Isle of Refuge (Free Trade) Server Coming June 28

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Dexella, Jun 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tabytha Member

Please don't allow heroic characters on this server, at least for the launch. It will mess up the entire balance, including the economy if people can instantly get high level.
  2. Balzar New Member

Should make it a new TLE server with this rule set. Would be fun. ;)
  3. Chrisworld Active Member

I can't believe this is even real. All the things we've asked for in new content and things to be fixed... oh hey let's just launch a new server that no one wants.
  4. Sapphirius Well-Known Member

First:

The number one thing I heard from people when we got the survey about what kind of new servers we wanted was, "What if we don't want any new servers?" There was NO option to select if we weren't interested at all, which makes the true demand for these new servers... questionable at best. Next time, you guys need to add a "not interest/don't want" option to your surveys.

Personally, I voted to remove heirloom/no-trade restrictions, which sounds like they will only be removed from dropped loot. That's something I'm interested in seeing happen because it's frustrating having to transmute perfectly good heirloom/no-trade items that I can't use.

Second:

I'm confused. I'm not trying to be disrespectful when I say this, but the only difference I see so far is that we will be able to trade things we can't trade on the other servers. Oh, and we can't claim goblin tickets. By the way, you guys stopped giving those tickets 2 1/2 years ago. It's not like this one limited claim is going to be game changing.

People will continue to hide in their guild halls, like they've done since guild halls first came out. They will continue to buy their plat with kronos and loyalty tokens, like they done since those came out. They will continue to buy heroic characters to reach the end game faster, like they've done since those came out.

Could we get some more details? Like exactly what parts will be limited besides tickets that you haven't granted in more than two years? How do you plan for us to build relationships and a thriving economy if we can just buy our way through like on any other server?
  5. Breyl New Member

I havent played the game on live servers in years but could someone clarify whether the new servers will have that 'heroic char.' option where you start at 100 level or whatever or is it a fresh start from level 1?
  6. Minxy I am my own man forever and ever!

I am sure it be lvl one to start but will add heroics later to make money its a business :)
  7. HaphazardAllure Well-Known Member

Hopefully DBG will not allow krono to be sold on the broker on this server right away, but they allowed it on TLE right from the start so I'm not expecting much. I really try not to be negative on these forums, but if they truly care about giving people a fresh start on this server, they won't let people sell krono on the broker right away.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  8. Thunuderfueler Member

I would love to see them FIX the zoning issues.I am tired of zoning to desktop or having the "EQ2 has experienced a problem and must shut down",or EQ2 client error.IMHO this should be a priority not creating a new server you can buy your way to the end.
    Juraiya, Sapryze and Merriel like this.
  9. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

I greatly appreciate your response, but could you try and give us more information on this? After all account bonuses/claims is in the plural and I am imagining it has to be more to it than just goblin games tickets. Not trying to be disrespectful by the way, just feel like there has to be more to it than this, and if not, no complaints. Also, to echo other posters in this thread, will the sale of kronos and heroic characters be allowed? Thank you.
    Siren, Ishuna and HaphazardAllure like this.
  10. Merriel Well-Known Member

This is just another TLE server in the making. Limited to subscribers only AND limited in what you can/cannot do on the server. Why do I want to be forced to pay to play yet limit my options as a player? A very foolish move, if you ask me.

As someone else has already pointed out, the survey was a total farce as we were not given the option to vote 'not interested'. I would love for the Heirloom tag to be removed from loots in dungeons, but I'm not interested in starting over on a new server, nor am I interested in paying tons of money to move my ten characters on my primary account plus multiple characters from other accounts over to a new subscriber only server, where I will no longer be able to group with half my friends who play the game since they are not subscribers.

I see this as a move to start trying to force people to subscribe as they try to get everyone moved onto subscriber only servers then eventually do away with the F2P servers completely, thereby removing the 'play your way' motto. If it comes down to that, I will quit playing EQII first before I move to a new subscriber only server. I am sure there are other subscribers who will do the same when they realize they won't be able to play with many of their friends who are F2P. Can DBG really afford the loss of subscribers that will follow such a move? I think this will hurt DBG more than they realize and by the time they realize it, it will be too late to recover. I love this game but it's fast becoming all about the profit. Maybe it is time to move on. :/
  11. Minxy I am my own man forever and ever!

think ur jumping to conclusions plenty of subscribers on ftp servers are not going to the paid servers :)
    Juraiya, BattleCrypt and Sapphirius like this.
  12. Buffrat Well-Known Member

I'll make a toon and level it to cap. Probably gonna be a dead server though.

I can't imagine any reason to not allow heroic toons and kronos. I don't see how that kills the economy at all. People still have to obtain plat in the first place...
  13. RedvsBlue Well-Known Member

I sure can.....Were there transfers allowed to those servers? Same thing happened there with Kronos.

14. Sapphirius Well-Known Member

Which they could quickly obtain by using their loyalty tokens to buy bags of plat... unless SOE plans to not allow loyalty tokens? This is why some of us still have questions.
    Juraiya, Ishuna, Siren and 1 other person like this.
  15. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

I had completely forgotten about loyalty tokens! Thanks for mentioning that.
    Siren likes this.
  16. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

I wanna be fair, to put some credence behind my judgements, and give this server a chance...but for some reason I just can't justify it anywhere in my head, nor my heart lol.
  17. Sapphirius Well-Known Member

Oh, I know me. I'll roll a new carpenter over there and level her to max because... it's me. I have a carpenter on every server for cross-server commissions (except Drunder, of course).
  18. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I wonder if Drunder still exists
    Anyway I started to play on Deathtoll when it came out , when we were merged into Stormhold I lost most of my friends and
    the community for me went from good to lonely I now seldom play because leveling alone is near impossible
    well this is a regular server with a view perks ( including merks , I think ) so leveling alone ... what am I thinking of I might as well do that on the regular servers.
  19. Slipshod Active Member

This rule-set would be really fun if there was some form of THIEF system in play....
  20. Merriel Well-Known Member

I did not say that all subscribers on ftp servers are going to the paid servers...I said that I see this as a means to try to get all subscribers to move so they can eventually close ftp servers, but I think too many people see through the writing on the wall and realize exactly what it is. I won't be creating any new characters on this server because I'm not interested in playing on another server...I'm content staying where I'm at with all my crafting alts. I don't want to play on a server that segregates my ftp friends.
    Juraiya and Ishuna like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.