Issues with Blessed Coldain Prayer Shawl (Quest & Item)

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Nindaene, Mar 6, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Nindaene Guest

Okay, after grinding out the faction, I finally had enough faction to continue on with "What Dreams May Come" and this morning Jaylah and I started our journey. We had each of our stocked up on supplies, and I even had a handy check list that I had put together to help us rush through it on our way to disco-land. So... we started out, her on her Carpenter and me on my Armorer. As we finished each piece, we put it in the shared back and hoped onto our next toon for the next combine. As we went along, we put it back in the shared bank until we had a completed velium etched rune. We then switched back to our main toons (her on her Carpenter and me on my Armorer) and began sewing the rune on the shawl (knowing of course that that was the next step). What we completely failed to realize is that we were both waiting for updates from the Woodworker. You see, you can make the items on your alts, but you cannot do it in order without logging back into the toon that you are doing the quest on and get the update. So, we proceeded in re-creating each of the items, and logging back into our main toons for the updates after each one. Here's where the real problem occurred. We had no shawl in our inventory. When we created the runed shawl, the quest consumed it. There was no shawl for us to "attach the rune to". We tried going back up to Capru to see if we could get the damaged one again and recreate the steps to get back to the last step, but you can't. We also checked the Shady Swashbuckler on the chance that this was thought about ahead of time - but again, nada. (Truthfully, we didn't think it would be there, but we had to try.) So, after grinding for 2 1/2 hours, we deleted the quest and started again. Yes, we started from scratch - completely. Here's where some additional problems came in:
    The Goahmari Notes on Shawl Repair and the Coldain Records on Historical Embroidery are received again on the 2nd time through. I didn't need to re-scribe them again because I already scribed them the last time. Plus, they are No-Destroy, so I was pretty sure I was stuck with them. However, after finishing the quest, these recipes disappear from your recipe book - so I was about to scribe them again to get them out of my inventory.
    I was not however able to re-scribe the Pattern: Blank Brellium Rune (on my Armorer - and Jaylah's pattern for her Carpenter on hers) because we keep the pattern even after the quest is done. The pattern is No-Destroy - but you can sell it to a merchant to get it out of your inventory if you find that you are stuck with it.
    Although I did manage to do the summoning crystal combines flawlessly the first time through, I didn't do so well on my third toon. After realizing that I wasn't going to finish in time, I just stopped and waited for the timer. When I went back in, I got Tora's Directions on Summoning Crystals again, but couldn't scribe it because I already knew the recipe. It too is No-Destroy, so I thought that I would be stuck with it, but it appears that it disappeared from my inventory at some point after finishing the quest because I don't have it anymore.
    Now, my issue with the Blessed Coldain Prayer Shawl itself...
    I put it in my Appearance slot to see if you would still get the "glow" (I assumed so, but I wanted to be sure). The problem that I have now... I cannot take it out of my Appearance slot. Hovering over it does not cause the examine/detail window to appear like it does with the other items. Right clicking over the shawl brings up the options to lock/unlock the window. I even tried to click the item name from where it announced in my Guild that I got it in the hopes that it would bring up the examine window and give me the option to change it into a house item, which would cause it to go back into my inventory. Nada. It is as if the interface doesn't recognize that anything is in the slot. (I've already /bugged and /petitioned it - but I'm just warning everyone else.)
    Sooooo...the moral of this story is...
    • If you are creating the items on your alts - make sure you put it back in the shared bank and go back to your main to get the update before you move on to the next step.
    • If you screw up like we did... just delete the Quest and start over - at least until you can buy the shawl off of the Shady or something. (You may create your own personal hell by repeating this Quest, but I promise you... you'll start to think Qho is a saint!!)
    • If you get a duplicate recipe/pattern - wait until after the Quest is completed. You'll likely be able to get it out of your inventory somehow.
    • Don't put your shawl into your Appearance tab until they fix this little bug!!!
    Thanks for listening....
    Oh and by the way... I LOVE MY SHAWL(S)!!
    EDIT: Someone suggested trying to swap out another necklace with my prayer shawl, which I had neglected to try. I logged back on that character to try it out, but my inventory was already overflowing. My call had been answered!! Needless to say, I still wouldn't try putting it into your appearance until we can confirm that it will come out.
    EDIT EDIT: I would love it if we could get some sort of spell or something to give us the shawl appearance when it isn't equipped. The neck appearance slot is greyed out and shouldn't be able to be used (apparently I figured out a way), so that means that if we take it off we won't get to have the affect of it. Either that - or make it so we can use the Neck appearance slot. Thanks muchly!
  2. ARCHIVED-Nindaene Guest

Also... I would love to see this announce to your Guild that you've completed a Heritage Quest, much like any other Heritage Quest would. It was nice to get the "Soandso looted the Fabled Blessed Coldain Prayer Shawl", but it would be nice if it also gave the usual HQ message. :)