Is Walk the Plank worth it anymore?

Discussion in 'Swashbuckler' started by ARCHIVED-Uijo, Sep 14, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Uijo Guest

I have recently re-sub'd and started a Swashy...something I always wanted to try...having a blast at lvl 20 with 15 aa's. I have read most of all the faq's and also several posts on the AA topic. My main question is if WTP is worth it for the 5 aa's now or should I just finish up str line with 4-4-8-4-2 first? I mainly solo with general gear. I have couple of MC weapons waiting for me at 22.
    Thanks for any help/advice.
  2. ARCHIVED-einar438 Guest

IMHO Yes, especially if you are soloing. It works especially well in combination with boot dagger from the INT line.
    It also lets you get a couple of your nice debuffs off which are back/flank only. In groups it if very good to turn and root a mob if it suddenly decides to turn away from the tank and start wacking on the wrong person. You have a chance to point it back to the tank and it's rooted for a couple of seconds until the tank can get agro back.
  3. ARCHIVED-Baradin Guest

There is absolutely no doubt about it, you MUST get Walk the Plank and Boot Dagger first, and then Sailwind after that. Anything after that is your own preference.
  4. ARCHIVED-Uijo Guest

Ok, based on that this is what I should do based on your advice.
    (1) Pick Pocket
    (2-5) 4 points in Pirate's Agility
    (6) 1 Point Walk the Plank
    (7-10) 4 points in Theif's Int
    (11) 1 point Boot Dagger
    Then finish out the Agi line for Sailwind...after that work on the Str line or something else before moving to the other tree.
    How does that look?
  5. ARCHIVED-Baradin Guest

Looks good to me; when you're filling out the Agi tree, it's recommended (until you hit 70 and are able to spend more than 50 pts), to put 8 points into Pirate stab and 6 points into Walk the Plank.
  6. ARCHIVED-TygerMeow Guest

WTP is hugely useful in almost every situation and for every playstyle. It has been mentioed it's valuable for attacks (with debuffs including our best debuff when soloing) and it's useful when the tank loses aggro, especially on mobs with a frontal AE. Even the best tanks can lose aggro when the wizzy's double land. However even if the tank is holding just fine, there situations such as the last name in Veks1 or the first name in WoE where you can't always get it's back and there times when the tank is getting into the red and WTP gives a couple more seconds to keep him up.
    I have our mezz mastered but it still gets resisted a whole lot in T8. I've saved the group so many more times with WTP used at the right time.
    I've noticed a lot lately that a well-timed Cheap Shot after WTP will keep the mob turned until that stun wears off, giving me time to get off 3 backstabs and Boot Dagger (followed by shanghai as the mob is turning back). This can also happen if you have a chanter in the group who is on top of it.