Is There A Way...

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Almee, Nov 29, 2021.

1. Almee Well-Known Member

Is there a way to let people use depots and other amenities, in a house, but not let them move things around or take any of the amenities? I usually port back to the guild hall, if I can't fast travel from place to place, but ours is filled so it takes a bit to load the guild hall.

I can obviously make a travel center, that just my characters can use, but I have a lot of different portals, so I thought it would be nice to let others use them. I also have a lot of extra mats and supplies, that are going to waste, people could use as I was going to set up a Velium Multi-Forge in the travel center.

My last question is about published houses. Can you visit a house that is not on your server?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Geroblue like this.
  2. Malachy Well-Known Member

On the depots there's a tab called "Permissions", you can choose to let people deposit, consume and withdraw based on their status. So when you give someone access to your house you can choose Trustee, Friend or Visitor. Make someone a 'friend', then make your depots so that only trustee's can withdraw things, 'friends' can consume while crafting, etc.

Also, if you publish your house, no one can move anything, regardless of access, including yourself. And, nope, can't visit houses on another server unless you create a character on that server.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Almee Well-Known Member

Thank you for the information. I guess I'll have to make a travel center for each of my servers.
  4. Malachy Well-Known Member

I don't know what server(s) you play on, but cloudrat has a hall of fame "Dev Pick" house, I think, on every server that does exactly that -- has all traveling clicky items in the house and a room with all of the crafting stations. It is called, "A Cloudrat Travel Dojo". I could be wrong about how many he has.

You would have to bring your own mats and fuel, but it's actually what a lot of people use that don't have the patience or capacity to deal with the grossly bloated massive guild halls people are so fond of over-decorating or publish their own home. I'd choose a Tier1 guildhall any day that is tastefully designed over what seems to be the norm.

I published my own home for multi-character crafting for the same reason. Apparently many people bring or summon crafting stations while out questing and keep a bag full of items to use on the spot. I guess they don't know many crafting gear effects only work in certain zones and beyond the hassle of carrying all that stuff, it's typically against their favor for buffs to not just pop in a published home and hit leave, to go exactly back to where they came from.
  5. elflover Well-Known Member

She passed away a few years ago, but they are on most the live servers; with travel amenties, crafting tables and depos. Not sure if they have the FF tables, but very useful lil place.
  6. Edelphia Well-Known Member

I still use her Dojo when I'm doing crafting timelines. I know on Maj'Dul it's in the Dev Picks, I don't know about other servers. That dojo would be a great place for servers to share mats for crafting if anyone has the ability to change the permissions on those depots in there so they can just be used to craft there.