Is Channeler Worth Getting?

Discussion in 'Priests' started by TinyRatongaofDoom, Sep 27, 2019.

1. TinyRatongaofDoom Beau Wintertail the Ratonga

So.. I decided to move to an older account and.. my other account has Channeler but I didn't really enjoy it (mainly because, every time I asked for help on figuring out how to play a Channeler or whatever, people either didn't answer or act like an *** about it)

So, I may get Channeler on this account, at some point, same for Beastlord. From what I remember, the one thing that I was bummed about was the fact that the pet doesn't aggro, at all, I also remember the DPS of a Channeler being awful, even worse than a Templar's, but I know damage shouldn't be the main focus (although, I quite enjoy being able to kill things instead of waiting a century to kill something.)
    Dude likes this.
  2. Heccie Thump Member

I switched from defiler to using channeler as my main in this xpack. I have had my fair share of people telling me I can't heal this or I can't heal that but I have found it easier to use the channeler than the defiler this time round. Yes, in raids the parser doesn't seem to return very good figures despite the group being stable and people tell me that they need some love before the next xpack goes live. I'll take it, but I don't think they are as bad as people think.
    Dude likes this.
  3. Minimme Member

Channeler can heal more than other healers despite intercept and healing barrage nerf if second healer in your group don't cure dots and you cure them by yourself. In all this fights i was in group that did not have tanking tank and had second healer in group. For example Ftor is channeler :
    https://ibb.co/4SCXfmS
    https://ibb.co/PjhSykY
    https://ibb.co/TPWPFpF
    Dude likes this.
  4. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

well it is a fact that to begin leveling a channler from the very beginning is a royal pain they use arrows even faster than a ranger and at the beginning all they have is one attack but the higher you get up the better they get just like all healers I guess. and later on they can hold their own not like a fury maybe but as healer they are pretty darn good .
    you have to look up a good AA tree to get the most out of them and go for it , but you better get yourself the biggest
    quiver you can get and a woodworker to make the ammunition.
    Breanna and Dude like this.
  5. Heccie Thump Member

Never a truer word spoken. I have a ranger alt that is a woodworker and I had to level him up to 110 just to be able to make myself arrows. I currently have an Elysian ammo conservation Hackamore fitted to my channeler's mount and still seem to go through around 4-5000 arrows a week. When I level the mount to 8 (only got the raid one drop last week) I will be fitting Ammno Conservation reins too. Back when AoM was current and purple runes were the thing I used to run with the full set of ammo conservation runes on my armour also.

I have to take my harvesting alt out regularly to get Arborian Wedges (rare wood) to make the arrows. I seem to have a full time staff of alts who are there just to keep my channeler going.
    Schmetterling likes this.
  6. Clintsat Well-Known Member

The problem with Channeler is that it offers almost zero offensive utility to the group.
  7. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I believe they tried to make every healer a little different so all have something special they can do some give wards others put reactend heals on you and so on so everybody has a place , has a role.
    well helping with dps is not one of those things a channelers is good at .
    Breanna likes this.
  8. Tajar Well-Known Member

They were good dps when they first came out in ToV, I often outparsed scouts with mine. They nerfed them in AoM though :(