Is it possible to autofollow 1 person in raid?

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Lorilie, Apr 12, 2019.

1. Lorilie Member

So, I ported to feerott and there were 20+ people auto following 1 toon, is this possible were they just trolling? All had super weird names and in same guild.
    Feara and Zeddicious like this.
  2. Bekkr Well-Known Member

I'm trying to think of a reason why you'd think it wasn't possible, but I got nothing.
    Breanna likes this.
  3. Lorilie Member

Because there is not an option to autofollow someone who is not in your group? So how would 20 people all be autofollowing 1 person, unless there is some command or UI i am unaware of. In my original question it says 20 people auto following 1 person, so isn't it a pretty clear and basic reason why I would think it wasn't possible given the basic commands? I will try to type it out slower next time.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Bot army in a bot raid.
    Lateana likes this.
  5. Bekkr Well-Known Member

Well **** me for asking I guess.
    Zeddicious likes this.
  6. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

did... did you wanna ask me next?
    <cryingemoji.jpg>
    Breanna and Bekkr like this.
  7. Lorilie Member

Explains it, suprising that they would do it with a full raid.
    Feara likes this.
  8. Lorilie Member

Watching his whole raid huddled in a corner trying contested vox was entertaining.
    Feara likes this.
  9. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Cheaters have been using third-party automation software to run raids for a long time now. If you see this going on, you can always get screenshots, a list of toon names, try to talk to the members of the raid, and use /report if anything is said that warrants it, then follow up with a Support Ticket.

There's so much of this that goes on that I usually don't bother to report it unless the bot army is messing with me, hogging something I need, etc. If they are blocking you from contested Vox, then it's worth petitioning.
    Kalika and Breanna like this.
  10. Lorilie Member

Well, I don't think we can kill it but if they were doing vox, they can kill mobs like venekor and other x4 contesteds no problem. Would suck if they take those away from people.
    Feara likes this.
  11. Kalika Well-Known Member

Laughed so much seeing a 6 boxer with 4 necros, a troubi and may be a healer. The 4 pico-iksar skelies were so cute.
  12. Redlight Well-Known Member

i Am SuRe It WaS a BoXeR...

For real though, you can get suspended for interfering with "boxers" or reporting them, so you might want to skip that.
    An old guildmate of mine got suspended for reporting and pulling mobs on to a "box" group in current expansion contested zone.
  13. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Boxing is perfectly fine. Botting (which looks like boxing but which uses verboten third party automation software) is not fine. If the person is truly boxing, then if you kept reporting it, that would understandably annoy the GMs. If you only use /report, then the GMs never saw anything. You do a /report then a /petition if you want GM action.

You said your friend was "pulling mobs on to a 'box' group in current expansion contested zone"... well, training mobs onto other people or attempting to disrupt their gameplay is also against the rules, and if the person who was trained reported the friend, the friend probably got in hot water. It is never right to break the rules yourself, no matter what anyone else is doing.
    Dude and Breanna like this.
  14. Redlight Well-Known Member

Lol at people who manually box or at people who think that people manually box.
  15. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

On Nagafen, DBG demonstrated that they could detect that stuff and were quite harsh with permanent bans. Y'never know when they'll decide to do that on Live.
  16. Redlight Well-Known Member

Not really, it is because Kannkor showed them. Personally I encourage "boxers", unless they mess with contested, which is what daybreak said they would pursue action for.
  17. Satyr Well-Known Member

I don't know why you white knight about reporting people. No matter what the developers say, botting is allowed on all servers other than event servers. There are only two software packages for EQ2, it wouldn't be hard to ban everyone using them, as has already been demonstrated on Nagafen. I know how much fun botting is, but I really wish it was restricted to Live, it does significant damage to the economy of a new server.