Is it my imagination...

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Uwkete-of-Crushbone, Jan 30, 2020.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

...or am I just being paranoid, but looking at all the bugs and "fixes"/features, like the complete lack of at least saying, "We see your problem, we're working on it! Please stay on the line..." on the housing portal bug, and the new bug even now showing up on Public Test as well, where the materials that crafters need no longer display what level they're for (seriously, for those who haven't run across this yet: you hover your cursor over a material you've harvested, and all it says is either, "This looks as if it could be used for crafting." or "This rare harvest looks as if it could be used for crafting." [Someone on the Bug Forums {can't recall atm, but it was a brilliant post :D} said that was about as useful as trying to check out the stats on a weapon and having it say, "This looks as if it could be used to hurt someone."] The only way you can tell now which mat is for what level is either having memorized them all or have them in a Depot)... There's also the new "bug" that's apparently now a feature, where it seems that if you enter or leave a Solo instance with your food and drink on auto-consume (and, it seems, only for a Solo instance...), you will LOSE the entire stack of each, regardless of how many you had left or how much you might've paid for them. I must admit, I haven't tried that last one out for myself to double-check and see exactly what was happening, but I haven't got the old Tier 1 starting junk on my higher level toons any more to risk, either. :-/

It may be me just getting paranoid, but it sounds to me like someone in the higher echelons doesn't want anyone else playing this game but raiders in groups? :-/

Change my mind...please. X-P

Uwk
    Marae, Argosunited and Cyrrena like this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

There have been interesting reports about the food/drink thing; some say you just lose your bonuses from the food/drink, others say you lose the entire stack of each. I tried out an instance listed as Solo on Wiki with a level 100 Necro on Public Test, who went in with a stack of 100 Tier 2 food/drink each. If she lost her teeny bonuses due to them being on Auto-Consume, I couldn't tell, but she got in, did the quests (things were still green to her in there), and got back out with both stacks intact, at least. So, I take that as a good sign for that part; I suppose I could find some other Solo instance (though there's not a lot listed on Wiki) and try again with better food/drink and see what happens to them.

In the meantime, nope, still nothing on the portals or materials, though Dreamweaver said he'd be checking on the mats. :(

Uwk
    Cyrrena likes this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Okay! Further info on the "disappearing food/drink stats/buffs/whatevers": according to Cyrrena (thanks, Cy! :D), this only occurs on Luclin, in the new expac.

For those of us still languishing on Norrath's surface, huzzah! :D

For those of you up amongst the stars...sorry. Hope they come to their senses and fix the original bug they found a "solution" for Soon(TM) (if it's bothering the raiders, that'll probably happen before too long ;)). :-/

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  4. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I did a BoL solo on Saturday night to test this out for myself. I didn't want to lose a lot so I used the food/drink made with dreadberries as I have a ton of those and had my own provisioner make it, sorry, a lot of cog fog, so I cannot remember the name. I entered the Sanctus Seru: Echelon of Divinity with 5 food and 5 drink on auto-consume. When I completed the instance and exited the instance, I opened my character sheet and my food and drink slots were both empty. I was in the instance for a grand total of 47 minutes.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hoy. Yeah, I know the food/drink you're referring to; a lot of my not-so-young-any-more youngsters still use it, since it's still better than a lot of others out there. ;->

And from what I recall, they each last for about a half hour, if not longer; you should've had four of each still left, maybe three if the "bug fix" takes away one of each for the crime of giving you buffs. :-/

Both entire stacks, eh? :(

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  6. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Yes, both slots were empty. And I always keep food and drink in my slots so I wasn't starving so it used one when I put them in the slots. So I zoned in with 5 in each slot, was in there 47 minutes, and when I zoned out both slots were empty.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

That blows! :( I am NOT happy with their "temporary fixes" to semi-permanent problems. Let's hope they get better ones (fixes, that is). :-/

Uwk
    who has to wonder if that one dev that didn't like us flying at 10th level for whatever spurious reason is now in charge of things at Darkpaw... :-/
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.