Is Celestial Teachings locked behind the tradeskill mount?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by semisus, Jan 7, 2018.

1. Uganda Knuckles Member

but they used to drop 100%.....
  2. Earar Well-Known Member

yeah did few zones also and always got a drop. 6 or 8 zones
  3. Quigly Active Member

Can also confirm I've seen a drop from every zone boss it's intended to drop from.
  4. Rubick Well-Known Member

Yes, but every person I helped finish the mount got bottle-necked trying to get horns. Now that they drop out of Torden 1 and the other innovation components drop out of Gears it's much easier to avoid getting stuck on one item. Put the ellipsis away and think before you're going to try to be so passive aggressive.
  5. Dannni Active Member

Gninja said no change in drop rate but has increased the drop rate by adding zones.... bug
  6. Rubick Well-Known Member

He told a friend of mine that Tower Breach and Gears had mats before, but they were too hard to find. I'm not sure how much I buy that with all the searching we did, but I'm not about to look a gift horse in the mouth.
  7. Moss Well-Known Member

Well it’s my third week after getting the mount and still no ascension components in any weekly quests, may be next week then... and yes I’ve completed all the quests, timelines, factions, ascension and craft skills leveling.
  8. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

Thanks, Caith. I'm just reposting this so that people who are looking for the drops don't have to go digging through the thread to find it. The drops for the Completionist Achievement are from certain end bosses in the Heroic instances. I'm not fully clear on whether once you've done the achievements, you can possibly get Celestial Teachings from weekly solo missions, but I"m assuming you don't or the percent is lower. In KA, the illegible scrolls I got were from Events or Heroics from what I remember,s o I assume you meant heroic and harder weekly missions.
  9. Steelviper Active Member

The illegible Journeyman scrolls also dropped in KA Advanced + Solos, only very, very rarely.
  10. Revel Well-Known Member

33% my butt. 20+ weeklies done between the toons in my guild that have the mount, and no one has gotten one yet.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  11. Maelevodin New Member

If you happened to get your Deity, other than Potency (worked up) prior to this past summer, you're probably sitting in a good position right now. The rest of us, not so much! Occasional 1-boost to deity stats, and random at that! Once again game designers are pandering to raiders. How much of a money machine would they have left if non-raiders found something else to do?
    CoLD MeTaL and Mizgamer62 like this.
  12. Maelevodin New Member

Can't gear up enough to raid unless you raid. Can't rain unless you're geared up. Never ending loop of futility.
    CoLD MeTaL likes this.
  13. Rubick Well-Known Member

This isn't even remotely close to true. Heroic gear is more than adequate for raiding.
  14. Quigly Active Member

yeah that number, while possibly intended, is not what is happening. I've completed 9 weeklies now and not seen a single one. It's a small sample, but not seeing one with that high of a chance is pretty small and sounds like you've got a larger sample size to work with. Disappointing.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  15. Arieva Well-Known Member

Can we confirm if its all weekly missions ..or just heroics?
  16. Rubick Well-Known Member

It's all weekly missions Arieva.
  17. maxximum Active Member

I've done 12 weeklies (overland solo x2, solo zones x2, t1 heroic x2, t2 heroic x2, event heroic x2, and t1 and t2 raid weekly on one toon and zero celestial teachings have dropped. I got only got the mount on both toons this week before I picked up weekly so we'll see how it goes next week.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  18. Scalo Active Member

Dont make high hopes. I've got it a while ago, done 6 heroic weeklies and 4 raid weeklies since then. no drops.
    if the drop rate is as low as 25%, that would put me among the unlucky 5.6% of the player base.
    i hate low drop rates, that leads to excuses to not investigate and fix problems. page-based system from KA was better.
  19. maxximum Active Member

Can you clarify which weeklies pls?
  20. Arieva Well-Known Member

Rate needs to be raised please