Isle of the refuge does not make any sense ....unless

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Kalika, Apr 27, 2017.

1. Kalika Well-Known Member

Well unless some rules are changed :

First the itemization, especially post 68 is just totally wrong, player dps is at least twice what is was initially (may be 3 times higher indeed) with hp pools that are also doubled and healing power doubled too. On top instance gear is often inferior to quested gear, and i m not sure that raid gear is better than drops from mini named or quest rewards. In a sense it is a good idea to make players stronger since we probably don't want to spent monthes getting equiped and since nobody will be raiding in a hard core way.

But currently it is going way too far since almost all the content is destroyed.Indeed whatever be the instance tanks simply pull entire rooms and nobody take any care about boss abilities/scripts.

My warden is ding like 5-6k dps when she solo, and she just wear random junk since she rushed from 60 to 80 when she came back.

Second the 12 weeks rate may be appropriated for low content expansion but i would really love to have 4-5 monthes for RoK and for the initial world.

GOing back to RoK itemization would be annoying, i think that the unification was a rather good idea (ie priest dps come from wisdom etc ...). This happened during Paineel expansion, so rolling the items back to that era would be ok. I remember lvl 80 fabled with stats like 40 or 50 ? we currently have 90-100+; also the dpsmod, MA and haste available is simply silly, since anyone can get 100+,100+,100+ ... and i don t even remember what are the cap ..
  2. Venser Active Member

I see you post a lot about your dps being "too high". I don't think you understand the mechanics going on here in TLE. Yes we have higher stats, especially HP / Mana, but the mobs have been adjusted with HP and Mitigation in order to be in line with our gear situation. Soloing is always different, but also by now on TLE most everyone has full T2 / T3 and some with full T4 gear which makes a lot of players quite powerful. Again though, the mob's mitigation and HP have been adjusted to be in line with our high stats. Most raid bosses have the same kill times as they did on "vanilla EQ2".

There are logs around recording player DPS very close to what it is now vs vanilla in raids. There are definitely a few exceptions due to overall class mechanic changes from live that can't be adjusted the same whilst in TLE. For the most part there is a lot on par with vanilla as far as combat time etc. I just don't think using "solo" experience as a way to determine what is OP and what is not isn't the only approach you need to take in order to have a conclusion on what's right or wrong.
    Kalika likes this.
  3. Kalika Well-Known Member

If it is true it is only true for raids since i did quite some heroic and nobody had even T1 gear, and we just destroyed everything ..
    Sadly since SF was accepted i won' t see any RoK or TSO raid but let me have strong doubts i doubt that Protector realm aoe are hitting for 25K ...
  4. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

My warden was doing 4-5k back in TSO, and that was maybe with WoE hybrid gear and the Thex 2H, and I was pretty bad back then tbh. 5-6k in meh gear with new stats seems about reasonable, if they have adjusted mob HP and mit accordingly.

I haven't played TLE at all since it launched so I am clueless there, but I can imagine SF is where it is going to start getting considerably closer to the original experience, since that is when all of the new stats like potency and crit bonus as well as the expectation of everyone having >100 crit started appearing. I wish they could roll the new TLE back to GU54 mechanics, but that just isn't going to happen. Hopefully they will just tune it better, since they still have a few months to go before it launches.