Is there an update on this issue, Kaitheel or Chrol?

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Cyrrena, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Is there any update as to where things stand on hooking up the quest, Path of the Past: Crypt of T'haen to the Chronomage so that we can again obtain the replica for it? There are quite a few of us on AB that have the entire set of replicas with the exception of this one and we all feel, incomplete.

I read that the reason it was unhooked was because the mob that was required was not always up, not sure if this is true, but I don't think that would be a problem now. Completionists are accustomed to going back over old content multiple times to try and get a drop or a trophy head or any myriad of things, so I do not see this as a prohibitive issue. If the completionists are also house freaks, they will revisit that zone as often as they can to obtain whatever it is they are trying to get.

Please let us know if the quest will be restored or if there is another way we can obtain the replica, perhaps make it so that if you have completed all of the other Chronomage tasks you can then purchase this replica, or something similar, put it on the loyalty merchant or city merchant, anything.

Thank you for all that you do for us, we do appreciate it.
    Rosyposy and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  2. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I know that you are probably pulling your hair out right now between NoTD and beta, but just wanted to know if this is still on the list of things to look into?
    Rosyposy and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  3. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Please tell me this is still on the to be looked at after vacation list???
    Rosyposy likes this.
  4. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

somewhat unrelated, but if the Bloodline zones could be fixed on Thurgadin at the same time, it would be nice

we get the following message when trying to zone into Tombs of Night:
    "Everquest II cannot load your next zone(mod01_dun_tombs_of_night)please exit EQII and ensure that the correct game options are set in launchpad.if this is optional, adventure pack or expansionzone,ensure that the corresponding optional download set is enabled"
    Fix is: choose US ENGLISH from launcher, copy/paste on desktop the 2 files starting with "mod01_dun_tombs...." in packs, switch to EU ENGLISH and don't launch game, copy back the 2 packs and launch.
    Dude, Cyrrena and Rosyposy like this.
  5. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

That was very nice of you Whilhelmina to post the fix for the issue so people have an option until the game is fixed. Maybe they will use your fix to actually fix the issue for you. It is more or less along the same lines as the issue I posted. The quest I posted was unhooked from the chronomages because the required monster was not guaranteed to be spawned. I think we are all accustomed to having to kill placeholders for a certain monster to spawn so I do not see this as an issue in any way. I say just hook the quest up again and let us bombard placeholders to get the monster to spawn.
    Katz and Rosyposy like this.
  6. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Credit where credit is due: I stole the fix from the Guerrier Céleste website (it was on their forum) after hitting the bug and being directed towards the post by Armaggedoux (It's the website that replaced mine when I left for 5 years). The more it's posted around, the better it is. No clue while the 2 packs are broken for EU, but once you know they're broken, it's easy to get them back and unbroke them.

Agreed with you Cyrrena. i didn't know they weren't on the Chronomage before reading your post, I did them way back when they were introduced. It's not that bad to wait and kill PH until the mob is there if you really want the name to spawn.
    Cyrrena likes this.