Is there a way to 3d print my character?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Griffon Lady, May 27, 2020.

1. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

You could do that if you go to an actual Apple Store. They could tell you if there is a way to transfer the data from your SIM card to a new phone, but I know you do not like iOS.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  2. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

[slams himself forehead] just take pen and copy info to some paper sheets from phone screen. max on your sim card of this phone can be 256 kb of textual info. something like this: all text written on paper will take 262,144 letters if i'm not mistaken. it seems comparable to your president’s tweets in five-volume, which as i watched in tv, sell for $37. it's two dollars more than standard BoL.. just interesting.. i don’t even know what is more interesting.. probably what’s cheaper.. for two dollars saved you can buy usb bluetooth adapter..well.. seriously, bluetooth is commonly used to move files, such as photos from phone’s internal, well or sd memory. but I think that organizer-program for windows for samsung phones (about same year as your phone) is universal and suitable for different models. and in idea, it can support synchronization on bluetooth. you just need to watch manual for this program
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Of course, someone with Blender experience could take a flat screenshot and wrap it around an object that resembles your character race. Probably lose lots of detail though.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

True, but more importantly, it's not an Apple phone. :(

As it is, I don't even think this old dino of mine even has an OS of any sort... ;->

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

First of all, my sincere apologies for the five-volume... ;->

Secondly, is there an organizer program for Windows for Samsung phones? All I really tried to do so far was get a cable from the phone to the computer, and that didn't work. But if you know of an actual program... I'm not sure that Bluetooth would do any better than the cable did, just be wireless, but if there's a separate thing out there for Bluetooth that will clear my phone out (and let it be saved to my computer, of course ;->), that'd be great. :)

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  6. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

and what is wrong with these five volumes? i just wrote about this to compare bulk. because if this shown on tv, then it’s clear what it's about (if of course to you show same as for our about what is happening with US). all this fuss outside window, it seems, is even less related to this game and to this thema than what we are writing about here.
    your phone has from oracle operating system installed (ver. java2.0me likely)
    1. first, run revo uninstaller https://www.revouninstaller.com/start-freeware-download-portable/. because apparently only program that can help you is samsung-pc-studio. it should work with connection via bluetooth. but it creates lot of registry entries. and after removal leaves lot of garbage. therefore, first download revo to your computer so that it monitors installation process. then you can better remove program for samsung, after it becomes unneed (maybe it will immediately be unneed, we don’t know whether it specifically supports your phone model. i think and hope that should support)
    2. download this program from here https://www.softpedia.com/get/Internet/Telephony-SMS-GSM/Samsung-PC-Studio.shtml (samsung-pc-studio). this is most likely the version that is needed
    3. you need to find out in built-in instruction of program whether your phone is in list of supported ones. or similar to yours for example same series. because you will need to make decision - is it worth it to spend two or more dollars on usb bluetooth adapter. and then it will be need that this adapter works correctly and that bluetooth chip in phone also works correctly. and that they can see each other. for some, all this may be too complicated. unfortunately, ability to connect via cord isn't provided for this samsung model. so this greatly complicates all. therefore -
    4. it's best to find good person who can movement data from your sim card using any of his (her) devices, for example, to your flash drive. this good person should at least little understanding of all like these things..
    in addition, i'm not sure that this program will contain list of models that are supported. with proprietary programs (with closed source code) there are often such problems that you won’t know that this doesn't work until you install it. so just buy new phone (which connects to PC via cord) and insert your sim card there
  7. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

The cable might be fine - if I recall (it's been awhile), there's something in the settings for older Samsung phones about "USB mode," or something similar. If that's not enabled, when you plug it into the computer it just uses it as a charging cable.

Hope that helps!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Cyrrena like this.
  8. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Data transfer mode, or data mode, if I remember correctly.
  9. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

if it were possible, they would write about it in instruction for this phone http://org.downloadcenter.samsung.c.../TMO_SGH-T139_English_User_Manual_JC1_F10.pdf
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Guys, this is all brilliant! I'm saving this all as we speak (or write...you get the idea ;->) to a file, so I can pull it up at my leisure without having to jump through log-in hoops, or even print it out if need be. :)

"Data transfer mode/data mode"? I'll look that up, too. Thanks! :D

Uwk
    who's even now pulling up Ra's links... :)
    Breanna and Geroblue like this.
  11. Ronoc Member

you had the animate the combat and emote stuff in 3d using an animation software like blender right? so you have to have the 3d models outside of the game, unless you somehow animated the rigs in the game itself. and i find that highly unlikely. it may be something you can do at home, assuming you have the right files (doubt it) and a 3d printer. please correct me if im wrong, but the 3d animation leads me to think that you guys have a rig for each standard character race in your database somewhere. yet another example of why i think this is the body differences. cant really use a Ogre rig animation on a Sarnak, bodies are very different is shape

[IMG]
  12. Ronoc Member

you had the animate the combat and emote stuff in 3d using an animation software like blender right? so you have to have the 3d models outside of the game, unless you somehow animated the rigs in the game itself. and i find that highly unlikely. it may be something you can do at home, assuming you have the right files (doubt it) and a 3d printer. please correct me if im wrong, but the 3d animation leads me to think that you guys have a rig for each standard character race in your database somewhere. yet another example of why i think this is the body differences. cant really use a Ogre rig animation on a Sarnak, bodies are very different is shape

[IMG]
  13. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

We use Maya. The characters are basically naked when I animate them, there's no armor capes or weapons on the rig I animate for the players.
  14. Bludd Well-Known Member

15. Ronoc Member

so the hard part is getting the armor and stuff on the rig. shouldnt there also be texture files of all the armor and weapons. only thing needed from what im understanding is the weapon and armor object and then the posed rig. might try and figure this out at one point, see if i can do one of my toons or somethin to see how it would work
  16. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Not all races have anims on them either. I usually animate on human male. A few years ago we had the HeroForge people in the office to see if we could get that working for EQ. They couldn't. Our system doesn't work in a way that they could implement into their system. For me to pose a character, find all the armor assets and get an animation on the rig is hours of work per character. We tested it out and it was too much work to make it worthwhile.
  17. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Ouchies. Yeah, that would be a pain to turn into 3D.
  18. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

You can fake it in Hero Forge, more or less. It won't be exactly your toon, but you can get kinda close.
  19. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Yeah, I made a pretty good Firiona Vie there!
  20. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

I guess I was picturing kind of a program/screenshot-version of a lamination or mold making process. Something that only registers surfaces that are external and fuses the seams so it makes one single surface object or basically creates a digital mold of of that surface? Or maybe something that finds the negative space of a cube with the objects (armor, weapons, head, torso, etc...) in it and creates the single object by inverting that?
    I know the programers are forever busy, but would there be a way to suggest it to them?
    The new and improved paperdoll screenshot. (But it would make sense to have it as a Marketplace item since it would take a lot of time to get working.)