Is there any way that this web site...

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Svenone, Jun 25, 2018.

1. Svenone Well-Known Member

can stay logged in between sessions? I am the only person who ever uses this computer (or my accounts), and most web sites allow the user to choose to stay online, but not this one. Even the giant in the playground (you all know who I am referring to) allows this. Even if only for a limited time, perhaps 15 minutes or so, would better than having to log in again every single time!
  2. Dude Well-Known Member

I've been logged in for days, so it's definitely possible.
    Finora and Mermut like this.
  3. Breanna Well-Known Member

My work computer lets me stay logged in, but my home computer does not. I don't really know what I did different to make that happen. It is a pain having to log in every time so I usually keep mine minimized so I don't have to.
  4. Castegyre Well-Known Member

Sometimes it gets finicky. Recently it's been logging my partner out constantly, but not me. Which annoys her :p Next week it might be the other way around, or it might be fine for the next several months. I gave up trying to 'fix' it a long time ago. Nothing seems to work.
  5. Svenone Well-Known Member

This web site is finicky, that is for sure. I have 3 paid accounts and 4 FTP accounts, but it refuses to remember more than two of the login credentials. I just haven't decided if that is a DBG or Firefox issue.
  6. Breanna Well-Known Member

Go with DBG, because I don't have Firefox ;)
  7. Juraiya Well-Known Member

I use Chrome, and I never get logged out unless I manually log out. It might have to do with how you set up your cookies and authentications. Or you might have your browser set to automatically delete cookies after a certain time, which would log you out on occasion.

That said, there's another site where I *do* occasionally get logged out without me telling it to log me out, so different forums or websites can certainly have different interactions. :)
  8. Mysstie Well-Known Member

I just wiped out all of my *.daybreakgames.com cookies and logged back in. All but the "locale" cookie expires at the end of the session. So, if I close and re-open the browser, have to log back in. My guess is those that are being kept logged in have cookies with longer expiration dates or the cookies aren't expiring like they should.

Maybe visiting different Daybreak sites causes the various cookies to be created differently and that affects things. Who knows.
  9. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Don't close the browser window and the cookie will persist. If you use something like CCleaner or other cookie cleanup tools, you will want to go through and whitelist all EQ2 related cookies.
  10. Tekka Well-Known Member

I leave my browser open and minimized.

I close the tab for the forums when I'm done.

Sometimes I'll stay logged in for a few days at a time. Sometimes I have to log back in every single time I return to the forums in a single day.

It used to stay logged in regardless. For years.

It could be cookies, I guess, but it's extraordinarily erratic if it is - and of the forums I visit that don't have a fixed logged in period, these are the only ones I have trouble with.