Mermut and Dude like this.
  17. Feaky Member

Just because people didn't do all of the content since the original release and the 15+ expansions and game updates, doesn't mean they powered leveled their toons or used exploits to level. There are all sorts of play styles and 1000's of quests, factions, missions, heroics, raids, etc available. It's impossible except for the long term very committed players to have done all of the previous content, which means it is likely that most of the player base has major gaps on some of the content. EQ2 has always provided options for play styles and players tend to focus on what interests them. Now figure in alts. Many players have switched their alts for mains over the years and I would guess didn't repeat all of the previous solo and faction content. Most alts that I know used contested grinds and missions to level. I started around TSO and did most of the ROK content including Tradeskill epic and my mythical quest, but do not have most of the Epic 2.0 pre-reqs finished. I would assume others are in similar situations.

The frustration for many people is the anticipation of doing the Epic 2.0 and the seeing gating requirements. Not many people want to buy a new expansion then be told they have to spend weeks, if not months, playing expansions originally published 6+ years ago to start an integral part of current and future expansions. In RoK, there were heroic and the mythical versions and almost everyone could at least acquire the heroic version. There were some pre-reqs, but very tolerable and mostly within RoK (a few classes might argue that tho). With the new Epic 2.0 requirements, I am not hearing complaints about difficulty as much as returning to old zones to do significant amount of grayed out content especially if it was already done on a previously retired main. It could be months for the casual player to even think about starting the new epics and that is if they are willing to put KA on hold and do the old content. If I wanted to progress through old content, I would be on Stormhold, and not have purchased KA. At least it is challenging there.

My understanding is that the Epic reward will be best in class for 1-2 next xpacs, which tells me that it will undoubtedly be a gating requirement should you want to continue to do heroics zones past this expansion (at least to make the heroics enjoyable to do). Time will tell if that will be true, but my learning based on this past summer's ethereals indicates to me that it will.

And to the person to whom I am replying, please do not confuse people asking for a "brass ring" with not wanting to do content they do not feel is a fun gaming experience. I also do not think it is fair to trivialize their concerns to "chrono down". Have you actually seen all of the Epic 2.0 pre-reqs? It is a heck of a lot of really old content. If you skipped the majority of it, it would almost be more beneficial, or at least enjoyable, to start a new toon. I actually applaud the helpful concerns being addressed here and hopefully DBG takes some of it into consideration to make our game better. Myself included, I think most want the Epic 2.0 to be challenging with complex storylines, but above all fun! After reading the pre-req requirements and several of these posts, it just doesn't sound fun. Quite frankly, it sounds like the devs put the excessive gating requirements based on old content to give them more time to work on the extended Epic 2.0 storylines. If that is the case, I would just as rather have them delay it.

For me it just comes down to decisions. To decide whether or not I want to invest my playing time on Epic 2.0 pre-reqs, which I believe will be a boring waste of time, or skipping them. Then after getting better information on how important they will be to the future of the game, I will need to decide on whether I will want to continue playing the game anymore. I agree it is the best MMORPG and I doubt I will play another one after this, but I have other hobbies outside of gaming.
  18. Rougez Active Member

With tomorrow's patch notes, it's been a fun 12 years. Time for me to move on.
    Conifur, VGScastaway and Meneltel like this.
  19. Dabb Active Member

wth does that matter, im talking about making a new toon and doing all the quest and you are on some other crap lol
  20. Dabb Active Member

Ok watch me, ill check back in here in 4 weeks and share his profile...