is it worth coming back?

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-Gonzo550, Jul 26, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Gonzo550 Guest

I dropped out back in December when things got real dull. Tried a few games and they died fast (rift for example). Heard the expac screwed zerkers over majorly - and I'd just betrayed to one and gotten fully mastered. So what's the state of the game? And if it's not worth returning, what is being played these days?
  2. ARCHIVED-Cratoh Guest

It's pretty fun if you raid, and do dungeons. Not so sure about crafting side, but there seems to have been a lot of changes to make that more interesting. Chronoing or staying 90 and doing old content up to SF is fairly enjoyable as is catching up on achievements etc.
    You'll have to regear probably completely if you've not been on since december, but the PQs/DoV questlines and EW questlines will help with that. People won't want you tanking with less than 120 critmit and 30k hp but that is really easy to get.
    Overall the DoV expansion seems to be about pushing everyone into raiding, with the silent focus on crit mit, plus the fact that crit mit was only associated with raiding pre-DoV psychologically seems to be making people want to raid a lot more.
    There is a fairly decent and easy x 2 in great divide which is good for gearing up weapons and jewelry, and there are a lot of faction merchants which sell a lot of stuff which is fairly nice to get into the game again.
    EQ2wire has a lot of good infos about new shard armor and adorns as well so give that a look.
    And I've grouped with a fair few zerkers as dirge, or coercer or dps and not seen them complaining, or doing a siht job so all good really.
  3. ARCHIVED-Gonzo550 Guest

should I make the effort to go back guardian? I pretty much had all the raid gear from the last expac - part of the reason I quit was it was just so boring doing the same three raids each night.
  4. ARCHIVED-Bremer Guest

Essentially you have Bruisers, Monk, Shadowknights and Paladins, who are good in all gameplay types (solo, group, raid, pvp). And you have Guardians, who suck at pvp and group play, but are comparable at raiding to Brawlers and Crusaders. And as offset to Guardians you have Berserkers, who suck at raiding, because they are in group and pvp play comparable to Brawlers and Crusaders. This seems to be the current vision of class balance. 4 jack of all trades and 2 classes, who would be if you combined their strengts as good as the other 4, but each taken alone weaker than the other 4. So as long as you don't want to raid you are fine with a Berserker. If you want to raid, but no group play or pvp you are fine with a Guardian. If you want to be good at everything roll a Crusader or Brawler.
  5. ARCHIVED-Gonzo550 Guest

dang, Brawlers actually got good? lol. I still hate SKs. The crap they did to make them OP about two years ago still burns me up. I was literally cast aside by three guilds because they wanted an SK to tank. I may reconsider coming back for this very reason. There's just no other game out there that I find interesting.
  6. ARCHIVED-LygerT Guest

yea, unless you have a raid spot guaranteed then i wouldn't bother resubscribing or unless you PVP or solo the majority of the time. so basically if you raid, you'' have to compete at the end of the line with a handicap versus the other tank classes with the only strength having decent buffs.
  7. ARCHIVED-schizolic Guest

not even worth using any free time they would have given you for their hacking incident.