Is Celestial Teachings locked behind the tradeskill mount?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by semisus, Jan 7, 2018.

1. Melt Actually plays the game

2. maxximum Active Member

Thanks, I missed that.

It can't be 33%, or it's broke. I'm now up to 22 weeklies and still nothing. No doubt it. won't be backdated, so I've missed out on 5-8 celestial teachings so far with no sign of it changing. The only other thing I can think of is that I maxed all my ascensions on both toons before that particular achievement was fixed, but it looks like everyone else is having the same issue.
  3. Alenna Well-Known Member

Wrong, from the beginning crafting was it's own style it, crafters got stuff from adventures to make things the adventurers needed which created a robust community of players with different playstyles working together. You did not have to be an adventurer to progress in your crafting at the beginning same with the adventurers you did not have to be a crafter to progress in your adventure the Devs with the past 2 expansion have done a complete 180 on the philosophy the game had at its beginning. You could be and an adventurer, crafter or both if you chose now it seems as if the current Devs have forgotten that or don't care about crafters as players.
    Rhodris and Mizgamer62 like this.
  4. Rubick Well-Known Member

If you didn't have to adventure to be a crafter at launch, how did you get materials women zones had access quests that prevented a level 1 adventurer from zoning in to harvest? Nobody had money to just craft and not adventure back then either as we all started with 0 copper and had to adventure to work up from there...
  5. Tekka Well-Known Member

You went out and harvested, and harvested everything in sight. Both to level up and craft things to sell to folks, and for the chance at rares you didn't need, but could sell - to other crafters, or even to adventurers who wanted to have MC gear made. The economy in the game is a bloated garbage fire now (and has been for a few years), but it wasn't always like that. A dedicated crafter could be self sustaining.

Careful harvesters have always been able to gather materials, even in areas that are much higher level, just by keeping an eye out. And if you got stuck, you could always call on a friend or guildmate - or even just a shout out to the zone - for someone to come help out and clear a few mobs for you.

You are correct though, both crafters and adventurers had to start from the same spot and work their way along their chosen path. Some folks did both, some did primarily one or the other, but each was valid - until the past couple of years.
  6. Leed Active Member

If it's just weekly heroics, I've maybe just had a bad streak of luck (been doing both 1-5 and 6-10 weeklies). If it's heroics AND solo weeklies - then it's broken and nowhere near 33% if that's suppose to be the actual drop rate. Statistically - what are the odds of 12+ weeklies, and no results - if the odds are suppose to be 33% for each one? Then add maxximum's 22 weeklies and nothing - now what are the odds statistically speaking?
  7. Quigly Active Member

Another set of weeklies down, another week of ZERO celestial teachings. Anyone care to address the pretty glaring mismatch between stated drop rate of 33% and actual drop rate?
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  8. Leed Active Member

Something tells me it used to be 33% and then it got broken OR there's another achievement or quest we need to have completed that hasn't been mentioned.
  9. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

This ^^^. My low adventure level (20ish) alchemist made a small fortune selling pristine inks and quills to sages on commission.....
  10. Castegyre Well-Known Member

I spent a fair amount of time harvesting or collecting things for other people back then. I didn't craft much, but I participated. I might still have my trophy laying around somewhere.
    The_Real_Wurm, Mizgamer62 and Tekka like this.
  11. Dannni Active Member

Did you guys get all 4 ascensions to level 15? Could be the reason you are getting nothing. Also my understanding is it does absolutely not include solo weeklys. Looks like only the 3 heroic weeklys so on average you should get 1 per week. Quite generous if you ask me
  12. Leed Active Member

Yes, I got all 4 to 15, got the achievement for it as well. Been doing the heroic and solo weeklies - no celestials at all with 3 cycles of weeklies.
  13. Rubick Well-Known Member

I had a friend tell me he got one from a solo weekly. He could be mistaken though, who knows?
  14. Tekka Well-Known Member

Was this a clear statement from one of The Team or your interpretation of something that was said?

The confusion and misunderstandings come when The Team aren't clear about how stuff works, or make statements that are demonstrably not what is actually happening - IE the 33% drop rate.

It'd be great if The Team would just clarify - Do they know it's clearly not working the way they stated it is? Is there a fix? Any information would be better than a great big nothing where players have to speculate if it's broken or not.

(Also that players can't tell if it's broken or working as intended is just... really bad any way you look at it.)
    Iglu, Rhodris, Castegyre and 3 others like this.
  15. Quigly Active Member

Quoted for emphasis
  16. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

As an example, in the old days on the Vox PvP server, many of us had level one toons for harvesting higher tiers so we wouldn't get ganked while harvesting.

The other way is to just have a leveled toon harvest harvest and feed mats to crafters. I know some crafters who only play high levels for harvesting.
  17. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

As the game pop shrinks, they are just trying to move more crafters into instances so people can fill groups.

The grind and drop rate component is simply consistent with the existing revenue model.
    Castegyre and Rhodris like this.
  18. Arieva Well-Known Member

Yep. Ran this with weeks weeklies with 5 ppl all with mounts and all ascensions at 15. not one page among any of the 5. That includes solo..raid...and heroic.
  19. Earar Well-Known Member

probabilities.

To really see a pattern, u need a LOT of weeklies done.
    33% is low, so you can easily spend few weeklies without seeing any. then 2 in a row. It's not a guarantied drop every 3 weeklies.

Same issue with rare drops (fiery feather or liquid lava or myth cloak., Some will see 2, some none just because the numbers aren't with them.

for exemple, dragon fire. I have 57% chances that this spell will be reset. so every 2 dragon kicks it should reset. Well sometimes it doesn't reset 4 times in a row. is it broken ? no ! sometimes it will reset 4 times in a row.

same with the rare epic2 drop. some had it the first time, some waited more than 20 times. It's 20% chances ... but you need a big sample to really start seeing the 20%. Some are just not lucky !
  20. Arieva Well-Known Member

Yes but as sample size goes up..ie my group of 5 all with it done you'd think just one would beat the odds and see one. Fact is most "normal" gamers wont have the required components to even be eligible for pages till half way or more through the expansion cycle. Only so many weeks left so the reward needs to be appropriate. If its 33 and working it needs to be raised a bit. If its broken as so many untested things can be..it needs fixin please!