Is It Normal...

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by turnerjeric1993, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Decadaire Member

Like Bashem said, Mercs make a mini-group.

With a Conjuror's Master level mage pet + Templar Merc + 10 year Paladin Merc + Wiz Merc + Mystic buffs + Troubador songs...

You have a full group that is basically on auto pilot. The Conjuror's attack triggers 4 other "attackers" to swarm the target.

I almost went with 3 Conjurors or Necros for 3 pets + 3 Mercs.

I'd played before so I wanted a fast easy way back to the content I had ended at previously. If I was new to EQ2, I'd probably just 2 box without Mercs (addicted to alt-tabbing for some reason now) or do 1 char + Merc. I think it's mostly that I hate downtime, so want another char as a healer or resser.

Glad the OP is doing better.

The only reason I'd say to start over would be on a more populated server. If you make a char on Freeport to play or just get advice, add me up as:

Tenglor - 98 Conjuror (main)
    Exalior - 94 Mystic (alt box)
    Melifluous - 92 Troubador (alt box)
    Lorant - 29 Bruiser (alt box, name lock)
  2. Charlice Well-Known Member

If you don't enjoy questing, you don't have to quest.

When you've got a bit more of a handle on your SK, try some Level Agnostic Dungeons. (eq2 button, dungeon finder, lads. levels 20-94)
    Every drop you get, equip. After doing a few you'll be geared from head to toe, have new weapons, and jewelry in every slot. You'll also pick up adepts and masters. They're also fun depending on the other folks in the group.

Don't even worry about being expected to tank in them. Generally that role goes to who ever has the highest dps.

Just have fun! And welcome to EQ2. :)