Issue Tracker items that need votes

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Sigrdrifa, May 28, 2018.

1. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I added a couple of new items to the issue tracker that will be of interest to interior decorators and crafters, so if you agree, please go upvote 'em.

EQII-1101: Allow one person to open the gates in Temple of Veeshan: Vulak'Aerr's Dominion [Heroic]
    Within Temple of Veeshan: Vulak'Aerr's Dominion [Heroic]there is a plunderable item, a Tiny Mischievious Castle (\aITEM 1850882177 2072348367:a Tiny Mischievious Castle\/a) (-53, 384, 3530).

Frustrated interior decorators of much higher level than the zone can mentor down and clear the area, but cannot get to the plunderable item, because in order to open the gates to the main area you need two people clicking the big columns at the same time in the side corridors.

It would be nice to have this plunderable item obtainable through the loyalty vendors, or to have some way for a person who is level 105+ to obtain an item that can be activated in the zone to open the gates.

[IMG]

EQII-1100: Allow one person to activate screws to access Garanel in The Estate of Unrest
    In progressing through Unrest, you must obtain two Screwloose's Lever Screws, use the screws to repair the levers in the towers, then pull the levers simultaneously to be able to progress the zone ultimately to reach Garanel Ruksif at the end.

Garanel drops the Leather Insoles (\aITEM -1196629042 262072627:Leather Insoles\/a) which are the quest starters for "Reinforcing a Relic". They are a rare drop, and a lot of tradeskillers would like to be able to get the Reinforced Dwarven Work Boots.

On the live servers, it's hard to get someone to go with you to pull the levers even once, never mind the many times needed to get the Leather Insoles. I can mentor down and solo the zone, excepting the levers.
    Unrest is a 70-ish zone, so could an item be introduced that a player who is 80+ or 90+ could obtain, whether through questing or tinkering or loyalty points, that would allow a single player to simultaneously activate both levers? Or, alternately, a portal that would just send you to the dungeon to confront Garanel.
  2. blackjack Well-Known Member

Well, would have voted if I wasn't getting a '504 Gateway Time-out' error every time I tried to sign up.

Items look neat. If anyone on AB wants a second to get these, I'd be happy to bumble along to pull levers.
    Rosyposy and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I want the mini castle for an aquarium decoration!
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Brilliant idea! :D

Be careful with that; the time I got snookered into doing that (well, I guess it was innocent-ish on his part, even though I'd TOLD him I hadn't ever gone inside and didn't know anything about it...) was in the "Room Chock Full O' White-Level Zombies" that weren't aggro when we came in, but the instant he got safely through the door (whose lever I was there to pull), they all went red-edged, white-level, many up arrow, etc. "Dude! You died?" "WELL, YEAH!!" "How come--oh. Yeah. Sorry. Heh heh. Thanks."

(grmphl mrmphl)

One of many, many straws on this camel's back... ;->

Uwk
    blackjack likes this.
  5. blackjack Well-Known Member

That'd be a cool use for it. I think someday I'll make a run to get one. Maybe see if it'd work as part of a 'lego' set for the kid's room in my shared residence.

Stuff happens. Long as the other person is cool and can laugh it off, so can I. ;)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, but he was the past master of "stuff happens." The list of gripes I have about him could fill a PM thread... ;->

At any rate, he was the main reason I wound up quitting that guild. :-/

Uwk
  7. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Looks like it was a hiccup, like the many other short server outages they've been having.
  8. blackjack Well-Known Member

Just +1'd
  9. semisus Does not play this game

You can make a f2p account and powerlvl em up and open both zones that way
    My 2nd account was actully made for the purpose of unrest since i wanted the upgraded boots for harvesting
    ( this is assuming your computer is able to run another instance of eq2 at same time )
  10. blackjack Well-Known Member

Yeah that is an option if you've got no willing hands to come out with you and are very determined!

Speaking as a lazy bum personally, that's a lot of extra hassle for a fluff item from an outdated zone. I might actually need some Kahlua in my coffee to handle all that sick mess. :D
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

LOL! Yeah, I usually have tons of F2P accounts for things like Erollisi Day (thankfully, now we can give out all 8 roses to the same player if we don't care about the rose-giving Achievement, but what do you do if there's literally no one online? :-/) and other venues when you need extra hands, or feet, or whatever's being called for. ;->

Poor things, though, I neglect them terribly. :(

Uwk
    who actually does trade over enough plat to each one when created to get a ground mount and have a bit left over, but I don't think there's a single one in double-digit levels yet -- I take that back, there's a couple that are like 15th, another in 13th, etc. ;->

EDIT: At any rate, getting back to the thread, I think the Powers deliberately created such things to make SURE we had enough fellow players on to form a group of at least two ("What? No one playing on your server? Recruit your friends! :D"), since I think even our Mercs won't be able to help with these, right? :-/
  12. Chienne-Errante Well-Known Member

For the Gates, I just did this on my own about a week ago. You have to be fast because the gates start to close fairly quick, but you can do it. You don't have to land to click the 3 different columns (2 sides and 1 center), but it can be done. I was making the run for my Epic 2.0 and had asked my hubby to come in and click the columns for me, but he said you can do it on your own. Just fly toward the bottom where the gate looks closed. It's actually going down and closing, but you can fly right under it.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rosyposy like this.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

And don't forget your whip or your sonic screwdriver right before it closes on them! :D

Uwk