Is the next expac pay 2 win, cause I'm spent

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Altho, Aug 24, 2017.

1. Xakrein Well-Known Member

A funny definition of win? Does not sound like a win to you?

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/win?s=t
    verb (used without object), won, winning.
    1. to finish first in a race, contest, or the like.
    2. to succeed by striving or effort: He applied for a scholarship and won.
    3. to gain the victory; overcome an adversary:The home team won.

verb (used with object), won, winning.
    5. to succeed in reaching (a place, condition, etc.), especially by great effort: They won the shore through a violent storm.
    6. to get by effort, as through labor, competition, or conquest: He won his post after years of striving.
    7. to gain (a prize, fame, etc.).
    8. to be successful in (a game, battle, etc.).
    9. to make (one's way), as by effort or ability.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/win
    transitive verb
    1a: to get possession of by effort or fortune
    1b: to obtain by work
    2a: to gain in or as if in battle or contest won the championship
    2b: to be the victor in

intransitive verb
    1: to gain the victory in a contest : succeed
    2: to succeed in arriving at a place or a state

The "some people" you speak of, clearly have a very sound understanding of its meaning. I encourage you to learn what the word "win" means.

Your phrasing makes me suspect there is a degree of jealousy involved, on your part.

Stayed up till the next day to finish a VP run? You must have been in a very "average" guild if that was the case.
  2. Alphaville New Member

The definition changes in context with the game. Winning a race is being the first to the finish line.
    Winning an MMO? IMO, winning an MMO is having fun playing the MMO. If you disagree, then you have a different definition of win, in this context, than I do.

No dictionary needed. Pure, undiluted, opinion.
  3. Xakrein Well-Known Member

Of course you would dismiss the dictionary. The actual definition does not suit your bias, jealous agenda.

There, there.
  4. Nixer Active Member

Does anyone use the Skill Researcher anymore? I've been spending the time to research my humble Ascension spell from a lowly apprentice into Master and even Grandmaster on my alts .... granted I do not have a full selection of ascension spells at expert or better but I sure do have a lot of alts with a nasty wildfire :p Sure, this does not satisfy any ADHD urges but, it will get select spells there. And there have been issues with Ascension spells research this past spring that appear to have been corrected since I've not seen any issues in any of my alts research in almost three months. Before, it did appear that the only way to guarantee the Ascension spell upgrades was to visit the Market :( Relying on luck to get a drop was akin to expecting to win at the lottery and, well, that's just foolish :p
    Spindle and Dude like this.
  5. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

Thought you quit?
  6. Cirvandal Active Member

Yes, doesn't mean I am not concerned for the future of this game as I wish to return to an amazing Norrath some day.
  7. Spindle Well-Known Member

Not all, just the drama queen/epeen posters. I have a great respect for real raiders who know their characters, plan and execute raids in an incredible manner. They, like other players who enjoy the game, seldom post. When they do, people take note.
  8. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

I don't know, I personally think its easier to affect change from the inside. I do however respect your decision to make a statement with your wallet.
  9. Neiloch Well-Known Member

The top raiding guild in the game just quit. Take note.
    Xillean, Ruckus, Ashandra and 7 others like this.
  10. Yards Well-Known Member

I concur the game is not what it once was and has become a hollow shell of what it was when it was created. The changes implemented in the last 2 or so years have completely destroyed the game. The majority of people who still play only play because of their friends in game, or they are blinded by what the game was and have empty hopes that it will return that way.
    Soara2, Xillean, Ruckus and 6 others like this.
  11. rutro Well-Known Member

The only win that matters is a Charlie Sheen WIN. The only other thing that matters is "If you ain't 1st you are last".
  12. Dude Well-Known Member

What guild is that?
    CoLD MeTaL likes this.
  13. -Soteria- Well-Known Member

14. Kioske Well-Known Member

Did you seriously just suggest that this game has a huge amount of people looking to get started, who have never played before? People are leaving by the hundreds every month, no one is looking to get started playing this game. Feedback is not damaging the new player experience, DBG is damaging that with how they run their game currently. The pay to win is what is chasing prospective players away. Trust me, the feedback would be useful if DBG listened to it every once in a while. Your attitude against feedback is part of what is damaging this game and its community. So please, be constructive with your comments or don't comment at all.
    Xillean, Tekka, Mizgamer62 and 4 others like this.
  15. Alphaville New Member

IMO the largest potential audience for this game is returning players. People who played years ago and want to give the game another go.

I am all in favor of feedback! I just prefer to see it be constructive. So we agree! ;)
    Prissetta, -Soteria- and Dude like this.