Is this working as planned?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by ShalimarTroy, Nov 26, 2013.

1. ShalimarTroy Member

I recently returned to the game and have a number of characters I am playing. I recently noticed that when I attack, my auto-attack button will turn off after 1 or 2 spells. I always thought in the past I could trigger the auto attack and leave it on throughout the battle, using my spells and abilities. I was under the impression that my weapon was a base level damage and accounts for many of the new abilities that have replaced the older attribute scores in the game.

So is there something wrong with my auto attack button that it keeps turning off, or is that working as the designers planned?

Seems like I have to constantly toggle that button back on again, cast a spell or ability, then click on it again?
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

If you're casting spells and you want to continue melee attacking, go to your character sheet, options tab. Scroll down to the bottom. For auto-attack mode, choose forced melee. That will solve your problem.
  3. ShalimarTroy Member

Thank you. That seems what I want. I wonder if that was a default feature back in the day?
  4. Tinkerbe Active Member

It also threw me when I came back. If you two box and use autofollow on the second character, that is another reason to set it to "forced melee." It took me a while to figure out why my secondary characters were sometimes staying in attack mode after battle. I finally realized that only happens if they are using a wand.
  5. Mermut Well-Known Member

Back in the day there was no spell ranged auto attack for you to get forced into when you cast a spell :)
  6. Kalika Well-Known Member

I asked more than once to make those options much easier to find. As example by adding then into the general abilities books.
  7. Finora Well-Known Member

They aren't hard to find, they are right on the character window.

It's just that people, especially people who are coming back after a long period away, don't even know that other auto attack options exist, so end up having what they think is a bug and don't know that it's just a setting they need to go into the character option tab to change.

Even if it were moved the the knowledge window they wouldn't know to look there for it either.
  8. Zythus Active Member

you can use this:
    /setautoattack 0,1,2
    0=default
    1=melee
    2=ranged
  9. ShalimarTroy Member

This is a big change from when the last I played. And no they are not easy to find when you have no idea where they are at or even what that option does?

Why is it to find any information about the game is like pulling teeth? Even the wikis seem oblivious to changes in the game.
  10. Mermut Well-Known Member

Hey! I think we've been a LITTLE less painful then pulled teeth in this forum :D
    Shmogre likes this.
  11. ShalimarTroy Member