Is there an easier way to lower my broker prices?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, and New Player Questions' started by ARCHIVED-Quiloue, Sep 24, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Quiloue Guest

I like to go through my prices and drop them every so often, but boy howdy is it ever tedious clicking on each item and resetting its price.
    Does anyone have an easier way?
    Like a broker window mod that lets you press a single button to drop all your prices by 10%, say?
    Or, if our broker prices are stored offline in a .txt file that would allow me to modify them outside of game?
  2. ARCHIVED-Melfius Guest

3. ARCHIVED-Quiloue Guest

Be a good idea for a mod, though, wouldn't it?
  4. ARCHIVED-DasUberFuzzy Guest

Math isnt exactly do able in the UI the way you think (and coin math is even more annoying), but give this a shot
    http://www.eq2interface.com/downloa...icepresets.html
    (not sure if it works "as is", as it is quite old. I use a different version of the same concept)
  5. ARCHIVED-Seidhkona Guest

ProfitUI has some preset prices in its broker price window. Also check Mother's Pricing.
    Every day, I manually check everything I have on the broker, and compare its price to the current lowest price matching item.
    • Most of the time, I drop my price slightly below the low price.
    • Sometimes I'll have an item that's rare up for 15pp and someone posts it up for 30g, and in that case I buy it and sell at my price. This is a REALLY subjective decision and not one that could be automated at all, IMHO.
    • I have some house items that are on the broker at fairly high prices, because they're cool and I may actually get around to redecorating someday, but if someone wants to pay 500pp for it, well, that's better than waiting to see if I use it. These I don't ever reprice, because while I *will* sell them, I'm not super keen to sell them fast. Again, really hard to automate this as a repricing task.
    My whole broker process requires quite a bit of human judgement, which would make it a poor choice for automation at all throughout.
    It IS possible to get Excel doing Norrathian currency math (it just requires the correct number format definition, ###p##g##s##c), so I'm reasonably certain one could create a UI module that can do the same. If the Marketplace Window is receiving the data, then that data is in the UI somewhere and available to work with, and you could probably create an automated way to drop your current price on an item by {variable%}.
    I'd love a UI component that would look at an item I have selected on the broker, check to see what bag/sales crate I have selected in my window, then tell me what price I would need to set to equal that broker item's price. Some days I have enough brains to easily figure the difference between one of my 20% boxes vs. the guy who has the same item in his Veteran's Sale Crate with its 10% tax, some days I end up doing it via trial and error. To this, I would add buttons that would round down to the nearest plat, gold, silver, or copper below the calculated price, then a final "Set Item for Sale at this Price" button. This wouldn't automate sales, but it would save me doing math while feeling drain bramaged after a raid.
    I can sort of do the calculating part using Excel, but it's a PITA to go back and forth to the Excel window.
  6. ARCHIVED-Ulrichvon Guest

I have previously emailed the team with this request.
    There should be a button to 'match current lowest price' that can be run on each container in your broker window. Such that it just matches it at that point in time, you can then sort it high and low and check it to change anything you don't like, then move on.
    Its really not that hard of a feature to put in, and I think bundling it into one button should actually have some performance increases vs each of us searching one item at a time over and over and over again.