Is Feral Rending broken? (BL)

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by Shogun2007, Apr 3, 2022.

1. Shogun2007 New Member

Just got level 41 on my BL and got this ability . I try to flank and stand behind the mob all advantages work exept this one. Also it doesnt fit in my BL bar since it only has 4 slots for Advantages so i placed it on a regular hotbar.
  2. Nutari Member

No, its not broken.
    You cant use Warders Abilities in your normal Hotbar.
    you have to choose the ones to use in your warders bar so cant use all of them..
  3. Shogun2007 New Member

Yeah ive noticed i get new advantages i can i pick the ones i want. The flanking type do the most damage. I have another question i am using feral stance exclusevely but my favorite pet (rodent) has Spiritual Primal called Rapid Flurry.
    Does that mean i have to be in spiritual stance for it to proc ?
  4. Shogun2007 New Member

Also when soloing i dont see much use of spirtual stance, do you use it in groups?
  5. Nutari Member

You can use pets like you want not important which stance do you have.
    The only important thing is to level all warden types to grandmaster so you can use their special spell.
    Some will give spells for spirituell stance and some for dps stance.

Normale i dont use it in group because for the actual heroics is 1 healer enough if you have a good equipped team
    and my dps is high enough to kill enemies in H2 very fast, so no need for heal.

Sometimes with friend i use spiritual stance to work as a mana pusher because this is one of the things
    you can do in spiritual stance and i did this in raid less times.
    Shogun2007 likes this.
  6. Miauler Active Member

The warder will use its skills no matter what stance you're in.
    The Primal that maxing the warder grants you (the beastlord) does depend on what stance you're in (so yes, for Rapid Flurry that is granted to you, the Beastlord from the Rodent, you'd need to be in Spiritual Stance to use, but you wouldn't necessarily have to be using the Rodent pet at the time; simply being awarded that primal means you can use it with any pet, as long as you're in Spiritual stance).
    You can drag advantages/primals from your knowledge book to a hot bar. However, if you don't have them 'loaded' in the beastlord bar, then clicking them on the hotbar does nothing (so pay attention if you're doing that; I've faceplanted more than once because I was using the wrong hotbar skill layout).

Spiritual stance is one I like. It's flexible and makes a group more robust. However, if you don't need to be in spiritual stance in a group, I'd say go for Feral. That tidies the fight up far faster.
    If going on a pickup group, I tend to opt for Spiritual initially, and if they're a good group, I'll shift up a gear and swap over to Feral.
    For groups I know well and regularly team with, I'll tend to have one or another stance as "my place in the team" depending on their strengths (I usually opt for Feral stance if it's workable, as it just makes things faster, but Spiritual is always there to switch over to at a moment's notice if things are having a bad hair day that day).
    Interestingly, I've once managed to (scrappily) be a primary healer for the tail end team in a Raid that didn't have enough healers (and I largely kept them in one piece, when backed up by a Guardian as group tank, and everyone chugging potions for cures) as a Beastlord in Spiritual stance. I don't recommend it as a serious raiding proposition, and definitely not in an MT group, but it's possible in an emergency. :)

In Solo, Spiritual is my go-to stance. It's pointless doing more DPS when things pretty much just evaporate from a single hit (maybe two) anyway even in Spiritual. The odd use of a healing/warding/power primal just means no need to stop, no merc needed (unless you really need lots of cures) and you're nigh on indestructible in solo. It's a very "Forgiving" stance.

As far as I'm aware, Rapid Flurry affects the autoattack output (which is quite a low component of your entire DPS). I tend to use either Restoration of Marish Kur if I'm on a 'General' Spiritual run, or "Energising Assault" if I'm definitely going all out to keep power flowing as much as possible (give "Restoration" a shot while you're out soloing without a merc and see how it compares for your play style; you may still prefer going back to RF, but the one thing I find with a Beastlord is that there's a lot of ways to play one.
  7. Miauler Active Member

And just clarifying the answer to the original question: Feral Rending works fine, but you have to be flanking/behind the mob AND the blue paw icon for weakness needs to be active.
    If you drag the skill from your Combat Arts section of your knowledge book to your preferred place on your hotbar, it will work, as long as you also have it loaded and visible on your Beastlord Bar as well (if you then change it to something else on your Beastlord Bar, then the one on your hotbar will remain visible, and appear to be ready for use, but will not be able to be activated until you bring it back to visible on your Beastlord Bar again and satisfy the conditions of use).