Is Escape broken post patch?

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-Negdiil, Jan 8, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Negdiil Guest

I run Escape Adept 1. Post patch they cut the cast time to 3 sec and the recast to 15 minutes. Yay!

However, it is no longer pulling my group along with me... I don't know if they have to be within a certain distance of me now or what, I need to do more tests, but one of the coolest uses was to pull a party together if it was split up across a zone. I dont think I can do that now..

What have other people discovered? Does this only apply to the Adept 1 or do you find the same thing with App 1?

Rychus
    33 Dirge
    Kithicor
  2. ARCHIVED-pheonyxe Guest

I am going to go check - I never bothered upgrading escape.

Pretty sure I am still running 5/30, not 3/15 - in which case HURRAY! reason to upgrade!!

However I HAVE noticed that there is now a RANGE to Escape - it no longer pulls everyone

Beefstick Malone
    Lucan
  3. ARCHIVED-Spellsinger00 Guest

Escape is now on a 5min recast timer and your group has to be close to you, a very short radius on it. They changed it because it wasn't meant to be used as a teleport spell to get people together, but to be used in combat when needed and the group is close together.
  4. ARCHIVED-gamecat Guest

Question to the live team (if they read this forum) would be, why not one word of this in the update notes? First I knew of esacape having a range to it was when it left someone to die who was in clear visible range, I thought that was a bug till it did it again later. Stealth changing stuff just annoys more people than explaining what, and why they changed things. Now we have to guess to exactly what the advantages of upgrading escape are, does the range increase, does the chances of leaving someone behind go down? What is the recast time supposed to be exactly?