Is the Epic starter quest working as intended now?

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-Chantrea, Feb 11, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Likias Guest

You have to be able to get it without being an 80 dirge becuz I heard people were trying to sell it for 100pp originally before they made it NT. Were they lvl 80 dirges that were selling them or was that just before it got redone? And if you're in a group with a lvl 80 dirge, you wouldnt be able to pick the item up first, even though you are a dirge?
  2. ARCHIVED-Menaelin Guest

Likias wrote:
    Is it even confirmed that this item was ever tradeable in the past, because I have confirmation that the item was no-trade before the hotfix that upped the drop rate. So that would mean that there would have had to have been two hotfixes affecting the dirge drop: one to make it no-trade and the other to up the drop rate.

Just asking because I've heard a lot of people mentioning the sale of our starter as a rumor, but have never heard from anybody who actually saw it happen, saw one on the broker, or anything like that.
  3. ARCHIVED-Sneteos Guest

I can tell you that I have seen it on the broker within a few days after LU42 went live for 110p.
    I resisted the temptation of buying it and almost regreted it when it took me a week to finaly get the starter dropped.
  4. ARCHIVED-Hargo Guest

Cleared part of the merchantile district, no drops. We intended on going to the Laboratory anyways, just decided to clear the first room on the way just to try to avoid going there. Cleared half of the first floor (another group was there doing the scroll quest). Went up the stairs, cleared the second floor. Got the ornate chest on a respawn at the base of the stairs. Took less time than the CoA we did right after. The hardest part was getting the group, I looked for almost 8 hours before I got one. Stuck on trying to get a Karnor's group