It 2AM, do you know where your servers are?

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Jumbled, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Jumbled Member

For the past half hour, I can't log in. It started at around 2AM when I was online and running some daily stuff. Then, I start having trouble zoning. I managed to finish with that toon and tried re-logging to the next alt, and bam, I can't log in anymore. It hangs at the login screen and ultimately tells me the server is missing. This is with the AB server.

The web page shows everything is "up" but at minimum population. There is supposed to be a patch at 7AM, but this is 2AM, so unless someone is reading their wristwatch upside down, the servers should not be down unless we had a crash or a DDoS attack.

What happened?
    Gojiria likes this.
  2. Deezy New Member

Yeah, I just got up early to play some before servers go down this afternoon and am stuck at "Entering game as..."

Sigh
  3. Gojiria Member

Yup.

Woke up with the same intent... Guess they started early?
  4. Cherna Amiti New Member

I can log on all characters except for the one who is in the Guildhall.
  5. Gojiria Member

Heh I logged THAT one in. I went to move out of the GH and that's when she got screwed like everyone else.
  6. Shinigami New Member

Same here.. And it's my main :mad:
  7. Miralith New Member

It's several servers. Anything that was in a house is a definite no go. I was able to log in some in a guild hall and those that were in zones I could move around a bit. Ironically Plane of Magic seems to have no issues at all. I can move characters around freely in there.
  8. flameweaver Well-Known Member

Something to do with expired SSL certificates apparently.
  9. Hateborne Member

This appears to be related to anything instanced, as static zone servers (translated: outdoor, city, etc) are fine. Once a player enters an instanced area, they appear to be lost in the void until the maintenance concludes.

-Hate

EDIT: After a 4 minute wait on gigabit symmetrical intertubez...I was able to finally regain my character and be booted to the outdoor zone again. Characters camped inside an instance may be SOL until maintenance.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

What sort of a notice/error thing did you get? Something along the lines of "Trying login server #1" (complete and utter -- nonsense, since as far as I know, there IS no "login server #1)? And then everything hung up? Did you try to /camp to the next character, or did you /camp to the Character Select screen, then try to get in with the next one, and that's when it told you the server was gone, or locked (everything in red)? :-/

Uwk
  11. Jumbled Member

I didn't get the "trying server 'x'..." thing. It stopped at "entering as character 'x''..." from both the character select and direct login from the launcher. Also, the character select screen didn't show the servers locked. Everything appeared to be up.

If the issue is related to being inside a house (or GH instance), that would certainly explain it, as all my people are at home.

I usually camp to a character name when re-logging, rather than cycling through the character select screen. The last character I was able to successfully use was bouncing between my home and GH to do my daily crafting thing. This is when the symptoms first came up. I tried zoning to the GH, but it hung and finally crashed to the selection screen. I was able to log in again, but strangely, even though I clicked on my guild door in my home the previous time, when I relogged, I was still in my house, so the zoning process failed. I believe I tried again, only to meet a LONG delay, finally to return a message that the server wasn't available. On trying a third time, I think I got through and finished my work on that toon, then came home. But the re-log to the next toon failed completely.

I'm back in there today and so far things seem to be working normally again.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Woot! Whew! :D

Sounds like the hamsters were on strike ("Down tools! Squeak!") for more crunchy treats and better working hours. ;->

Uwk