It may be the end for me in EQ2

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Jealyn, Dec 28, 2016.

1. Jealyn New Member

I am thinking of leaving the game for me it is a sad day I wan to play and enjoy the game. Why do I need to leave, it is not personal but this game is starting to suck!!. I just cannot see why I should log in anymore my fury is 100 level. I cannot group with guildmates or do any grouping due to armor and stat requirements. For example the new ex-pack requires 183 resolve to do adv-solo I still cannot do them. And I am 201 resolve my potency is 7,800.

When log into the new zone there is nothing for me to do I have competed all 30 quest and my only joy is either take up crafting, (Which no one should be forced to do ) but this expansion sort of makes you craft. I am a returning player who for past month has spent more time going back to Fens,Kunzar and all over the old world completing quest only to find out in Dalinrs workshop I have to go back and do green mist questline. I also had to do my epic. When I left game long ago max level was 30th level. Now I have to learn about mercenaries I have to learn about adornments and probably several other things.

Well to not go to long basically I get on char and log into game say hello in guild chat and maybe get lucky enough to get a pq in and well that is it. I cannot do heroic dungeon or most adv-solos I could however go back and relive all the old zones for sheer joy of doing them. So why on earth did I use a 100 level buffer only to live in the past ? I know many will say they have no problems doing the new adv-solos or heroics and it must be me. I will agree it is me because I came from a time long past. But it is also them because they do not know what it is like being a returning player or new. They are in raid gear or better and yea they can one shot everything and run thru it as if it were nothing. I can't and well probably wont be doing it anytime soon.
    CoLD MeTaL, Toxify and wind like this.
  2. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

Max level was 30th level? Might want to re-read what you posted.

Right now the game sucks for anyone who is trying to play catch up. I'm not saying you can't do it if you put the work in, I'm just saying it's probably not worth the work at this point.

And I think that's a core issue with the game as it is right now. If you are a player returning to try the new expac, if you are a player coming back to a live server from TLE, or if you're a new(ish) player that's trying out the game out of boredom or because a friend dragged you into it, catching up starts to seem rather hopeless after awhile, or require so much work that it's simply not worth it anymore.
    Juraiya, CoLD MeTaL, Toxify and 7 others like this.
  3. santargria Well-Known Member

It's not just you, it's me also.

I can do one or 2 of the Adv Solo but I have a good merc and I made some gear. My resolve is 150 max solo. I can do the solo fine,

Heroic? LMAO Forget it! I last 2 seconds and done LOL

Catch up? another LMAO - not going to happen for me.

I have 5 accts (2 subscribed) 9 crafters that I brought through the KA crafting line and 14 100 Adventures - I brought 1 (beast lord)through the adv line so far and slowly bringing 2 more (SK and Inquis).

I've been told endlessly without raid I will suck forever... and it's true. Compared to the players that can solo the Heroics yah I suck big time.

I have no guild except my personal guild for all my toons (last count I think I had 43 toons).

I will never be able to raid because few will have a player who isn't raid geared in a raid. Catch 22 isn't it LOL

It is what it is, I come and go all the time.

But, I do come and go - not because I suck, but because I find this to be the most interesting game currently available.

The moral? I feel your pain and issue and you are not alone.
    ConcealFate, Toxify, GrunEQ and 3 others like this.
  4. Greene Active Member

I tried coming back to live (I live on TLE), did the access quest, ended up in a depressing cave, was told to kill 8 mobs. I could not kill any, after 1 minute they were down 5% health. As in 95% left. Granted I had basic lvl 100 gear but to not even be able to *start* the new expansion? Who knows, maybe I'm doing something wrong, didn't care enough to find out. Back to TLE lol
  5. Meneltel Well-Known Member

I'm fortunate. I am in a guild that is casual, relaxed and more about the fun. So yes, our heroic runs will take 2 hours or more to do, but there is no ACT/dps posting, no comments about someone needs to get better or anything like that. Just friends having fun and looting yet more leather gear when none of us are cows! :D I really should quest in KA but I'm burned out on questing, so I do a quest or two when I can stomach it. Got my Greenmist (the 100 one) and working on the KA quests (did the Frillik tide the other night) so still got a ways to go, but I'm in no hurry, and no pressure from my guild either. That makes this game SOOOOO much more fun. As a single person game, this isn't very good. As a MMO, it is MUCH better.

We have at least one guildy who put his main in our guild but keeps his alts (and more than one account) in his guild and they all work with us on our raids. So, Santagria, you might find a guild that will accept that sort of arrangement. We will, so if you are on AB, look us up!
  6. Feldon Well-Known Member

7. Meneltel Well-Known Member

:D
    Mizgamer62 and Faeonara like this.
  8. ShaggyBodom Well-Known Member

I been with the EQ franchise since 1999, so every time I quit, I always come back. And it sucks that I do. Lately I actually have a reason to be playing, but if I didn't have that reason (a friend + new guild), I probably wouldn't be playing.

Before I got KA, I was doing what I don't really enjoy and that is grinding out Advanced Solo's for gear so I can do ok with KA. I get all equiped and set, able to buy it, and come to find out if I want to quest and not take 10 minutes to kill a mob, I have to purchase crafted gear (was even a suggestion from a developer!). So previous expansion is made useless right off the bat if your a solo player, and to me that is a horrible decision.

I don't play for gear, or items, any of the virtual stuff. I play for fun. But fun can be very hard to achieve with this expansion. I will say I have enjoyed the advanced solos a bit more now that I can do them fairly well, but is only so much I can deal with.

Not sure I enjoy the direction the game is going in, but as long as I have friends and the guild, I will enjoy it. But if they quit, I would be gone as well.
  9. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

Except that's not "caught up." That's "Congrats on making it to the bottom." It's the climb from the bottom that's quickly become the issue and a big part of that is back questing and grinding tithe.
  10. NrthnStar5 Well-Known Member

Isn't this an inherent problem to not raising the level cap? I mean, if levels separated all these tiers of gear, they wouldn't be wasted upon hitting level 100. They would have a shorter lifespan sure, but the way the game is going, there is a lot of content at level 100...(3 expacs now? several game updates, etc.) yet the only real meaningful content in terms of gear is from current expansion. Everything else is just fluff at this point. Yet, the other side of that coin if they had increased levels would be we'd be at like, level 115 or higher, which is it's own mountain in the way. Needless to say, it's a conundrum in the MMO world.

Acension classes were a way to bring back leveling... just separating from our standard character level. Is it likely we'll see Ascension level increases with future expacs? If so, how far can they take that before the whole system becomes a total conbobulation?

None of the content since AOM has any meaning in terms of progression now. Hit 100, go right to Kunark. Bypass AOM, TOT, Zek, Nizara, etc. At least with levels in between, old content still serves that purpose of fulfilling a level bracket.
    Livejazz and Juraiya like this.
  11. Chimay Active Member

Well I am just cancelled my membership but for other reasons, I am not crafting up 100 levels to get my epic 2.0. That is silly and a complete waste of time.
    Snikkety, CoLD MeTaL, Montag and 2 others like this.
  12. Mermut Well-Known Member

Which class requires tradeskill lvl 100 to get their epic?
  13. Dude Well-Known Member

All of them.
    Snikkety and CoLD MeTaL like this.
  14. Mermut Well-Known Member

I haven't seen anything that requires crafting for epics so far. Where have you seen it?
  15. Tsurupettan Active Member

Scouts freaking out about having to be 100 crafter and then Kander stating that every line needs 100 crafter.
  16. Cragfire Well-Known Member

I'm getting there myself and I just returned to this game not long ago (originally played from '04 thru'11). I'm just not the hardcore raider I use to be with game times being more limited these days. I don't mind working for things and putting my "time in", but the current state of the game is not friendly to new or returning (from several years) player. Just my opinion and two coppers.
    Meneltel likes this.
  17. Dude Well-Known Member

Kander on that other discussion thing that isn't the official forums, but is where all the official news is put out.
    Meneltel likes this.
  18. Mermut Well-Known Member

Are you sure he's not just yanking our chains?
  19. Malleria Well-Known Member

Had to have 100 crafting for a combine in the first part of the Fighter epic, so pretty sure it's real.
  20. Mermut Well-Known Member

Was it no comision?