Is it time to hang up the sword?

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-Kragmire, Feb 1, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Kragmire Guest

This last patch has me beaten. I couldn't play at all tonight. I was getting hit by greys. Evaced from a green single arrow mob after four hits. Killed 40 blue and green solo mobs for 1% xp.

Added to the fact that most of our songs still don't work as intended, that many spell upgrades aren't, that so many of our abilities are now useless... I now honestly feel like most of my song icons are empty of any utility. I assume that once other classes understand this too, I will never get a group. Such a shame; I was really looking forward to this game...
  2. ARCHIVED-Quasar Guest

It might help if you compile a list of the issues with songs & abilities so the dev team will know what's broken.
  3. ARCHIVED-SingleTrack Guest

Key word here is, Might.
    They have been given lists, they have been given daily feedbacks, they have once again ignored the bard class all together. I still see arrows plugging into my back when I shoot a mob, which then tells me, I am still taking damage from my power pool. Kinda the way I feel with this knife in my back after the Feb. 1st patch. I have stopped caring. Time to move along.
  4. ARCHIVED-Quasar Guest

I see....so because they haven't instantly addressed every issue that means they never will? Stop being so pessimistic.
  5. ARCHIVED-Kragmire Guest

Quote: I see....so because they haven't instantly addressed every issue that means they never will? Stop being so pessimistic.

You have to understand that it is always a question of priorities. The dev team only has so many hours a day. They can spend that time creating new content, adjusting current content, or fixing bugs. What concerns me is that bugs are not being fixed, and that they feel it is a higher priority to "adjust" major gameplay elements like the single defining stat for 25% of the classes in the game.

Why now? What was so inherently broken about Scout classes that they had to introduce a blanket nerf after years of beta testing and four months of live gameplay? Even if some small percentage of players were using exploits to be "unhittable" was it really such a bad crime that they had to insta-nerf 25% of the player base? On the one side - a few folks who were getting access to better loot, on the other side the general enjoyment of 25% of their player base... hmmm... tough to decide.

It's like Dev priorities are being set by a bunch of guys with big egos who dont give a [FaarNerfed!] about player happiness but who freak out at the thought that someone somewhere has figured out a way to "optimize" their game system to allow them to be more effective. It isn't OUR fault that they created a system that allowed people to become invulnerable (though I have yet to see this EVER happen even at level 39). Couldn't they have fixed the problem instead of breaking the game for 25% of the population?
  6. ARCHIVED-Quasar Guest

You make it seem as though these effects on scout's overall performance were deliberate. I really don't think the apparent effects of adjusting AGI is what they intended.
  7. ARCHIVED-Lornick Guest

Q: Is it time to quit?

A: It is if your not having fun anymore. That is the goal isn't it? To have fun.