is it unfair?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by juliette06, May 27, 2017.

1. juliette06 Member

i fell guilty (a bit) my mercenary is able to fight 5level 30+ and alone in 5 seconds.. (i am levl30)
    and for sure without himi would have lost in 3 seconds:(
    is it fair too use it?.. i feel like i cheat..but alone fight are so long so much harder..
    i really Wonder what to do ..
  2. Enoibia Well-Known Member

I would suggest that you just find a way to play that is fun for you. It's a game; it's meant to be fun!
  3. Raff Well-Known Member

When soloing. I keep a merc on tap. But I only pull it out if there just no way I can complete what I'm doing. After the fight, he goes back in the can & I continue to solo.

Just because a merc is available doesn't mean you have to use it all the time. If you are subbed, I suggest you move your slider to 70% and stack AA's early on to be able to solo effectively. Especially if you are new to the game and have lots to explore.
    Enoibia and Prissetta like this.
  4. santargria Well-Known Member

It's your game, play it your way!

I use a merc all the time and I have no issues with my merc being able to take out mobs with which I have difficulty.

Heck, with a few of my toons I have a merc and a pet and sometimes I just stand back and watch them destroy the mobs just for fun - they are specially helpful when I'm harvesting and get attacked!

No reason to feel guilty at all IMO.
    Enoibia and Prissetta like this.
  5. Fleurs Active Member

Well, since you will not get a full group to do heroic instance, having a merc is the only way you will have to do heroic content at lower level. Anyway, on higher level (70+), even with a merc it will be a bit harder, no more mass pulling, you will have to do single pull.
  6. Finora Well-Known Member

You can use a merc or not. 100% your choice.

Some of my alts can tear through heriocs all by themselves through at least their 80s, some have a bit more trouble. so I bust out a merc to move things along or to keep me healed.

Sometimes I use it even though the character I'm on can do it without the merc, just to speed it up because of RL time constraints.

Mercs are a game feature, they are there to help players do stuff if they don't have a group or want a group.
  7. Kalika Well-Known Member

De fait les mercenaires furent introduits pour compenser l'absence de groupes. Dès le départ il étaient un eu trop puissants et désormais c'est pire car ils sont vraiment bien trop forts. Juste lors de leur introduction j'avais reussi a faire ma quête épique au niveau prévu avec vitia et ma furie -- sur le serveur gratuit qui venait d'être lancé -- Elle avait aussi pu faire une bonne partie des quêtes d'héritage et le contenu héroique.

Donc le mercenaire c'est avant tout pour le contenu initialement prévu pour un groupe.

En solo contre des monstres normaux tu peux juste lui demander de te suivre. Si c'est stamper (ou un autre soigneur) il va quand même te soigner et te curer. Pour un mage c'est une bonne solution, tu dois tuer et gérer tes mobs et ton mercenaire te soigne.

Pour le contenu héroique t si tu prends un tank tu aura l'impression de ne servir à rien, le plus marrant serait de te faire un profil "mage de bataille" (demandes dans le forum mage quelles aas prendre) et de tanker avec un mercenaire soigneur, ce sera plus dur et tu ne pourra guère aller au dela du "héroique jaune" mais tu devras vraiment jouer.

ps : commence par du bleu héroique et note que même un soigneur comme stamper risque de tuer les mobs à ta place sir tu lui demande de te défendre ou de t'assister.
  8. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

this is by design.

With the Nanny & Romper Room state* DBG is implementing; this is how mercenaries are so easily able to steal aggression from tanks, this is how the little mommy-merc is able to protect the little Nunu'es from getting a little paper cut or scuffing their little knees,... aaawww,...
    That way, one never learns their character's abilities, having no clue how to function in a group, and then they become bored having no clue how to be functional on their own.

*definition for those who need: No consequences from decisions, no injuries from what obviously would be dangerous situations or creatures, continuing the expectancies of the Entitlement Generation.
  9. ConcealFate Well-Known Member

can basically run around with no gear at all as long as you have a merc. Doesnt even really matter which one you choose, they pretty much pwn everything up to 10 levels above
    Soara2 likes this.
  10. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Google translation:
    In fact the mercenaries were introduced to compensate for the absence of groups. From the start it was a too powerful and now it's worse because they are really too strong. Just when they were introduced I had managed to do my epic quest at the expected level with vitia and my fury - on the free server that had just been launched - she had also been able to do a good part of the heritage quests and The heroic content.
    So the mercenary is above all for the content originally intended for a group.
    Solo against normal monsters you can just ask him to follow you. If it's stamper (or another healer) it will nevertheless treat you and cure you. For a mage this is a good solution, you have to kill and manage your mobs and your mercenary treats you.
    For the heroic content t if you take a tank you will feel like no use, the funniest would be to make you a profile "battle mage" (requests in the forum mage what aas to take) and to tank with a tank Mercenary healer, it will be harder and you can hardly go beyond the "yellow hero" but you will really have to play.
    Ps: begins with heroic blue and notes that even a trainer like stamper risks killing mobs in your place sir you ask him to defend yourself or assist you.
    Soara2 likes this.
  11. Spindle Well-Known Member

Learn to play with your merc. It is not necessary to have the merc constantly assist you, especially with green, blue or even yellow mobs. It's nice to have the merc heal you while you are learning just what your characters strengths and weaknesses are. Having the merc do all the work is like being power-leveled. Having the merc just heal you or even just stand by waiting for you to click the assist button is like having a guildie or significant other help you learn your character.
  12. gaymer77 Active Member

Not necessarily true. My SK is able to do massive pulls in COA and he was just in his 60's when he did it. He's in his 70's now and can still do it. And that was without a merc or healer.

To the OP juliette06, it is all up to you if you want to play with a merc or not. I prefer using one because it speeds up the process and on my healer characters it doesn't make me want to stick forks in my eyes because of how slowly things die.
    Soara2 likes this.
  13. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Mercs are another tool and option to use. You don't have to use them, but they are nice to have if you need them. Better to have them and not need them than to need them and not have them.
    Soara2 likes this.
  14. Melt Actually plays the game

Agnostic dungeons are no indication of that. I can mass pull in there the second I get reaper.
    Soara2 likes this.
  15. StoneLegion Active Member

Shadowknight / merc sounds like cheating. I'm slowly going through the zones I have not touched the merc but sometimes I am quite week due to the lack of gear at times but I still been staying away from the merc.
    Soara2 likes this.
  16. Determind Active Member

Its not unfair to other players. They have access to mercs too. If you think its unfair the mobs you are destroying, well you were planning on killing them anyway so...
    Soara2, Rosyposy and Shmogre like this.