Is AOD an actual expansion?

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-Quicksilver74, Sep 13, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Shaolin Sam Guest

Gaealiege@Butcherblock wrote:
    The heck you smokin', Willis?
  2. ARCHIVED-kdmorse Guest

feldon30 wrote:
    I don't necessarally agree with that, although it may be true for 'some' classes. Or perhaps dual role classes where someone only plays one role. (ie, I felt that way on my Inq until I started seriously DPSing).
    The more limiting factor today is they way the panels are laid out, and the limits in each tree. There are lots of AA's in tree X that I would like, but I've maxed out tree X, and have to spend them in tree Y, which has nothing of interest in it, leading to the feeling that more AA wouldn't benifit me.
    Edit: I was stupidly assuming that *of course* they were raising the limit on the trees (except maybe heroic) so you could actually spend the points in a usefull fashon. It would be insane not to, as you couldn't even spend all the new points otherwise, without being forced into useless area of trees you're already avoiding, and then the TS tree. I mean, wouldn't that be dumb...... They wouldn't do that... Right? Right?????? ... Son of a....
  3. ARCHIVED-Blissa2362 Guest

50 more AA's is a joke, I am at 268 AA on my necro and already I am thinking to myself. That there is nothing more worth while to get other then the pet lifetap. Whats more useless AA going to do for me? Nothing!
  4. ARCHIVED-CliveEvenstar Guest

I have to agree with a lot of points on this. There just isn't enough information regarding everything that is going into it for player's to go over to see what in general everyone would actually like. About the only things I'm looking forward to is the Freeport revamp (which is suppose to come with it), and that particle customization system that is suppose to also come in for weapon crafters. I'm a little disappointed on the DYOD and its limitations, personally player's should have complete control of their design for it, SOE should just provide the tools and the needed models. I wouldn't even mind a easy to use scripting tool to make DYOD even more unique. BL's... that could go either way, they stated it will be unique because of a syngerist type combat system with the BL and the warder.
    Mercs.. sound like a EQ1 grab for the dwindling playerbase I guess, so people who aren't in top guilds can form full groups to hit content. Then you have that tradeskill npc thing, where you can hire/recruit a tradeskill npc who can make certain things player crafters can't and level as well. 50 more AA's.. well I see them doing that mostly because of the of 1) the new tradeskill tab that eats 25, and BL's. They never stated that the BL and its warder pet wouldn't be sharing AA, they only stated the pet would have its own AA tree's. Unless someone can point me to where it was said differently.

All in all, this should be a free release to the DoV content as they stated future stuff would be because its so darn big. Instead they are going to skip DoV to charge for this, then head right back into DoV content?
  5. ARCHIVED-Lcneed Guest

Slizz@Crushbone wrote:
    I think the Freeport revamp would be free for all. I don't see how they could stop people who didn't buy the expansion to go to Freeport? There is no way they would keep 2 versions of Freeport.
  6. ARCHIVED-Hamervelder Guest

Streppoch@Guk wrote:
    Think about the number of features that are supposedly going to be included in this "expansion", and then think about the number of features add in previous expansions. There's simply no comparison. From what we know right now, this expansion has less content than some of the older GU's, and Sony wants us to pay for it. Beastlords, possible AA limit increase, BYOD, and Reforging make an expansion? Really? Oy...
  7. ARCHIVED-ShinGoku Guest

Once again the angst on the forums and in game could be easily remedied if a red name posted a round up of some of the other features (if any!) that will make up the expansion.

Yes we know about a few of them but we need to know more to shut us up lol
  8. ARCHIVED-Tigress Guest

Cisgo wrote:
    that may be the case for most classes; however, for my druid, i would love to have 4 end lines completed in the druid tree so i am looking forward to it for that reason only. if it turns out that i cannot get a 4th endline, then i will have wasted my money. (i would like to have all 5, actually, bc i have to use my AA mirror for tradeskill & i really miss the STR line when i'm solo or in tiny group.)
  9. ARCHIVED-Tigress Guest

nvmd (delete post)
  10. ARCHIVED-Rocc Guest

SOME classes will benefit from an AA increase but many will not. Personally I would enjoy more AA's spent in the heroic tree on almost all my toons. But this hardly justifies the expense of purchasing an expansion that should be called a game update. I expect there will be a new starting area for the BL but again, no new content = no new expansion. Call it what it is....
    ...A GAME UPDATE
  11. ARCHIVED-Anestacia Guest

feldon30 wrote:
    Probably the wisest post on these boards tbh. I also would like to add something along these lines, though different than what you said above. I have been re running old questlines and such in my boredom these past months and the number of unresolved "cliffhangers" in this game is astounding. In almost every expansion you set up some important plots but then they never get touched on again.
    Christanos was set up very mysteriously 5 years ago with a clear "plan" yet has been involved in nothing since Neriak's release in EoF. What about Felwithe? In Evernight Abbey we retrieved the High Elvin crown and were all set to help crown new royalty and take it back from the vampires. What caused Luclin to explode?! Still do not have an answer for that. I could go on forever but I won't. My point is, I would love it if you could take the time to continue or wrap up old storylines and bring the whole world up to date.
  12. ARCHIVED-Lodengarl Guest

To answer the OP's question...I do not see this as an expansion. An expansion to me clearly denotes new content, not new features to interface with existing content. A new expansion means taking a day or two off work to log in and zone into that fresh new overland zone(s) - check out the new art, the new NPCs, quests, get some discos, clear the fog of war off the map, and feel excited about exploring a whole new place - how far north can I go until the map stops? How high can I go? Oh wow, what's that blue shiney doing on top of this mountain peak. Oh sweet, a heroic overland mob to kill.
    Break down weapons, hire mercenaries, build some dungeons for bots... meh. I will buy it for the 50AA and get micro-transaction like thrills off spending them, but there will be nothing that will make anyone call this AoD like you do DoF, EoF, SF, or DoV - it to me, offers less inherent EverQuest excitement and fun than some former GUs and even Adventure Packs. At least with those I got new zones, new stories, new quests, and new places to dominate. Isn't that what EQ2 is all about?
  13. ARCHIVED-Yimway Guest

Shaolin Sam wrote:
    LOL, I'm still here and I'm pretty sure I've never been cast as a fanboi.
    But yes, seriously, AoD has far more in common with an adventure pack than it does with an expansion. SoE-Mod-7of9 can agree or not.
  14. ARCHIVED-SOE-MOD-07 Guest

This post has moved: /eq2/posts/preList.m?topic_id=502816&post_id=5649507 Off topic and trolling
  15. ARCHIVED-Raknid Guest

/offtopic Was that a troll post or something that was quoted? I missed it darn it. Musta been good lol.
    /ontopic You would think with beta invites going out we would hear something soon? /crosses fingers.
  16. ARCHIVED-j6ixty Guest

Im telling you one thing... I am waiting for Skyrim and I can say this game is going into the trash can.
  17. ARCHIVED-ShinGoku Guest

In general gameplay smokejumper pretty much confirmed that the features we know about are pretty much it.

This does NOT BODE WELL.
  18. ARCHIVED-Belzeebub2 Guest

AoD is NOT and expansion it it IS a glorified GU. So I'm not going to buy it tbh, I haven't purchased a GU before, and I'm not going to start now.
  19. ARCHIVED-lail Guest

Lera@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    i dont raid due to timezone issues, and i dont think this is an expansion either

actually the aa cap increase doesnt even grab my attention, i never played eq1 so i couldnt care less about beast lords
    dungeon maker i am going to absolutely loath and i dont decorate because unless you know how to use layout editor its pointless trying cos the ingame commands are circa 1950's
    there is nothing in this "expansion" lol for me unless there is quests with new rewards and maybe even a little storyline to go with it
  20. ARCHIVED-lail Guest

Anestacia wrote:
    while that would be great , its not new players that buyign the expansion , its current players, and if im honest , current players are playing at 90 now , gotta be the majority surely
    oh wait , it is going to be new players tho aint it, free players , maybe they should be buyign the expac cos its aimed at them