Is Drinal coming back?

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by slippery, Jan 18, 2013.

1. Twyxx Well-Known Member

Starting to think Drinal was modeled after my ex-wife.
    Kalderon likes this.
  2. Estred Well-Known Member

Yes, yes you are reading exactly that. It is one of the worst "luck mechanics" to date. The 2nd imo is Eriak the Fetids Fear+Explosion Curse that the cursed has to removed (feared so you can't + feared so you can't get away from the raid) only counter to this is quick raid-movement which destabilizes the tank and if it's on a Joust or Harrowing Fissure... or worse both lines up. It can quickly become a wipe.
  3. Gninja Developer

I am not opposed to changing it in fact I already tried to change it once but it didn't work and the ability stopped working completely if he was being fought with a full raid force. I just want to get the crash issue worked out first.
    Kalderon, Neiloch and Estred like this.
  4. slippery Well-Known Member

I know Roger has done tons of "If you have A you can't get B" things in the past. I'm sure he could help you, and I'm sure it wouldn't even take more then a few minutes.

Luck and waiting for something not to happen != challenging and fun.

And at Estred, I disagree about Eriak. While what you are saying is kind of true, the durations are different. You have time to get out and cancel. Though getting feared into the red text while crouch/walk can be pretty lame. That is also something that can be overcome with gear choices and use of abilities/potions.
  5. Estred Well-Known Member

Agreed, It is a "workable" issue that players can counter, which imo is what all raid fights should try to keep in mind. Imo it is sometimes funny. More often then not we wipe because said person got the fear while they were running out and they used their 15 min pot probably earlier in the fight (this usually is a healer at this point).
  6. Crychtonn Active Member

The simplest fix is to not allow Souldrain to land on tanks. Eliminate the need for extra coding that might cause more problems. It should be a fast fix since this has been used in many fights in the past. Commanders not cursing tanks pops to mind.
  7. Estred Well-Known Member

Simplest yes, but maybe not the best. I do agree though as there are only 2-3 tanks on average a raid though just making it not effect tanks would be the simplest solution to this issue.

Edit: I may say then add something to Temporal beyond just it's current effect (A frontal joust) to keep the difficulty in line. That is another time though 1st things 1st.
  8. Darkon Well-Known Member

The memwipe happening literally half a second before the check to make sure that the tank swap has happened is just beyond frustrating. Make it so the memwipes goes off after the tank swap, not just before. Luck is the most annoying factor on any mob, and this mob having MULTIPLE effects that are luck based, is beyond stupid.
  9. scousetroub Active Member

We killed every form this mob has been in, But for the first time we killed other night when tank got Tank buff and Souldrain the HPS and PPS went through the roof. Not saying it aint a really bad bit of luck but it is still killable.
  10. slippery Well-Known Member

Because most of the raid was ae avoided or had spirit tap, I'm willing to bet if that wasn't the case you die.
  11. scousetroub Active Member

Aye - it is very touch and go when that happens. Veil of notes saved my skin tbh. intercedes lifestones manastones stone skins ..the kitchen sink all went in
  12. slippery Well-Known Member

Rereading the thread and found this on page 3. It's funny how we're still talking about these things and the script not wiping effects on port at 50% (this particular reply was in response to the transfiguration buff killing tanks on port).
  13. scousetroub Active Member

Are tank got Souldrain three times in row tonight, On the pull two tanks had Mindweld and then one got chain Souldrain...was a masacre - then got one shot because of port and tranfigartion even tho the other tank had it name targeting him with buff on him (not sure if it was decause of proxy)
    @ one point he had all three buffs on him

Poor guy got a some one in SoE playing games with him ?
  14. Rhita Active Member

So, first time against Drinal since the most recent patch. Still crashing....
  15. Estred Well-Known Member

I think Gninja identified that a separate issue is also causing crashes. They should be "less" though.
  16. Rhita Active Member

We're crashing every other pull.
  17. Estred Well-Known Member

Aye... yeah that can't be right.
  18. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

I hope the fact Drinal is still this broken means all the Dev time has been spent on the new zones and all the scripts will work perfectly!
    Chronus and slippery like this.
  19. Gninja Developer

We identified the new spot it is now crashing and are working to get it pushed to live.
    Dinwiz likes this.
  20. Everdog Member

Even when pulling Drinal 2 soulwells, we often have to deal with 2 curses (Power over Death) at a time.
    I don't think this is intended.