Is DB Trying To Rid Game Of Casual Players?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Almee, Jan 18, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Because with certain improvements, more players will play this game. Instead of me seeing tumbleweeds/ghost town at low levels.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Oh no. You can probably get friendly guild mates who are better geared to drag you through heroics to gear up.

The stuff you get from the Achievements and even sometimes from Overseer Missions is just a nice way to gear up that's easily soloable.
  3. Leloes Well-Known Member

All I'm saying if nothing else take a break then come back with a fresh perspective. If this game is stressing you out that much that is exactly what you need is a break.
    Breanna likes this.
  4. Bhayar Well-Known Member

5. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Almee, I understand your point when it comes to real relationships and marriages. I have been married for almost 40 years.
    The difference is what you are describing isn't a "relationship" when you discuss DBG and the player. Relationships are two way streets that have communication and certainly, isn't reliant on one person paying another to maintain that relationship. Both enjoy and feel like the other contributes to their sense of well being. Are there going to be disagreements? Absolutely.

We'll agree to disagree, but the idea of comparing a real human relationship with a gaming company you're paying (and stops pretty much the minute you stop paying) aren't even comparable. Friends and spouses are there when you need them, listen to you, can sympathize or even tell you when you're wrong. If you have to pay someone for those services--assuming they're even provided, then you don't have a "relationship," in my book. Again. we'll agree to have a different perspective on this.

Regards.
    Spindle, Raff, Breanna and 1 other person like this.
  6. Bhayar Well-Known Member

You think I have a weak argument and you offer this analogy? Thanks for making me laugh so hard this early in the morning.
    Breanna and Leloes like this.
  7. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

I'm confused, is this addressed at Almee, or me, since you quoted two different people?

Regardless, nice to see this is devolving into personal attacks now.
    Dude and Leloes like this.
  8. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

I am sure its nothing personal
    Breanna likes this.
  9. Leloes Well-Known Member

I never take anything personal someone says here. None of the people really know me so there is no sense in taking anything personally.
    Breanna likes this.
  10. Mermut Well-Known Member

They need to be BEHIND people to catch people in their cone heals. Sure they need to be using their auto-attack, but it's a ranged auto attack and they want to catch everybody in their heals.
  11. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

I think it is time to take a break in this thread.

I'll consider reopening it after a cool down.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.