Is this really how the new Brigand ability is intended to work?

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by Smashey, Dec 5, 2022.

1. Smashey Well-Known Member

Its a 2 minutes 30 seconds recast that decreases Combat Mitigation by 778.9 and increases Physical damage done to the target by 2.2% for 7 seconds. It also summons an item that works like a 100 trigger damage poison that is no-zone.

Here are some of my main points:

778 combat mitigation when mobs have above 730k is nothing. While its still a 778/77 potency/CB raidwide buff it wont be noticeable.

Getting 7 seconds to do an additional 2.2% physical damage is another whole lot of nothing unless your ranger suddenly wants to do physical damage again for some reason.

The poison itself does 7048-7792 damage on target and an additional 2112-2336 damage every second. On top of this it decreases combat mitigation by 51.9. So essentially nothing.

You can also not apply this poison in combat as you have to manually apply it for 100 triggers every time.

Poison Mastery and Noxious Toxin AAs does nothing to the poison.

Is this really what was intended? This was also talked about during beta and I see no changes to the ability at all. In my opinion, the ability at the moment is not worth using at all.
  2. Bentenn Well-Known Member

lol, sorry to disappoint. Most "epic" spells aren't epic, its just a timer filler for us to have something to do. example people with over 50 runs of a known zone to drop adept pieces for it.. and tons of runs through all solos, just incase it drops somewhere else. Not hijacking your post, but honestly, maybe 2 or 3 epic abilities are worth it and the rest are just garbage.
    Miaga likes this.
  3. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Have you run damage parses with the debuff it applies? The game's numbers are kinda wacky. Saying it reduces 778 mitigation doesn't always mean a literal 778 out of hundreds of thousands.
  4. Lyricus Member

5. Jrox Well-Known Member

Sorry, I also don.t mean to derail here. But Brigs are uhh, terri-bad right now. Their Debuffs are not in line with current mob mitigation in my small but humble opinion. Go swash, the DPS and fervor buff and amongst other things are MUCH stronger. Just my two cents.

As far as epic spells go. I have to agree with Bentenn on this, though I rarely would agree with him lol. ;)