Is the Epic starter quest working as intended now?

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-Chantrea, Feb 11, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-GangleG Guest

another 3 hours wasted in sebilis with nothing to show. the only thing that is epic about this quest is the amount of time i've waste trying to start the ******* thing. really good job on the fix devs, keep up the good work
  2. ARCHIVED-Kerazie Guest

You know myself, I am not even mad at the drop rate, I am mad about other classes having to find something and click it to start their quest ( ie ...the deer.) while we on the other hand spend countless hours trying to get our starter. Maybe next time dev's should take two years to figure out how epics work instead of only 1 1/6.
  3. ARCHIVED-duuf Guest

Six hours..
    7 mirror shards...
    Heriophant popped twice...
    NO DANG STARTER
    IT AINT FIXED
  4. ARCHIVED-Menaelin Guest

Got mine after killing about 5 Hierophant mobs in Chardok Library today. This is easily the best place to get the starter. I still think it sucks that we have to go all the way down to that mess of a zone just to START the quest, but it appears, at the very least, to be working as intended now.
  5. ARCHIVED-firza Guest

Menaelin wrote:
    that could just as well be luck of the draw.
  6. ARCHIVED-Lardicoz Guest

firza wrote:
    Not at all, the Hierophants in the Chardok Library are dropping these at an almost common rate. saw it drop twice within a handful of kills when i went down to get my starter and help a bruiser get to the bottom room for their epic, and then saw it drop twice again when i was ther to kill the final named for the Dirge epic, and also to help a Brigand get to their chest at the bottom.
    so in other words i have seen 4 Starters at a cost of about 40 mins in the library. forget Seblis, Chardok Hierophants are the way to go.
  7. ARCHIVED-Furi Guest

Slacka@Runnyeye wrote:
    You have to be kidding me, we were down there yesterday for about a total of 1.5 hours which was about 15 of them and nothing. So I agree with the luck of the draw at this point and if they made it no drop then they just made it worse because while it was tradable atleast if a guildie got it, then we could atleast put it in guildbank for one of the guild dirges to get or something.
  8. ARCHIVED-Fairuza Guest

So I am confused on how to get to the library. This is what I have been told.
    • Go into palace and harvest books. If so where are they, how often do they spawn, etc.
    • Give the books to the librarian? Where is he?
    • Go back up to where the non-aggro golem is between blue and red gate and talk to the golem. He will gate you to the library and the only way out is to die or evac.
    This whole thing sounds backwards. As crazy as the palace is, for even a good group sometimes, I want to make sure I am doing things right. Any helpul suggestions?
    Thanks in advance.
  9. ARCHIVED-Menaelin Guest

Bravery@Crushbone wrote:
    It's been no-trade at least for days, not just since the hotfix. That was confirmed to me by a fellow dirge in my guild probably 3 days before the hotfix even came out. Not sure if the whole thing about it about tradeable was a myth, but at the very least, the hotfix didn't fix that one.

In any case, you only got 15 hierophants in 1.5 hours? Once we were in the Library, we had 5 Hierophants in probably 15 minutes. They're a pretty quick spawn in that first room with the books that float in the air. And there was actually another group in there at the time. Sure, it could have been a lucky drop, but I heard from another dirge in the guild that his took 20 Hierophants when he went down.

Whatever. In any case, Chardok Library is the place to go.
  10. ARCHIVED-Menaelin Guest

Fairuza wrote:
    I wish I could help you with all the details of how to get to the Library, but I was lucky enough to have a guildie who parked his conjuror down there in order to CoTH our full group and avoid fighting all the way down.
  11. ARCHIVED-Dagator Guest

I was in library last night for three hours, and killed tons of hierophants, and not a single drop for the starter. I have no idea how many were killed, but it was alot, as they pop pretty fast. You are either lucky, or I am unlucky. I still have not received the starter after farming for it significantly...
  12. ARCHIVED-Menaelin Guest

Dagator wrote:
    Okay, well then they must not have actually hotfixed anything. My case was a fluke. You can all go on being angry at SOE again.
  13. ARCHIVED-Gallereo Guest

Killed 7 named in Sebilis last night including hierophant with no drops. Guess I will try Chardok tonite.
    Glad to know tho I got a ton of Erollisi Day candy out the back end instead of my epic quest starter.
  14. ARCHIVED-duuf Guest

Another 6 hours in Sebillis this AM...
    Now up to 18 mirror shards...
    Did the Hieriophant or his PH every time they were up...
    Constant trash in between pops...
    NO DANG STARTER....

Bah this ain't fun...
  15. ARCHIVED-Sealody Guest

It's just luck.

Before there was any of the hotfixes in. 1 Kill, 1 Quill in Seb. Was on the way lower seb when Heiro pop on track. Group came back up and a quick kill drop the ornate. No PHers, no farming, no lines. I do know 10 mins before my kill, another dirge got her quill as well. As she was shouting in the serverwide.channel. Hehe.
  16. ARCHIVED-duuf Guest

Sealody wrote:
    You must be kidding...
    Bad luck is not getting one in the 1st 100 kills
    Broke is not getting one in 13+ hours of constant killing..
    ITS BROKE..
  17. ARCHIVED-Tanarion Guest

I think it is a little broke i mean the drop rates are bad.
    But to be honest i think this is probably the hardest part of our epic so i would understand the drop rates being hard i mean if you played eq1 camping nameds was a constant thing.So i could understand it being a hard drop because rest of the epic is cake i mean i walked through it in about 24 hours.
    But i hear other people having problems with it the drop rates to need to be tweaked a little bit.
  18. ARCHIVED-Lardicoz Guest

Tanarion@Guk wrote:
    24 hours? how did our quest ever take you that long? i walked through it in just over 6 hours without even trying to rush. in fact it felt it wholy unsatisfying, there were no challenges whatsoever. it almost felt like a large chunk of the quest itself had been missed out or somehow is getting skipped.
    With regard to getting to the library you need to enter the palace, and get to where it becomes an identical layout to Temple of Kor-Sha. first of all rather than going down the steps and continuing in go up the side steps to the 2 small side rooms up on the sort of balcony. the 3 books spawn here, 2 one side 1 the other.
    Then continue on as if you were heading to Overking. you will reach spectral golem type NPC on route, this is where you right click and give him the books. a secret door will open in the wall oposite him. this passage leads to the library.
  19. ARCHIVED-Crodacier Guest

I got mine yesterday by killing two Hierophant (about 1 hour camping in the mezzanine and its vicinity).

I didn't have the same luck in Chardok before yesterday, but i'm now a happy Dirge
  20. ARCHIVED-Tanarion Guest

Slacka@Runnyeye wrote:
    Only reason mine took longer is cuz i didnt get my updates right away in maidnes =/ which is why i had to wait besides that i woulda finished it much sooner.