Is it worth it?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Thyrom, Jan 26, 2021.

1. Thyrom New Member

Hi all,

I'm looking for a game to play casually and was wondering what the game was like these days. As a new player, is it worth starting?

I enjoy playing the healing class so would be looking at the Templar class.

2. Honeysparkle Tessabella

For sure! Jump in find a guild and see for yourself! Halls of Fate is a great server :]
  3. Skarltar Member

I love this game! It definitely has its issues but it has so much content and things to do. I wish that there was more investment into the game to improve graphical issues and add voice acting as the story is great in the game however there is a certain charm that this game has that exists no where else. As a newer player myself (Never managed to get too far the other times i played due to life not allowing me the time to delve in properly) I really regret not being a part of this games journey from the beginning. I recommend that if you are enjoying the game to perhaps try out the TLE.

As for playing a Templar, they are a very interesting class however they can be challenging to solo with. Unfortunately you will struggle to find groups for dungeons until max level unless you are willing to send tells to people in your level range to group up which actually works. But that does require a little more effort on your part
  4. Thyrom New Member

Thanks both, your replies are appreciated. Unfortunately, I am UK based so will be joining the EU server as I think this is where I will likely find players on the same time as me - I will hunt out a decent guild though. I did play the game very briefly 10 years or so ago but for no real length of time. The graphics side doesn't bother me too much as that just means it runs no problem on my old PC. :)

Thanks for the tip about grouping, I will check that out. I played a priest for many years on another well known online game and really enjoy that type of class.

Now to download the client!
  5. Kaldrun Member

sent you a DM......
  6. Thyrom New Member

Thank you. That was very helpful.
  7. mothelm Active Member

if you are interested in a guild that is doing alot of the content the game has in it Feel free to contact anyone From Rewind on Antonia Bayle....we are a Progression guild that operates alot like the TLE servers with less rules and a casual atmosphere...as far as i can tell we are the only ones doing this on all the Live servers well established for 2+years now focusing on the stuff most people run past to get to top level ....
    Eixx...Founder of Rewind
  8. Thyrom New Member

Thank you for your kind offer.

It has been a slow start so far as I'm downloading the client. I'm going to potter round for a bit to get the basics and will be in touch. :)
  9. Kindread Active Member

Honestly your subscription is better off elsewhere. This game is Krono (real money) heavy. There is no one to level with as the game is 99.99% top heavy. the last several xpacs were ONLY for end game. There is no PvP. The classes are VERY imbalanced. This does not change that much on the TLE server also. Game breaking bugs are left in for over a month without correction and the dev response is little to nothing. Stat bloat has been a MAJOR issue on live with millions of DPS and thousands of crit % on gear. A stat squish has been called for by many in the community with no response.

However, its a super fun game if you can get past all that. The top end community is solid with all sorts of guild types (but you may need to server hop to find that special one). The combat is pretty great, even if it is poorly balanced. The classes are generally fun to play (make sure to try the Beastlord and Channeler and their unique playstyles).

If you really wanted to come, and can put up with the aforementioned, than I would suggest you start on the TLE, Kaladim. The xpac that is about to launch is a level cap increase, which means its usually a good time to get in there without being too far behind.

Good luck on whatever you choose!
  10. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

sorry I never understood this class balance thing , and why that is important on a PVE server .
    I play the classes I like not because they pump out the most DPS or the highest heal rate , truh if you want a competitive
    Raid guild , but otherwise I love my beastlord because I can determine what my pets look like , because I catch them myself ,
    so it does not matter to me that they got nerved .
    I agree that Templars are a little hard to solo on , but so are other classes that are mostly support
    Like all classes that gets easier as you level up .

The TLE server is like a little world server , we got players on around the clock .
    Faydark Knights even has multiple Raid Forces that raid at European times and US times .

I have seen people playing there from around the world .
    Sure any TLE server is not permanent but you can enjoy a community for some years that has less blown up stats and a more simple play mechanic that will make it easier for a player who has not been in the game for a long time .

the present TLE server will soon get the next expansion for a level cap of 90 .

mothelm ' s guild or other level locked guilds are another good option .
    Breanna likes this.
  11. Skarltar Member

I have yet to ever spend money on a krono playing both the TLE and live. I am at max level on live and unless you are in a massive hurry and in a top end guild I have never once had the pressure that i needed to spend money outside of the subscription and latest expansion. Krono for me is the same as buying money from a gold seller. It saves time on the grind (and is bad for the game imo) but at the end of the day, its just an item worth plat. So you can only trade it for a set plat value whether that is directly for an item or the money itself.

If you have the time to grind some plat, i don't see why you would ever need to buy a krono. If you don't have time then that is a possibility for you.
    Breanna likes this.
  12. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

aham I buy kronos from the broker for what they are intended for , for people that can't buy a subscription but have the time in game to earn one .
    I know of plenty other people who buy kroon so the lights stay on , on the TLE or free trade servers .
    Skarltar, Soara2 and Breanna like this.