Is the Epic starter quest working as intended now?

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-Chantrea, Feb 11, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Ferrah SeFoxel Guest

Ok, so the quest starter rate was broken. SOE knew about it and said there would be a fix. Cool. It wasn't right away...other classes already had their epics, but fine. I can live with that, life isn't perfect. At least I can start my epic now, right? No.

More wasted hours trying to farm for the starter. It's disheartening and I've had enough of it to be honest. Sure it's a game, but this is our game and this is what we are really into! And when we see other people running around with their epics or are spending time helping out other guildies get theirs...it's just plain sad.

I feel terrible for wasting my guildies' time. The fun is completely lost in this.

No, what I'm saying isn't new or brilliant. Just adding my voice in hopes that someone that can do something will take a real interest in what's going on. You're losing some serious interest in EQ2 from your dirges.
  2. ARCHIVED-ProfPaladin Guest

I was feeling the same frustration as all you other unlucky dirges (and sitting at work reading these forums wasn't increasing my desire to return to camping!). I had camped all the same Sebilis mobs before and after the supposed hotfixes, to no avail.

But last night, I and another dirge in my guild both got our starters less than 5 minutes apart in Sebilis. After a couple rounds killing the Heirophant PH up by the entrance, we decided to head deeper with the assassin and berzerker in our group, who were both after their updates. We went into the "laboratory area" (LOC -297, -25, 374), as the zerker's greenmist orb is supposed to drop behind the secret door there. It's an area full of perma-rooted iksar caster mobs in 2s & 3s with bookshelves all along the walls. We hadn't even managed to clear all the way around the room to the secret door before two ornate chests had dropped, with one quill in the first chest and TWO in the second. The chests were visible to everyone in the group but "locked" to the dirges - I won the first quill and thus couldn't even open the second chest. I can confirm that these are definitely NO TRADE/LORE and can only be looted by dirges who don't have one yet.

Maybe we just got very lucky, and karma was on our side (we *were* trying to help others get their updates), but in hindsight, it kinda makes sense... where else would you go to find a magical quill except a room full of scholars, books, and scrolls. If you're a frustrated dirge, you might try clearing that room before you give up hope. Good luck!

~Tristia~ (Nagafen)
    Norrath's Deadliest Erudite Dirge
  3. ARCHIVED-duuf Guest

5 more loooong boring hours
    Now total ..
    30 mirror shards..
    nearly 60 candies..
    bout a dozen pops on the hierophant..
    bout 3x that many on the ph...
    NO DANG STARTER...
    ITS BROKEN....
  4. ARCHIVED-Tsoe Guest

Been in sebilis for who knows how many dozens of hours over the past few days and nothing. Been to the laboratory/study almost every time..

Last night after raid I tagged along to help a guild member in Sebilis, and to my deuce-dropping surprise:

You win the lotto for \aITEM -512098421 967786012:Everlasting Quill\/a from the Ornate Chest of a Sathirian researcher.

Fixed? Lucky? I don't know
  5. ARCHIVED-Dagator Guest

I finally got my starter. It dropped off one of the hierophants in chardock library while taking some other people there for their updates. I had farmed this area before for the starter and it never dropped, so I wasn't expecting it. Anyways, I have it now, but it took alot of work, and is way out of line to any part of any other classes quest line. I have won, personally now, 57 mirror shards, and that is just me, not to include any of my guild/group mates that were with me. The price of shards on Oasis was down to 5g btw due to the excess drops. The good thing is that I helped my guildies do their epics, for which most are or were completely done before I had even started, (including a defiler!!). Now they all owe me and I know where most of the other class epic points are just from helping everyone out...lol
  6. ARCHIVED-duuf Guest

4 more looooooong hours in Sebillis after todays update..
    Hierophant even dropped ornate...

Now have 20+ hours farming since the "supposed" hotfix... on a part of the quest that should require at most a couple of hours...

NO DANG STARTER

ITS STILL BROKEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  7. ARCHIVED-Fairuza Guest

2 quills on Crushbone in 20 min off of Sathirian Patron's in the mercantile area. Clear the bottom and top floor. This is probably the highest concentration of lower level sathirians in the whole zone. A good group can mow them down. Hope that helps
  8. ARCHIVED-duuf Guest

Okies

After the Hot fix

25+ hours killing everything that moved around the mezzanine
    16 kills on the Hierophant alone

FInally, Finally a quill...

Thats just not right..
  9. ARCHIVED-Belaythien Guest

So it's still between "get a great level 80 group and spend several hours in the deeper parts, with no guarantee whatsoever" or "get a group and farm for days in the easier parts"? Good to know. So basically it's still broken and trying to start our epic is a waste of time. Oh well, maybe there'll be something some time in the future I can enjoy. Sacrificing 1-3 weeks worth of playtime just for starting a single quest sure cannot be considered enjoyable :D.
  10. ARCHIVED-Herfmin Guest

Finally got mine, dropped off of a sathirian researcher.
    ...took long enough.
  11. ARCHIVED-HalasianBastard Guest

BEYOND BROKEN and most likely always will be...

What has the Devs fixed? Let's face it bards... we r a supportive class, that not a lot of people play. Why are we rare... prolly cuz people know this class gets little to know attention... if no one plays the class, we dont get heard and we dont get fixed.

Look i dont know all the details... i couldnt tell u a lot about the exacts, all the little missing things in our class or all the things that have never been fixed...

but as a 5 year EQ1 and what now 4 year or so or more on EQ2 ( crap i cant remember now)... this IS by any doubt the worst neglect of a class by Sony/SOE.

Change things w/ this class immediately, make epic drops drop more often, give us our GD speed we need.... not 5% more speed but how bout 100% all the time.. hell u have neglected this class forever, u owe us 300% speed by now...

is this a rant... well apparently so, its nye time someone went on about this in forums, i guess it was my turn to crack, lol!

do something Sony or some of us, well prolly a lot of us, will start voting w/ the only ballot we have, it's called CASH, and your business will suffer even more... look we know everyone wants a piece of the fantasy online pie... hell u guys in my opinion have had the best tasting and biggest slice... but this player is tired of being told about the great pie coming out of the oven, only to get a POS slice w/ bitter flavor, served w/ a side of sour ice cream.

So here is your chance... easy enough... fix it... and do it now.

Excuses are like A#&holes, everyone has one, just Sony's happens to be bigger than most. Ohh and don't delete this post, nothing is out of context and nothing is over the top... just opinions and apparently mine is one that still doesn't count.

~Mercurio
  12. ARCHIVED-Sneteos Guest

Was geting desperate, day after day in Sebilis while helping my guildies with their epic updates hoping for a drop.
    Thought it was broke but it finaly dropped for me from a common mob in an ornate chest in the Laboratory and Study.
  13. ARCHIVED-verukte76 Guest

I decided *** it i don't care about the crappy weapon and it isn't worth the weeks of time it takes to get the stupid starter. If it drops while I happen to be play, yay if not whatever. It's another slap in the face to driges every expansion has gotten worse and worse for this class.
  14. ARCHIVED-Likias Guest

Tristia@Nagafen wrote:
    I dont have a dirge, but this information is confirmed. I had been helping one of my dirge friends camp the Hierophant in Sebilis for days and nothing. He was getting kinda frustrated and I saw your post and sent him there in hopes that it wasnt a wild goose chase as both EQ21-wiki and Allakazaam were doing. Since SOE wasnt confirming or denying the Hierophants it's hard to tell who is putting incorrect information into a player created database. Anyway, he and some of his guildies made their way to the laboratory and his first ornate drop (about 15mins in) had the quill in it. I thank you as well as my dirge friend thanks you for this tip...
    I advise everyone to abandon the Hierophants and try the lab instead. Perhaps your frustrations will be lifted...Well atleast for that lol
  15. ARCHIVED-Brynn Guest

Double Confirmed. Got it off second set of reaserchers in seb library.
  16. ARCHIVED-Mercuratrayin Guest

Working on close to 50 hours farming in Seb and Chardok Libraries. Still no @#%^&!@#*&^ drop. Ive given up on any hope of ever doing this epic. My SK epic started in 6 minutes with killing a mob in the basement in North Freeport Mage Tower. Enough already, Fix the @*&#^*@^ drops.
  17. ARCHIVED-Corbolu Guest

Does anyone know if the Quest starter is even possible of dropping for a non-80 dirge? We are heading for Seb tonight and if was wandering if my 78 Dirge could possible already to the item.

Greetz,

Corbolu
    Dirge of the 78th drum
    Lowland Elites
    Runnyeye
  18. ARCHIVED-skerry Guest

The quill dropped for me on the 4th patron we killed in the market place.
    and

No, you cannot get the quest starter unless you are 80.
  19. ARCHIVED-Luyr Guest

It dropped in the Seb market place for me, with no camping. From the duo that stand to the left, just at the top of the stairs. Was totally not expecting it. They weren't named, they weren't heirophants, just plane 'ol whatever hangs out in there.
  20. ARCHIVED-Likias Guest

sorry double post becuz my laptop is possessed lol