Is this feasible ?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Kato, Sep 13, 2020.

1. Kato New Member

I have seen the Dungeon Maker in the list when you hit the EQ2 button. I have not messed with it because I was told that it is no longer working or supported. I have never used it and am not sure how it worked but it did spark an idea for me that I would LOVE to see added to EQ2.

Create your own Housing Instance.
    Step 1: Obtain a plot (the core instance). They could vary in size from extremely small (the size of one small room) to vastly Huge (a whole zone).
    Step 2: Plot Decorating. Each plot could have a certain number of Plot Item allowances depending on the size of the plot, the type, the amount of pre-determined decorations etc. An example could be the current halfpint vale. As is, it has X number of pre-determined decorations (the island, the trees, the farming area, the hobbit hole, etc).
    Say a new vale obtained could be blank. An island surrounded by water. The player then could add plot items such as rocks, trees, paths, waterfalls, a smaller island etc. These could even include things such as houses, tiki huts, docks, all the stuff that could be easily added and removed.
    Step 3: Regular Decorating. This would simply work the way it works now. Plot allows X number of decorations exactly how it is now.

All this stuff could be obtained in numerous ways from leveling, looting, unlocking, quest reward, diety reward, in game currencies, market place whatever. Perhaps even allow players to sell finished plots (just the plot with all its plot items) to other players.

Just a thought as I would love to have an area I found on Kerra Isle as the canvas for my housing masterpiece and would be willing to spend many many many hours, and perhaps some cash, obtaining everything to make it perfect
    WhysperWynde, Marae and Breanna like this.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

A number of Norrathian interior decorators use dungeons as storage for their house item hoarding, er I mean, collections.
    WhysperWynde, Geroblue, Nazy and 2 others like this.
  3. Hartsmith Well-Known Member

Wait, you mean I don't have to spend credits for that extra 2 room inn currently being used for storage closets?
    WhysperWynde, Sigrdrifa and Breanna like this.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Use loyalty tokens and buy four treasure hoards and put those in your inn room and voila, no rent.
    WhysperWynde, Hartsmith and Breanna like this.
  5. ConcealFate Well-Known Member

Yeah paying that 30 silver rent is rough lol
    WhysperWynde, SynnikuL and Hartsmith like this.
  6. Hartsmith Well-Known Member

But why when you can... ;)
    :D LOL, yes, I know to buy treasure hoards, and I also have half dozen prestige homes from multiple expacs that I can use for free. :cool:

What I didn't know was about using Dungeon Maker as a storage closet. :confused: How does someone do that? And is it really worth the time compared to what I've already got going on?
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  7. Almee Well-Known Member

I found using a dungeon, for storage, cumbersome. I have a multitude of prestige houses so I use a few of them for storage. I can put up the portal, in the main crafting house, and it makes it easy for all my characters to access the furnishings stored there. I also try to make themes for each storage house such as Freeport, Qeynos, etc., so I will know where to go for various items.
    WhysperWynde and Geroblue like this.
  8. Kato New Member

Very interesting about storage but can we get back to topic please ?
  9. Almee Well-Known Member

It would be possible to do but I doubt it will be done with DP working so short staffed. Also, decorating seems to be at the bottom of the list of things for DP to work on. There are so many other issues to deal with that any new content, that doesn't involve adventuring, is probably out of the question for the foreseeable future. It's a good idea though, Kato.
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  10. Marae Well-Known Member

It is a good idea, Kato - a great idea, in fact - and if such an opportunity were available, I would definitely take advantage of it. One of the things I find most frustrating about some of the prestige homes is that the built-in features, such as buildings, rice paddies, and the like (yeah, I'm thinking of the Mara Estate lol) aren't always useful. I spend a lot of time working around them, or building over them (Rice paddies? What rice paddies? Oh, you mean the lava field! :D ) to create something unique. Not that I don't appreciate having a ready-made little village - that's awesome! and the fact that it was free is even more awesome! - but it's also the same little village in every instance, and with fourteen characters, I'm a bit tired of it. So having the ability to build something from scratch, or even just to modify an existing layout, would be totally awesome.

By the way, even though the Dungeon Maker doesn't work the way it did originally, you can still set things up in there and people can run through it. One of these years I'll finish my big dungeon project... if I ever get around to moving all that stuff I've got stored there... :rolleyes:

(And yes, I really did make a lava field out of one of those rice paddies. :p )
    Breanna, WhysperWynde and Hartsmith like this.
  11. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

I like Kato's idea of getting a blank area like acreage or land plot - either in Dugeon Maker or in Housing function - and building your own structures on it and decorating it like you do the ready made houses. I do make some structures & houses of my own design in the Housing that allows for that and I enjoy it greatly.

I don't know too much about Dungeon Maker, have never used it and I possibly should look into that. Perhaps I will when I enter game today. I am wondering why Almee found it cumbersome to use Dungeon Maker for a storage function for housing items. Would like to hear more about that if you have the time to explain it, Almee.

Now that my interest is piqued I think that I will definitely try and look into Dungeon Maker right now as I enter the game with my Human Paladin Fyrelilly Wynde. Thanx for the info Peeps!
    Breanna and Hartsmith like this.
  12. Dumice New Member

Wasn't this the premise of EQ Landmark for EQ Next, plot ownership/development?
    Breanna, Wulfgyr and Feldon like this.
  13. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

IDK - was it? Would be a good idea. When is EQ Next due to arrive? I have not seen any news or information on that score; although I have heard of EQ Next somewhere. I would be very interested in playing it as well as EQ2. I had a notion to upload EQ1 for when EQ2 goes into downtime for updates but never have done it yet. I used to switch over to SWTOR Star Wars the Old Republic during updates of EQ2 but have not reinstalled that yet due to switching from Windows7 to W10. Can't say as I like W10 as much as I did W7 and of course the altime favorite for me will always be WXP or so it seems. But I am straying off of EQ2 topics here. Any news on EQ Next would be nice to hear whatever people know for sure or even rumors I guess. Why not?
  14. Dude Well-Known Member

Both EQ Next and Landmark were canceled.
    Breanna likes this.
  15. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

Oh yucks, yikes N darn!!! EQ Next was cancelled. Don't know what Landmark was. Was that another Norrath game? In EQ lineup? Oh well, EQ2 is going nice and strong it seems to me so don't really need any other.
    Breanna likes this.
  16. Kato New Member

Landmark added to EQ2 would be ideal but would take far more work than simpy adding to the dungeon creator to allow for housing instance creation. Could start slow with a few base choices and depending on success add to it